BudSooner
8/1/2006, 08:43 AM
Whew! I'm not the only one then.

OUDoc
8/1/2006, 09:02 AM
http://www.daviddrugs.com/drugs/drugimg/aricept_canadian_drug_website.jpg

MamaMia
8/1/2006, 09:04 AM
I'm almost speechless. I'm having trouble trying to find the words to say.

OUDoc
8/1/2006, 09:07 AM
What's up?

C&CDean
8/1/2006, 09:15 AM
Gettin' old is a bitch, huh mom?

NormanPride
8/1/2006, 10:00 AM
What's up?

olevetonahill
8/1/2006, 10:03 AM
I'm almost speechless. I'm having trouble trying to find the words to say.
:confused: :confused: :confused:
Just tell us we will either help or just be smartasses :D

OUDoc
8/1/2006, 10:09 AM
Mom? Still okay?

MamaMia
8/1/2006, 10:11 AM
Gettin' old is a bitch, huh mom?Yes it is. I never thought about it until you said that but maybe my older age does play a part in my mood right now. My husband calls it mentalpause. :P

What's up?

[The names have been slightly altered]

As some of you may remember I sold two of our season tickets to be able to afford to help send these three little boys to football camp. Jay is the 10 year old grandson of Brenda, a friend of mine since Jr. High. The other two boys Keshaun and Taquan are little league football teammates of his, both of whom have struggling moms. For 3 years the boys have played on the same team so we thought the kids would have a blast and it would help the team if we sent the 3 stars to football camp. :)

This is the 2nd year that I've also paid the entire fee to enroll these kids in the Sooner Kids Club, along with Brenda's other grandson who is only 5. I planned to take them all to the Meet The Sooners Day event, so I called and left a message at Brenda's as to what time that morning they needed to be dropped off at our hotel.

I got a call back last night from Brenda saying that Keshauns mother, Betty, got all bent out of shape because the little league coach didn't call her to give her the practice information soon enough, so she put her kid on the rival team. I feel sorry for the kid because he loves his original team.

Well, as it turns out Betty isn't returning any of their phone calls about anything, including the Meet the Sooners Day event, so they gave me her number. Even though I have never spoke with the woman, Brenda said I could try to get ahold of her to give her Keshauns Sooner Kids Club membership card and his packet full of goodies, and tell her about the plans for the Meet the Sooners Day. For 2 years, I have taken all these boys to the Meet The Sooners Day, the Red and White game and Joe's Crab Shack after each event and Keshaun has had so much fun.

Right before I was getting ready to call Betty, the phone rang and it was Brenda again. She said..."Oh...you should know that Janice (her husbands daughter and Jays mother) got about a hundred dollars or so kickback from the football camp money." from Keshauns mother. :confused:

I didn't say anything but don't understand that. I was asked to go in thirdsies on Jay and Keshaun with Brenda and another girlfriend, Nedia, who has no children of her own. I agreed to that. I was told that nobody could afford to include Taquan. The camp cost 250.00 each, which is a total of 500.00 for the two boys that we went thirdsies on but they also said the boys would need some incidentals so I gave them 200.00 for Jay and Keshaun. I also gave the boys 20.00 each in spending money, and my husband and I paid all of Traquans.

So whats up with this 100 dollar or so kickback money I'm just now finding out about after 2 months? :confused:

NormanPride
8/1/2006, 10:18 AM
So... you're mad that Janice isn't helping to pay after she got the money? Understandable...

MamaMia
8/1/2006, 11:24 AM
So... you're mad that Janice isn't helping to pay after she got the money? Understandable...Yes. Brenda said herself that the whole idea of scrapping the money together was so that the 3 single struggling moms, which included her daughter, wouldn't have to pay. That included Keshauns mother Betty. Her daughter Janice didn't have any right getting any "kickback." She didn't pay for anything at all. I even took her son shopping for clothes, took the boys to breakfast and drove them to the camp. But its not really the money that bugs me the most about this. Whats hurtful and annoying is that Janice's mother, who is suppose to be my friend knew that Janice got some money out of the deal and never told me or our other friend, Nedia. Keep in mind that neither Nedia nor I have a child involved and were asked to help, so it was straight charity on our parts.

OUDoc
8/1/2006, 11:35 AM
My theory:
Many people today are selfish a-holes. Hopefully it's not a trend that will continue.

That's great that you try to help out those kids that are less fortunate. Despite what the mother did.

C&CDean
8/1/2006, 11:37 AM
Nice guys finish last mom.

I'll feed/shelter/protect those less fortunate. I will not, however, pay for their entertainment/social events/etc. Most of these moms are PWT (or in Keshaun and Tacquan's case probably PBT) and don't appreciate all you're doing to help their kids see a better way than what they've got at the house.

What you're doing is commendable, but you can very much expect to get kicked right square in the teeth on these kinds of deals.

My mom runs the soup kitchen for the Salvation Army and also does prison ministry for them. Has all her life. 7-days a week, and she's in her 70's. She's probably had a dozen or so people in all the years who actually appreciate what she does. Most of them cuss her - unless they're needing something.

I'll tell you like I tell my mom "how about spending your time/money/energy on your own grandkids?" They're not gonna appreciate it now, but later on they will.

MamaMia
8/1/2006, 11:57 AM
I understand what you're saying guys. I just told my husband what happened and he said, "After this weekend, thats it. We're done."

MamaMia
8/1/2006, 12:24 PM
I just called Keshauns mom and I'm happy to say that shes letting us take her son to Meet The Sooners Day. I found out that she was made to pay Janice 150.00 of the 250.00 of the camp cost, at the last minute. :mad:

Next year I'll be helping Keshaun myself, but only Keshaun.

C&CDean
8/1/2006, 02:45 PM
There's no way in hell that Keshaun and Tacquan's mommas are named Janice and Betty. No. Way.

Jimminy Crimson
8/1/2006, 03:05 PM
Also, Joe's Crab Shack is no longer in business and will be replaced by a Saltgrass steakhouse.

YWIA!

C&CDean
8/1/2006, 03:17 PM
sho nuff'

Tailwind
8/1/2006, 03:17 PM
Bummer! It's nice that you want to help those less fortunate than yourself, but you shouldn't be suprised when some of these people aren't the salt of the earth types. That's not the way the world works. You must keep doing what you feel in your heart to be right, and accept the pain of betrayal if and when it happens. Building up treasures in heaven etc.

ou4me
8/1/2006, 03:20 PM
Also, Joe's Crab Shack is no longer in business and will be replaced by a Saltgrass steakhouse.

YWIA!

Sorry, Mom. But this is the best part of this thread. I freakin LOVE that place.

Tanks Jimminy!

MamaMia
8/1/2006, 03:49 PM
You guys are silly. :D

Well, I did the math and this is the bottom line...
My husband and I paid for all of Traquans so thats really a non issue.

We were to go thirdsies on the 500.00 that it cost for Jay and Keshauns camp. I went ahead and gave 200.00 to Brenda. Nedia gave 200.00 to Brenda and Jays mom, who is Brendas daughter, made Keshauns mom pay her 150.00. Thats 550.00 right there. So Jays mom and grandmother not only paid nothing for Jay to go to camp, but they pocketed 50 bucks. :(

TUSooner
8/1/2006, 03:58 PM
To paraphrase Dean: No good deed ever goes unpunished. Some people ae just.......

nowatimean?

NormanPride
8/1/2006, 04:02 PM
You guys are silly. :D

Well, I did the math and this is the bottom line...
My husband and I paid for all of Traquans so thats really a non issue.

We were to go thirdsies on the 500.00 that it cost for Jay and Keshauns camp. I went ahead and gave 200.00 to Brenda. Nedia gave 200.00 to Brenda and Jays mom, who is Brendas daughter, made Keshauns mom pay her 150.00. Thats 550.00 right there. So Jays mom and grandmother not only paid nothing for Jay to go to camp, but they pocketed 50 bucks. :(

You want I should break their frickin' knees?

PhxSooner
8/1/2006, 04:13 PM
As cynical as I can be sometimes, I'm always surprised and disappointed at the entitlement mentality out there today. We have family that have employed the same housekeeper for 20 years. This woman was working in facilities plant in Mexico as a 13-year-old (lied about her age) to help her family. She worked her tail off for years to now have her daughter say that she'd rather live in Mexico than change high schools.:rolleyes: No appreciation of the fact that her mom fought like crazy to become a citizen and give her kids a better life.

MamaMia
8/1/2006, 05:12 PM
As cynical as I can be sometimes, I'm always surprised and disappointed at the entitlement mentality out there today. We have family that have employed the same housekeeper for 20 years. This woman was working in facilities plant in Mexico as a 13-year-old (lied about her age) to help her family. She worked her tail off for years to now have her daughter say that she'd rather live in Mexico than change high schools.:rolleyes: No appreciation of the fact that her mom fought like crazy to become a citizen and give her kids a better life.
Oh dear, whats the world coming to?

Bummer! It's nice that you want to help those less fortunate than yourself, but you shouldn't be suprised when some of these people aren't the salt of the earth types. That's not the way the world works. You must keep doing what you feel in your heart to be right, and accept the pain of betrayal if and when it happens. Building up treasures in heaven etc.
I know, you're right. You are all right. How could I be so clueless? :O

NormanPride
8/1/2006, 05:14 PM
I'm not hearing a no... ;)

MamaMia
8/1/2006, 05:18 PM
You want I should break their frickin' knees?
I'm not hearing a no... ;)No thank you. I have decided to just let it go for now and be polite so the kids will have a nice day together.

Keshaun and Jay haven't seen each other since football camp, since the moms, Betty and Janice had a disagreement.

olevetonahill
8/1/2006, 05:46 PM
No thank you. I have decided to just let it go for now and be polite so the kids will have a nice day together.

Keshaun and Jay haven't seen each other since football camp, since the moms, Betty and Janice had a disagreement.
You need to take a lesson from sicem
Be a jerk to em all from now on ;)

C&CDean
8/1/2006, 05:46 PM
This, people, is what voting Democrat will get you.