PDA

View Full Version : Sunshine Pumping in here!

SeattleOUstudent
8/2/2006, 03:19 PM
Well, I know we lose Bomar. I know we lose Quinn. Big Red Sports & Imports will have to change its name.

We do have some good prospects to turn to...this is OU afterall.

from ESPN.com
With Rhett Bomar kicked off the team, the Sooners' depth chart at quarterback looks like this:

• Joey Halzle: From Huntington Beach, Calif. Transferred from Golden West CC where he threw for 2,077 yards and 13 TDs in 10 games.
• Paul Thompson: Began the 2005 season as the starting QB, but was later moved to WR. Could potentially be moved back under center where he was just 11-26 for 109 yards and an INT last year. In his career, he is 41-72, 417 yards, 4 TDs, 3 INT.
• Sam Bradford: True freshman from Oklahoma City. Top 20 QB recruit last year.
• Hays McEachern: Walk-on.

-- ESPN Research

TMcGee86
8/2/2006, 03:26 PM
A small part of me (very small) thinks maybe this will solve the over-confidence problem that Stoops seemed to be worrying about, and maybe, just maybe, with steller RB and WR play, a decent QB can lead us to a 10+ win season.

I'm in my happy place right now mind you...

BoomerJack
8/2/2006, 04:07 PM
From TMcGee86: "just maybe, with steller RB and WR play, a decent QB can lead us to a 10+ win season"

I'd would agree with this if they all were not so inter-dependent upon the others. WR's can't make catches if the QB isn't consistent in making good throws. Running room for RB's won't be there if the defense doesn't have to respect the pass completion capabilites of the QB and his WR's.

I don't care how anyone slices it, this fiasco bodes ill for the Sooners this year.

Soonerfan88
8/2/2006, 04:47 PM
Count me in as a pumper. Although we lose some QB options w/Bomar, don't count out Halzle. Everyone talks about how bad he was in the spring, but I thought he did very well for only 3 weeks in the system. Heupel has great things to say about him and that's good enough for me.

Okieflyer
8/2/2006, 04:54 PM
http://www.oldengine.org/members/pml/Graphics/Challenge%203.JPG

Thank goodness! Here's my contribution.

TMcGee86
8/2/2006, 04:57 PM
and besides, in Bomar's entire time here as a starter he never beat texas even once!

pfft. I'm glad he's gone.

JohnnyMack
8/2/2006, 05:00 PM
I predict many a Chinese fire drill.