PDA

View Full Version : 3 Cheers for Paul Thompson!!!

tnraider1
8/2/2006, 04:56 PM
He's a classy guy who has done everything in his power to help this team win. May he win the starting job at QB and lead us to victory. I met his Dad at the game we do not speak of, and like father, like son. ENA, you deserve it buddy. There's a lot of us pulling for you. Boomer Sooner!!!!!!!1

TopDawg
8/2/2006, 05:01 PM
I hope he doesn't get moved back to QB. I think he's one heckuva WR. I mean, if he does get moved back, I think he'll do fine, but I'd hate for him to be stuck in a back-and-forth type of situation.

Newbomb Turk
8/2/2006, 05:02 PM
I don't see how he doesn't get moved back.

Sonner magic923
8/2/2006, 05:03 PM
If Not PT then who? Hazle? boy does he need work or what

Newbomb Turk
8/2/2006, 05:04 PM

plus, no depth behind him.

Sooner-N-KS
8/2/2006, 05:06 PM
A thought I just had......if PT gets the ball he should have a much better understanding of the pass routes and what it takes for the WR's to get open.

I'm trying to think positively, but it's hard. I keep thinking wishbone.

Wishboned
8/2/2006, 05:08 PM
I hope Paul Thompson gets to play the position that will work out the best for him.

He is a class act, a team player, and he deserves all the success in the world.

TopDawg
8/2/2006, 05:18 PM

Well, he's got a little over a month as the first string QB in practice before our first game.

http://www.joeyhalzle.com/

Maybe it's time we all get a little more familiar with Joey.

Titan_Fireman
8/2/2006, 05:20 PM
As much as it makes me choke on the harf I'm tasting saying this, not to mention blowin' my brand spankin' new first post on even CONSIDERING this crapfest-esque thought...

There's a few recently successful ballclubs out there with quarterbacks that have a similar skill set to our go-to guy Paul Thompson. Good set of wheels and possibly questionable accuracy. Not to mention a dang sight cooler head than the dink that's currently packin' his bag.

*chokes back the barf*

Could you imagine The Wonderlic Wonder with the defense we're gonna have and AD stompin' a steady diet of faces in for him? Am I the only one, as nauseous as I am right now for even remotely making the comparison, that could actually see this as a silver lining, especially in an offense like Wilson's Northwestern scheme that can work well with a mobile quarterback?

Dio
8/2/2006, 05:22 PM
All hail ENA!

Sooner-N-KS
8/2/2006, 05:23 PM
Halzle'r record was 1-9 last year. He may have had a bad team around him, but he's learned how to lose.

Booner
8/2/2006, 05:25 PM
I think I met Thompson's folks at New York Pizza place in the spring of 2004. They seemed like really nice folks.

bri
8/2/2006, 05:26 PM
ENA ALL THE WAY!!!!!

Blue
8/2/2006, 05:28 PM
If PT can go pro at wideout and does not want to move back, I say he's got all the right in the world to give a collective "F You and the finger" to the coaching staff.

CatfishSooner
8/2/2006, 05:33 PM
He might have the right...But he's not that type of guy...If he's asked to fill the void at QB he'll do it.

tnraider1
8/2/2006, 09:16 PM
He might have the right...But he's not that type of guy...If he's asked to fill the void at QB he'll do it.

Also, Jerry Porter played QB for West Virginia, now starting wideout for the Oakland Raiders, well not for long but he'll start for somebody. Vince young will probably be making a position change too once he pulls a Ryan Leaf type pro career.

C&CDean
8/2/2006, 09:17 PM
Silly, SILLY people.

goingoneight
8/2/2006, 09:26 PM
Paul Thompson has had some really shining moments and was pulled in the TCU game becuase... well... they all sucked that day. I've seen him through the years as an active backup to Jason White and in a few games before. Unless we have a second-coming of Josh Heupel in a True freshmen or a JUCO transfer, which is HIGHLY unlikely... I bet we see PT under center in 2006. There were several games last year in which we couldn't do better or worse with Bomar, but Chuck and Bob kept Rhett in for the game experience. This is why people do not recognize PT, he hasn't been given a real chance.

badger
8/2/2006, 09:27 PM
yea, paul.

yea, paul.

yea, paul.

ENA! ENA! ENA!

PT12! PT12! PT12!

my three cheers are up.