PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Bomar Did A Wonderful Job...

Remembering Tom Stidham
8/2/2006, 05:50 PM
...Of teaching his son to play quarterback. He did a pathetic job of teaching him self-control, common sense, and to think of others before himself. Had it not been accepting pay for absentee work, it would have been something else. That boy is heading for self-destruction.

Bob Stoops would NEVER ask Paul Thompson to play quarterback in his senior season. He is heading for a great year at wide receiver and in the NFL. So it's Hazle, McEachern, or 6-4, 210 lb. Sam Bradford. Whoever starts, this won't be a repeat of last season. Our defense will be the finest in the Stoops reign. Our offense will start ten gifted athletes around our rookie quarterback. I remember another freshman who had to start early in his rookie season as the starter went down with injury. We went on to win a national championship because he had great players around him.

At my advanced age, I relish every season. Bring 'em on.

LoyalFan
8/2/2006, 05:54 PM

Bob Stoops would NEVER ask Paul Thompson to play quarterback in his senior season. He is heading for a great year at wide receiver and in the NFL. So it's Hazle, McEachern, or 6-4, 210 lb. Sam Bradford. Whoever starts, this won't be a repeat of last season. Our defense will be the finest in the Stoops reign. Our offense will start ten gifted athletes around our rookie quarterback. I remember another freshman who had to start early in his rookie season as the starter went down with injury. We went on to win a national championship because he had great players around him.

At my advanced age, I relish every season. Bring 'em on.

Thanks, RTS!

I believe you are right on. Your words have helped me stop the unremitting projectile vomiting I've been indulging in since a gloating idiot on San Antonio TV made the announcement.

I will NOT go get drunk. I will NOT go get drunk. There's no place like...I will NOT go get drunk.

LF

TheUnnamedSooner
8/2/2006, 05:57 PM
Maybe one of those other qb's has hidden talent that only shows when it matters.

OKC-SLC
8/2/2006, 06:23 PM
nicely put, RTS.

Dio
8/2/2006, 06:26 PM
I will NOT go get drunk. I will NOT go get drunk. There's no place like...I will NOT go get drunk.

post of the day