PDA

View Full Version : So when did they know?

OUHOMER
8/2/2006, 06:00 PM
Ok they are saying this happened in the summer of 2005 before last season. So OU may have to forfeit all of their games from last year. Now that really sucks and remains to be seen.
I wonder when the coaches really found out about this. I wonder if CL knew about it before he left????

jbstrick
8/2/2006, 06:02 PM
1430 AM in Tulsa just said...

When Hudiburg bought Big Red Sports they were looking through the books and found several discrepancies and notified OU.

OUstud
8/2/2006, 06:38 PM
So if we have to forfeit all of our games that makes Aggy a 5 win team and Baylor bowl eligible. The NCAA may just equal PETA as worst organization ever.

BOOMERBRADLEY
8/2/2006, 06:44 PM
As I have said before. If U$C gets absolutly no penalty for letting the Bush Family stay in a mansion and Jarett stay in an apt. nearly free of charge, and Ohio State to a lesser degree for the Clarett thing, then OU should not be touched

Soonerfan88
8/2/2006, 07:15 PM
When this first broke, I was told by a current student (not player) it was for "work" supposedly done this spring. Said he even had "claims" on his timesheet that he was working during spring practices. Then OKC radio gets the story and it turns into "claims" on his tax return for 2005. Which is the true story? Cause if it's just from this spring, there are no games to forfeit & no reason for probation as OU didn't gain from it.

sooner94
8/2/2006, 08:06 PM
As I have said before. If U$C gets absolutly no penalty for letting the Bush Family stay in a mansion and Jarett stay in an apt. nearly free of charge, and Ohio State to a lesser degree for the Clarett thing, then OU should not be touched

Exactly. The issue for here OU,USC and Ohio St is improper benefits, and if the NCAA is going to penalize one school, they must penalize them all.

Rusher
8/2/2006, 08:26 PM
1430 AM in Tulsa just said...

When Hudiburg bought Big Red Sports they were looking through the books and found several discrepancies and notified OU.

If that's true, than this is a case of "no good deed goes unpunished." Their good intention backfires and now everybody is gunning after their business.

Imagine what would have happened if they kept their mouth shut....

sooner94
8/2/2006, 08:39 PM
Just saw an interview with Mr. Hudiberg himself.

He said that he purchased Big Red Sports Imports in April 2006, and at that time there were no players working for the dealership, and nor have there been any players working there since then.

That seems to indicate that this issue goes back to 2005, as I doubt the $18,000 in wages could have occurred from January 2006 through March 2006 based on Bomar's "40 hour weeks" (13 weeks x $20/hour x 40 hours/week=$10,400). This had to have started in 2005.