PDA

View Full Version : Finally, my cell phone contract is almost up

MamaMia
8/1/2006, 09:08 PM
I have been paying quite a bit but thats all about to change. I also get a new phone for less than half the retail with a mail in rebate. :P

I will have free nights and weekends
450 minutes at other time minutes
National calling but zero long distance
I don't do any of that text messaging.

Now...what are the hidden charges I should look out for, and what does mobile to mobile mean?

BeetDigger
8/1/2006, 09:12 PM
I don't do any of that text messaging.

There goes your chance to talk to VK's boss.

whatsername
8/1/2006, 09:30 PM
and what does mobile to mobile mean?
Free calls to other cellphones using the same company as you. Pretty much my whole family uses Cingular, so we can call each other any time for free.

StoopTroup
8/1/2006, 09:36 PM
Cricket can get you a pretty good deal.

http://www.csh.rit.edu/~topher/jokes/hands%20free%20cell%20phone.jpg

picasso
8/1/2006, 11:24 PM
Cricket can get you a pretty good deal.

http://www.csh.rit.edu/~topher/jokes/hands%20free%20cell%20phone.jpg
can ya hear me now?

mine is about up too. time for an upgrade on that flippin phone.

noleamite
8/2/2006, 12:02 AM
Congrats!! on breaking free of contract hell! I am a free agent in a few more months.

MamaMia
8/2/2006, 07:54 AM
Free calls to other cellphones using the same company as you. Pretty much my whole family uses Cingular, so we can call each other any time for free.
Thank you whatsername. speks for being very helpful. :)

Well, y'all were no help as far as telling me all the hidden charges to look out for but little Timmy, the cookie hunter from next door, said to "make sure they don't charge you way extra when someone else calls your phone at the wrong time." He said that happened to his grandma one time, and it was really bad. :eek:

I don't exactly know what that means but it doesn't sound good, so I suppose I'll quote him word for word when I get to Cellular One today.

Okieflyer
8/2/2006, 08:08 AM
Yeah, mine was up also. I broke my other phone and had to upgrade. I don't think you can get just a plain Jane (Joe, for the PC crowd) Phone. They seem to all have cameras in them.:cool:

But that's OK, I've been irritating people by taking their picture.:D

Sometime I might post NewBomb's pic....

...just kidding Turk! ;)

MamaMia
8/2/2006, 08:28 AM
Yeah, mine was up also. I broke my other phone and had to upgrade. I don't think you can get just a plain Jane (Joe, for the PC crowd) Phone. They seem to all have cameras in them.:cool:

But that's OK, I've been irritating people by taking their picture.:D

Sometime I might post NewBomb's pic....

...just kidding Turk! ;)Actually, I think having the little camera phone may be nice. I keep having to replace the disposable camera in my glove box. I always make sure I have one handy in case I get in a fender bender. It melts. I know it does because I grab it sometimes to take a picture and have discovered that after just a short time, it fails to work. This mainly happens in the summertime.

Having a camera phone would also be nice if you witness a crime. You can take a photo of the assailant as he tries to make his getaway. :eek:

OUDoc
8/2/2006, 08:31 AM
Well, for starters, don't expect the mail-in rebate to arrive in your lifetime. Will it to the kids.

TopDaugIn2000
8/2/2006, 08:32 AM
I have a very similar plan with Cingular. 450 anytime mins with rollover (I'm up to about 1500 minutes in the "bank"), 5000 night and weekend minutes (WAY more than I'd ever use), Unlimited mobile to mobile (I can talk to other cingular customers for as long as I want - my mom for example), and I have no roaming charges (I can call to anywhere from anywhere in the US for free)

The plan is 39.99 and by the time they add their taxes and fees and such it's about $46.

and I get a free phone (after rebate) every 2 years. I've been with them going on 8 years now.

Okieflyer
8/2/2006, 08:41 AM
Having a camera phone would also be nice if you witness a crime. You can take a photo of the assailant as he tries to make his getaway. :eek:

http://www.sev.org/members/bmazur/images/bgrad-chris.jpg

Especially if it's a crime committed on you. :D

whatsername
8/2/2006, 11:25 PM
Thank you whatsername. speks for being very helpful. :)

You're welcome. Glad I could help!

Did you find anything out about hidden charges? I have never had any problems with hidden charges, but I don't get a ton of calls either.