PDA

View Full Version : Maybe next time he'll move

OUDoc
8/1/2006, 12:24 PM
BRADENTON -- When a stranger leaned against his car, and then refused to move, a motorist became so angry he ran into the man's legs outside a Bradenton laundry Saturday, authorities said.

The victim suffered multiple leg fractures as a result of the incident that happened around 7:15 p.m. Saturday at the Coin Laundry at 5803 15th St. E. in East Bradenton, according to a Manatee County sheriff's report.

The incident began when the driver backed his vehicle into a parking space next to the laundry. The victim, 24-year-old Jose Garcia of Oneco, reportedly leaned on the truck, and didn't move when the driver yelled at him, the report said.

The driver revved his engine and backed up a bit, but the victim still refused to move. Then, according to the report, the driver pulled forward several feet before backing up rapidly.

The vehicle jumped the curb, crushing both of the victim's legs. It continued reversing until it rammed into the wall of the laundry.

The victim was pinned against the building; he suffered fractures and cuts to both his legs below the knee and was taken to Manatee Memorial Hospital.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

...gray Chevy Suburban with Texas tag 253CCD...

http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060731/NEWS/607310323

GDC
8/1/2006, 01:04 PM
That'll teach him.

TheHumanAlphabet
8/1/2006, 01:19 PM
Yeah stupid person messes with a guy, guy gets mad, stupid person gets hurt and now I bet guy will see charges...

Hamhock
8/1/2006, 01:20 PM
guy lost his temper and jumped a curb, striking someone with his car.

he should see charges

NormanPride
8/1/2006, 01:48 PM
And idiot should see some as well.

TheHumanAlphabet
8/1/2006, 02:20 PM

Agreed, he provoked the whole thing...'prolly some illegal that the Fla. taxpayers are paying for his big medical bills...

yeah - I'm jaded...

Hamhock
8/1/2006, 02:22 PM

why?

he deserved to have the guy get out of his car and settle it.

putting the car in reverse and running over the guy is chickenpoop.

BigRedJed
8/1/2006, 02:25 PM
I agree. The guy probably deserved some fisticuffs, but attempted vehicular homicide might have been an overreaction.

KABOOKIE
8/1/2006, 02:34 PM
Attempted vehicular manslaughter and crushed legs. Both a-holes got what they deserved.

LSUMeathead
8/1/2006, 02:43 PM
I had this happen to me twice today at lunch (well, not EXACTLY the same). I was making a left turn onto a busy street in Midtown Atlanta. As I am making my left turn (on a green arrow no less), a guy is casually walking across the street in the crosswalk (where he has a don't walk sign). He stops in the street just as I blow by him, nearly missing him, and flips me off. Then, as I am pulling off of the same busy street into my office garage, a guy is standing in the middle of the driveway smoking a cigarette & completely oblivious that I am about to run his *** down.

I drive a Toyota 4Runner 4WD. it is not a small car. When did people get the idea that they could win in a battle of chicken with a 3 ton vehicle?
I applaud the driver in this story for putting the jackass in his place.

yermom
8/1/2006, 02:51 PM
I agree. The guy probably deserved some fisticuffs, but attempted vehicular homicide might have been an overreaction.

yeah, it's not like he was in his way...

still, it evokes a bit of a chuckle

StoopTroup
8/1/2006, 07:39 PM
why?

he deserved to have the guy get out of his car and settle it.

putting the car in reverse and running over the guy is chickenpoop.

I'm thinking Florida is a carry state like Oklahoma.

I think you'd do better to call the police on your cell phone and stay in your car with your handgun locked and loaded until they get there.

olevetonahill
8/1/2006, 07:50 PM
The dude was and is stupid
A beaner was leaning against the back of the truck ?
Why not just go really fast foward and drag his *** in the dirt ? :confused:

StoopTroup
8/1/2006, 07:55 PM
I thought Fidel was having some sort of intestinal surgery not getting his legs set.

sanantoniosooner
8/1/2006, 09:53 PM
I used to have skate boarders try and hang onto my tailgate where I couldn't see them, except for the fingers.

Until I slammed on my brakes.

It was worth the dents.