PDA

View Full Version : Prayers Needed for Arkansas.....

AllAboutThe'O'
8/2/2006, 02:06 AM
On Monday night, Paul Eells, the sports director of KATV Channel 7 in Little Rock and the longtime play-by-play voice of the Arkansas Razorbacks, passed away in a car accident near Russellville. I apologize for not posting this sooner, as I have been on vacation and couldn't get access to a computer. But when I heard the terrible news last night, I felt like I lost an immediate member of my family.
This really hits close to home for me because I grew up in Arkansas and followed the Razorbacks, so naturally I got hooked to the vocal stylings of Paul Eells. I had the privilege of meeting this fine gentleman on several occasions, and he couldn't have been a more gracious person. He treated a small-time newspaper writer or radio person as if they were the most important people on the planet. The industry could use a few more people like Paul Eells.
I know many Oklahomans remember where they were the sad night that Bill Teegins (as well as the other members of the OSU basketball family) died in the tragic plane crash five years ago. Even though I haven't been in Arkansas until late tonight, I know for sure that the entire state has been in mourning all day. This also hits close to home for Sooners because Eells' football broadcast partner is Keith Jackson, the legendary tight end. I know whomever replaces Eells will have giant shoes to fill, but it won't be the same without hearing the legendary Paul Eells.
Prayers go out to the Eells family and the family of the other driver involved in the accident.
Tributes (including video clips) to Eells can be found at the following address:

www.katv.com.

Thanks Paul for the memories.

OUfan7
8/2/2006, 07:09 AM
I remember when he left Nashville but I did'nt know where he ended up. I have'nt heard his name in, I guess, 28 years. Man, I hate to here the bad news. Condolences to his family and Keith Jackson, they lost a good one.

OUDoc
8/2/2006, 08:02 AM
Sorry to hear that.

Boomer.....
8/2/2006, 08:49 AM
Very sad. He was a very likable guy.