PDA

View Full Version : How to sense gameday...

goingoneight
7/31/2006, 11:07 PM
1. The smell of steaks grilling everywhere on campus outside someone's truck or RV.

2. Echoes of BOOOOOOOMERRRRRRR!!! all over Norman/OKC.

3. The discomfort of traffic jams in small, fuel-saving cars (so we can afford tickets :D).

4. The looks of college women that get better and better year in and year out on campus.

5. The taste of victory only four hours away.

6. The distinctive "SSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNEEERRRRRRRRR !!!" heard following No. 2.

7. The look of a local club's beer prices going up faster than gasoline within four hours of kickoff.

I saw this on another thread about a year ago before the OU/Tulsa game (don't ask me which site it was...) Keep adding, it's really cool and reminds you opf the good old times that are soon coming OUr way.

OUstud
7/31/2006, 11:15 PM
1. That horrible yet somewhat satisfying aroma of cigar smoke, hot dogs, port-o-potty sewage, B.O., and popcorn.
2. The excruciating wait for kickoff for night games.
3. Flags flying from every window.
4. If playing a mid major/crappy team, the comedy of seeing like 2 of their fans wandering around the sea of crimson and cream.

goingoneight
7/31/2006, 11:22 PM
O----kay, I was looking for pump-up stuff... but that works too!!! :D

Howsaboot... The aggy kid getting his @$$ whooped for decideing to show up with his OU fan-friends and uttering "O-U-SUCKS!!!" I can't believe they cry about OUr reaction when stupid kids do that...