PDA

View Full Version : Bomar Off The Team

JohnnyMack
8/2/2006, 12:48 PM
Please feel free to join the meltdown here:

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2

sooner_born_1960
8/2/2006, 01:00 PM
In this case, a meltdown might be appropriate.

royalfan5
8/2/2006, 01:03 PM
My condolences to you guys.

SoonerInKCMO
8/2/2006, 01:08 PM
I was wondering why the site is so slooooowwww...

crawfish
8/2/2006, 01:09 PM
Aaaaaarrrrrrgh!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Bomar and Quinn, you morons. :mad:

jeremy885
8/2/2006, 01:22 PM
I'm glad Paul Thompson red shirted to now.

walkoffsooner
8/2/2006, 01:26 PM
say it aint so please.

BoogercountySooner
8/2/2006, 01:27 PM
Bomar and Quinn over compensated by Big Red Auto!

Ike
8/2/2006, 01:34 PM
color me not surprised.

As much as I loved Bomar's heart on the football field, He always came across to me as being similar Ebby Calvin Laloosh in almost every respect...

GDC
8/2/2006, 02:11 PM
color me not surprised.

As much as I loved Bomar's heart on the football field, He always came across to me as being similar Ebby Calvin Laloosh in almost every respect...

He even kind of looks like him.

Why's he calling me meat? I'm the one driving a Porsche.

slickdawg
8/2/2006, 02:13 PM
SON OF A BEYONCE!@#!@#$!@$!#@%$!#@%RT!#$D!$Q

**** !!!!!!!

Osce0la
8/2/2006, 02:26 PM
sorry guys...

MamaMia
8/2/2006, 02:27 PM
I think I'm going to be sick.

Osce0la
8/2/2006, 02:31 PM
It'll be interesting to see what the polls do after hearing this...How good is OU's backup?

Boomer.....
8/2/2006, 02:33 PM
We are going way down. :(

bri
8/2/2006, 02:33 PM
Nice to see Rhett finally living up to his potential. No, not the potential to lead us to a national title, but rather the potential to get kicked off the team for good.

Sheesh.

GDC
8/2/2006, 02:37 PM
The whornloving pseudosooners have sure been quiet today, I figured they were up to something.

Petro-Sooner
8/2/2006, 02:48 PM
Its Nate Hybles fault.

Tear Down This Wall
8/2/2006, 02:59 PM
Word from the brother of former punter Freeby is that the NCAA has contacted Freeby and others who have left the program over the past year. This smells bad; more dismissals may follow.

8/2/2006, 03:00 PM
literally sickening

TUSooner
8/2/2006, 03:01 PM
How do you pronounce Halzle?

8/2/2006, 03:01 PM
TDTW, I hope you are wrong about this. In the meantime, please don't spread ****. It smells.

jeremy885
8/2/2006, 03:09 PM
Is Big Red Sports and Imports on fire yet?

mdklatt
8/2/2006, 03:10 PM
After his underage drinking violation last year I got the feeling that Bomar was a dumbass. Brent Rawls all over again. Bomar's father is a yainch, too. Eh. Good riddance.

Integrity > Victory

mdklatt
8/2/2006, 03:10 PM

It's a cross between "Heupel" and "Hybl". :D

mdklatt
8/2/2006, 03:13 PM
Is Big Red Sports and Imports on fire yet?

They should start with King *********'s mullet.

Newbomb Turk
8/2/2006, 03:14 PM
First all the basketball stuff, now this.

So much for the optimism about the upcoming football season. We could be very average on offense.

etouffee
8/2/2006, 03:16 PM
Jeez, for a site about farks and cars and politics, you people sure do talk about sports a lot. http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d167/bushtit/smilies/wtf.gif

Widescreen
8/2/2006, 03:19 PM
Hall Zlee

Tear Down This Wall
8/2/2006, 03:22 PM
Freeby's brother was the source who told me to expect one or two RBs to be suspended last year. Less than two weeks later, Kejuan Jones was suspended for a game.

Interesting stuff from Freeby via his brother:
-He didn't really have a problem with OU, but showed up to workouts a few minutes from time to time which aggravated Schmidt.
-Many in the locker room didn't like Bomar because of his attitude. It showed on the field with the time it took for everyone to gel last year.
-Stoops was so mad after the TCU game last year, he told the players to get out of his locker room as quickly as possible.

Oh, and...he's transferred to Abilene Christian. Not surprising since he went to high school at Fort Worth Christian, which, like ACU, is a church of Christ affiliated school.

jeremy885
8/2/2006, 03:23 PM
Anyone think they will relook at the Peterson Lexus purchase-return thingie again?

I swear if we lose Peterson because of this car dealership, I'm coming up to Norman for some mullet scalps.

8/2/2006, 03:25 PM
I don't mean to doubt anyone at this point... but wow... what a amazingly terrible turn of events.

Sorry if I offended. This just sucks beyond sucking.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/2/2006, 03:27 PM
After his underage drinking violation last year I got the feeling that Bomar was a dumbass. Brent Rawls all over again. Bomar's father is a yainch, too. Eh. Good riddance.

Integrity > VictoryOh, so true! Worst part is the losing out on signing other star QB's we might have gotten in the last couple of years.

mdklatt
8/2/2006, 03:31 PM
Anyone think they will relook at the Peterson Lexus purchase-return thingie again?

I swear if we lose Peterson because of this car dealership, I'm coming up to Norman for some mullet scalps.

It's time for Big Red Sports and Imports to rename itself Big Orange Sports and Imports. :mad:

Ike
8/2/2006, 03:34 PM
At this point, I have to say that Im rather proud of Coach Stoops and the University. They made the right call before it was all over the papers, rather than trying to hide the fact and delaying a decision on the matter until public opinion forced their hand.

Am I dissapointed? Sure...I thought Bomar would eventually learn from Stoops how to conduct himself like a champion both on and off the field. Looks like the lessons didn't stick.

NormanPride
8/2/2006, 03:40 PM
Just to be clear. After a year of mostly positive experience, in which I had decided to become the starting quarterback, I won the Holiday Bowl, I had a 113.48 passer rating based on real passes not Leach system over one season and 2018 yards, in the last four months I can see this team is a place I don't want to be or patronize. There are many other teams which I believe have at least equivalent football paying ability without the abusive environment. I am taking my quarterbacking elsewhere.

Rhett Bomar
Quarterback & *********
The University of Oklahoma
Grand Prairie High School

nmsoonergirl
8/2/2006, 03:44 PM
This is very late, because I just found out about Bomar, but I still need to have my meltdown, and don't want to spend anymore time on the football forum.

****,****,****,****

and Damnit!

Thanks for letting me get that out of my system.

ChickSoonerFan
8/2/2006, 04:27 PM
Most users ever online was 1,302, 8/2/2006 at 01:53 PM.

I just wanted to get a post into today.

Sorry...I know this is serious stuff and it sucks big time...but everyone already knows that. Not much more to say that hasn't already been said.

jeremy885
8/2/2006, 04:36 PM
I blame Stanley1 for all of this.

LilSooner
8/2/2006, 04:42 PM
heh

Penguin
8/2/2006, 04:44 PM
It's a sad day, but it needed to be done.

Bomar, don't let the door hit your *** on the way out.

RacerX
8/2/2006, 04:52 PM
Is this the end of the Chuck Long QBs?

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
8/2/2006, 04:54 PM
everyone left on campus is a long QB

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
8/2/2006, 04:54 PM
although at least 1 was offered by leach which should help

RacerX
8/2/2006, 05:01 PM
although at least 1 was offered by leach which should help

Bradford?

RacerX
8/2/2006, 05:02 PM
everyone left on campus is a long QB

Crap. The "even a blind pig" analogy doesn't apply to Chuck.

Geez.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
8/2/2006, 05:04 PM
Bradford?

yep

wall
rawls
noah allen and ena
grady
bomar

bradford and halzle (though really late)

mdklatt
8/2/2006, 05:09 PM
wall
rawls
noah allen
grady

It's the Who's Dat of OU quarterbacks.

BeetDigger
8/2/2006, 05:11 PM
yep

wall
rawls
noah allen and ena
grady
bomar

bradford and halzle (though really late)

Lou Rawls and Woody Allen were recruited to be OU QB's? Who knew?

bri
8/2/2006, 05:17 PM
I can receive illegal overpaid benefits better than Bomar!

OUinFLA
8/2/2006, 05:19 PM
as an aside note, I checked wearesc.com assuming they would be all giggly over our current situation, and I was a bit shocked.
I'd estimate that 90% of them are praising Stoops for doing what he did and holding their bashing to the student athletes and others like them throughout the country.
lots of support our way from them.
Im surprised.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
8/2/2006, 05:31 PM
and just to be an equal opportunity doom and gloomer, kevin wilson just took another hit as well. his hit rate has to be below the mendoza line...

bri
8/2/2006, 05:35 PM
as an aside note, I checked wearesc.com assuming they would be all giggly over our current situation, and I was a bit shocked.
I'd estimate that 90% of them are praising Stoops for doing what he did and holding their bashing to the student athletes and others like them throughout the country.
Im surprised.

They're probably just giddy that one of the front-runners just came back to the pack. ;)

StoopTroup
8/2/2006, 05:40 PM
My South Oval is really sore right now.

I'm heading out to Los Cabos in Jenks for some margaritas.

Should the flags be at 1/2 mast?

BeetDigger
8/2/2006, 05:47 PM

Only if you don't want any more sopappillas. :D

Soonerbabeinbama
8/2/2006, 05:48 PM
okay, I guess I'm totally out of the loop - can someone sum up for me in a nutshell WTF happened? I don't have a clue. Word hasn't reached bama yet.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
8/2/2006, 05:48 PM
My South Oval is really sore right now.

I'm heading out to Los Cabos in Jenks for some margaritas.

work release program?

BeetDigger
8/2/2006, 05:51 PM
okay, I guess I'm totally out of the loop - can someone sum up for me in a nutshell WTF happened? I don't have a clue. Word hasn't reached bama yet.

Ok, Stanley had another meltdown and was banned for a month. Oh, you weren't talking about that. Oh then,

Bomar reported $18,000 on his income taxes yet his job was for only 5 hours per week.

The University found out about it and kicked him off of the team.

Since then, there has been a meltdown on the football board.

There, consider yourself up to speed. :D

Soonerbabeinbama
8/2/2006, 05:55 PM
Ok, Stanley had another meltdown and was banned for a month. Oh, you weren't talking about that. Oh then,

Bomar reported $18,000 on his income taxes yet his job was for only 5 hours per week.

The University found out about it and kicked him off of the team.

Since then, there has been a meltdown on the football board.

There, consider yourself up to speed. :D
wow - that job paid good!!!! Wonder if they've filled his job position yet. :cool:

mdklatt
8/2/2006, 05:57 PM
wow - that job paid good!!!! Wonder if they've filled his job position yet. :cool:

Now that he's off the team he'll probably be working there full-time. Sorry.

BeetDigger
8/2/2006, 06:10 PM

I also should have said that the board got really slow as about four gazillion people came on to discuss it. Norm even put us on hold for a while so he could get some bandwidth and order restored. I think he also did it just because he can since he likes to go on power trips once in a while. Oh yeah, it was quite a scene.

BeetDigger
8/2/2006, 06:12 PM
Now that he's off the team he'll probably be working there full-time. Sorry.

I bet he is busily working to transfer to Montana St. He's also probably entered the witness protection program.

royalfan5
8/2/2006, 06:15 PM
I bet he is busily working to transfer to Montana St. He's also probably entered the witness protection program.
You think they'll change his name to Brett Romar? (Sorry, I couldn't resist)

Penguin
8/2/2006, 06:36 PM
Well, at least he didn't fall out of a truck.

RacerX
8/2/2006, 06:44 PM
or steal weed

Rusher
8/2/2006, 06:48 PM
It sucks that this happens, but it came under no surprise to me. For all the antics he put up in the past, this kinda scandal is inevitable sooner or later.

Now the question is, will JW be back to play for us? Sucks.

Dio
8/2/2006, 07:07 PM
Just to be clear. After a year of mostly positive experience, in which I had decided to become the starting quarterback, I won the Holiday Bowl, I had a 113.48 passer rating based on real passes not Leach system over one season and 2018 yards, in the last four months I can see this team is a place I don't want to be or patronize. There are many other teams which I believe have at least equivalent football paying ability without the abusive environment. I am taking my quarterbacking elsewhere.

Rhett Bomar
Quarterback & *********
The University of Oklahoma
Grand Prairie High School

No, no, no. You're supposed to invoke Helander when somebody has a meltdown, not when they cause a meltdown. Mmmmmkay? ;)

And YMSSRA....

Scott D
8/2/2006, 07:14 PM
Im surprised.

that's because usc has to deal with the possibility of a potential steroids scandal. and yes I know it's one player, however with ties to Bonds via the father, the NCAA could decide to poke around.

Report: USC Defensive Back Tested Positive for Steroid Use

Aug 2, 6:51 PM (ET)

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Southern California defensive back Brandon Ting, whose father reportedly testified in the Barry Bonds case, tested positive for steroids before his surprise decision to leave the team last week, the Los Angeles Times said Wednesday.

The newspaper, citing unidentified sources, said Trojans coach Pete Carroll declined to comment about the allegation.

A message left for Carroll by The Associated Press on Wednesday was not immediately returned. Tim Tessalone, USC's sports information director, declined to comment on the report.

No telephone listing for Ting was found in Los Angeles and he did not immediately respond to an e-mail seeking comment.

NCAA rules bar athletes who test positive for banned drugs from playing.

Ting's father, Arthur Ting, is an orthopedic surgeon in the San Francisco area who has operated on several professional athletes, including Bonds. The San Francisco Chronicle reported last month that Ting testified in the perjury investigation of Bonds - who had denied knowingly taking steroids - and turned over his medical records on the player.

A call left at Ting's office was not immediately returned.

Brandon and his identical twin, Ryan, are seniors who played mainly as backups and on special teams with the Trojans last season. On Friday, less than a week before the reporting date for training camp, the school said the brothers had decided to give up football to concentrate on a post-baccalaureate program to prepare for medical school.

"We realized it was in our best interests to end our playing careers. We realized we couldn't balance both if we want to be serious about med school," Ryan Ting said in the statement.

NormanPride
8/2/2006, 08:52 PM
No, no, no. You're supposed to invoke Helander when somebody has a meltdown, not when they cause a meltdown. Mmmmmkay? ;)

And YMSSRA....

I bet he's melting down about now. ;)

If not just because of all the hell he's gonna catch. :mad:

The_Red_Patriot
8/5/2010, 02:19 PM
Ahh...the memories.

http://www.texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=567066&page=1&forum_id=5

I wonder what would have become of Bomar if he hadn't messed up.