PDA

View Full Version : Hole-in-one ****** *******s

OU4LIFE
8/1/2006, 03:07 PM
I have a feeling that this is going to be a short thread.

On a side note, I'm sure Norm is very happy today. Considering I didn't have another hole-in-one this weekend.

Mjcpr
8/1/2006, 03:08 PM
I made a hole in one at Jimmy Austin in June. It was actually a long chip-in but it only took one shot.

BeetDigger
8/1/2006, 03:16 PM
The title of this thread is kind of misleading.

JohnnyMack
8/1/2006, 03:17 PM
I had two hole-in-ones over the weekend.

OUinFLA
8/1/2006, 03:20 PM
If you get it past the windmill blade and into the center drain..........
EVERYONE makes a hole in one.

C&CDean
8/1/2006, 03:25 PM
I've seen 2 holes-in-one. One was #2 at Westwood in our league tournament (dude topped a 9-iron and rolled it all the way to the hole and in).

The other was much more interesting. It was probably 25 years ago at Randolph North in Tucson (back when they had the Tucson Open there) and they had this par-3 closest-to-the-pin contest that people could enter at their local course.

They'd qualify at their local course, then the 5 finalists would tee it up on a 157 yard par 3. The top 2 closest-to-the-pin guys advanced to the final. There were probably 5,000 people lining the fairway of a 206 yard hold. They had one of those roll-out wire and picket fences all the way down the left side to keep the crowd back. The winner got like $5,000, and if anybody aced it, they got a new Cadillac.

Anyhow, dude #1 hits a shot that was pin-high and maybe 25-feet or so from the hole. Dude #2 is obviously nervous as a whore in church - he's all jittery, and had to step back a couple times. Anyhow, he duck hooks his shot, it hits the wooden/wire fence as people are ducking outta the way, it bounces up, rolls through a trap, and goes straight into the hole. Dead center.

Everybody is going crazy, and the dude is laying on the ground crying. The next day, the Cadillac dealer wasn't going to give him the car. After getting out the rule books, and a whole bunch of negative press, they finally gave dude his new Cadillac. It was pretty cool.

IB4OU2
8/1/2006, 03:29 PM
I had a hole in one of my knickers. :O

LSUMeathead
8/1/2006, 03:40 PM
The next day, the Cadillac dealer wasn't going to give him the car. After getting out the rule books, and a whole bunch of negative press, they finally gave dude his new Cadillac. It was pretty cool.

The same thing happened to a guy at a United Way (or some similar charity) tournament last year. They had a million dollar prize for a hole in one. One guy lived on the course & played the par 3 behind his house so much that he figured he would give it a shot. He drilled the hole in one & was ready to claim his million bucks. Only problem is that the event coordinators didn't buy the insurance for the game & they refused to pay. They said that even though he had witnesses, he would have to hit the hole in one again & this time it had to be videotaped.

Guy was in a no win situation. On one hand, you lose out on a million dollars. On the other, you are a tool for suing a charity for a million dollars.

I have no clue if they resolved the issue.

PrideTrombone
8/1/2006, 03:41 PM
I hit one at JR's (par 3 course on SW 149th and I-44) in May of 2004. Awesome feeling. I spent the rest of the round giggling to myself.

Mjcpr
8/1/2006, 03:42 PM
The same thing happened to a guy at a United Way (or some similar charity) tournament last year. They had a million dollar prize for a hole in one. One guy lived on the course & played the par 3 behind his house so much that he figured he would give it a shot. He drilled the hole in one & was ready to claim his million bucks. Only problem is that the event coordinators didn't buy the insurance for the game & they refused to pay. They said that even though he had witnesses, he would have to hit the hole in one again & this time it had to be videotaped.

Guy was in a no win situation. On one hand, you lose out on a million dollars. On the other, you are a tool for suing a charity for a million dollars.

I'd rather be a tool with a million dollars.

Sooner_Bob
8/1/2006, 03:44 PM
I had a couple of ones in holes . . .

critical_phil
8/1/2006, 03:45 PM
I'd rather be a tool with a million dollars.

now all you need is a million dollars...

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
8/1/2006, 03:46 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=456243

Sooner_Bob

Wouldn't that be some form of false advertisement?

Mjcpr
now all you need is a million dollars...

Guffaw!!

1stTimeCaller
8/1/2006, 03:47 PM
My uncle was in the underwriting business for years and he said that most of those insurance policies state in there that the hole in one must have been seen by a uniformed police officer or something like that.

Sooner_Bob
8/1/2006, 03:48 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=456243

Whoa . . . that's cool.

achiro
8/1/2006, 03:48 PM
On the other, you are a tool for suing a charity for a million dollars.
**** the children!:texan:

Sooner_Bob
8/1/2006, 03:49 PM
My uncle was in the underwriting business for years and he said that most of those insurance policies state in there that the hole in one must have been seen by a uniformed police officer or something like that.

What?

That's ridiculous . . . not trusting people and stuff. ;)

IB4OU2
8/1/2006, 03:51 PM
Iv'e got an eye doctor friend that made two in one round out at the country club year before last. He won the CT wildcard last week. 4life knows him.

BajaOklahoma
8/1/2006, 05:30 PM
My mother took golf lessons at Lake Hefner several years ago. During the third class, she got a hole in one. Never went back.

BeetDigger
8/1/2006, 05:53 PM
Iv'e got an eye doctor friend that made two in one round out at the country club year before last. He won the CT wildcard last week. 4life knows him.

An eye doctor? I just can't see that.

LSUMeathead
8/2/2006, 08:44 AM
A buddy of mine is a scratch golfer. Probably plays 5-7 rounds a week. He has never shot a hole in one. His wife, who plays from time to time, but is not the best golfer, has a hole in one she hit while playing with my buddy.

She teases him all the time about it & it bothers the hell out of him.

OUDoc
8/2/2006, 08:51 AM
Not paying up on a hole-in-one contest is justified grounds for going postal.