PDA

View Full Version : I Love It When Jim Ross Drops OU References...

SoonerFan80
7/31/2006, 09:59 PM
...during his call of WWE Monday Night Raw. Like tonight in the main event. Shawn Michaels was getting his butt kicked by Umaga, and J.R. said, "Michaels needs could use a little Sooner Magic to get out of this one."
Gotta love OU fans representing!!!

goingoneight
7/31/2006, 10:02 PM
Never been into soap operas, but nice to hear a lil' love floatin' OUr way!

SoonerFan80
7/31/2006, 10:07 PM
goingoneight...

You should look into the WWE, or what you call a soap opera. It's the highest rated program on Cable television. It's true.

Snrfn4ever08
7/31/2006, 10:12 PM
goingoneight...

You should look into the WWE, or what you call a soap opera. It's the highest rated program on Cable television. It's true.
you're entitled to your opinion, but i for one, will never watch WWE or NASCAR. as for any other sport, you could probably convince me to watch it

BOOMERBRADLEY
7/31/2006, 10:16 PM
you're entitled to your opinion, but i for one, will never watch WWE or NASCAR. as for any other sport, you could probably convince me to watch it

amen brother

goingoneight
7/31/2006, 10:24 PM
Newlyweds, Millionaire, Real World are all former "highest rated on cable" programs which I still am bored to tears with. Could it be that the punch never meets the face?

SoonerFan80
7/31/2006, 10:27 PM
goingoineight...

They may be #1 for their time slot, WWE Raw is #1 overall for the week. Hey, it's true. Check out Nielsen Ratings. I know it probably kills you that a wrestling show gets MEGA ratings. It's great!!!

pb4ou
7/31/2006, 10:32 PM
who cares?

goingoneight
7/31/2006, 10:34 PM
[sarcastic, bad acting]Oh yes, kill me now. Oh Lord, what has the world come to? [sarcastic, bad acting]

badger
7/31/2006, 10:35 PM
STOP SAYING "IT'S TRUE!!!!" STOP SOUNDING LIKE A DIEHARD WRESTLING FAN! STOP IT!!!

sorry, i just got a tad annoyed, that's all. as a gift, here is a rare Jim Ross pic wearing a Q jersey:
http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/33/334648.jpg

goingoneight
7/31/2006, 10:39 PM
Good thing I've got a DVR. Wouldn't wanna see someone get "hurt..." FREEZE-FRAME J.R.!!!

Frozen Sooner
7/31/2006, 10:42 PM
OU Insider now has Jim Ross writing for them.

I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

goingoneight
7/31/2006, 10:48 PM
All I can say is... when I'm unfortunately in the middle of a brawl in the west end, I'm not gonna "hit" the way WWE guys "hit" eachother... if I did, I might actually brush their nose which is just asking for trouble...

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/31/2006, 10:51 PM
Well regardless if you like wrestling or not. We should like somebody that does so much good for our University. Jim Ross has never been in the news for anything that embarrasses the University. Jim Ross at the very least is a huge OU fan just like the most of us. I mean if we go to work and talk about OU...Millions of people don't hear us praising OU is the only difference.

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/31/2006, 10:54 PM
All I can say is... when I'm unfortunately in the hit by a bus in the west end, I'm not gonna "die" the way Brad Pitt does in "Meet Joe Black" ... if I did, I might actually live to do another day which is just asking for trouble...

Now doesn't that sound stupid...We know acting isn't real but we don't boycott movies because Christian Bale isn't really Batman

goingoneight
7/31/2006, 10:56 PM
That actually made me laugh. Which is cool since I've been out of work with a back injury for today.

goingoneight
7/31/2006, 10:58 PM
Well regardless if you like wrestling or not. We should like somebody that does so much good for our University. Jim Ross has never been in the news for anything that embarrasses the University. Jim Ross at the very least is a huge OU fan just like the most of us. I mean if we go to work and talk about OU...Millions of people don't hear us praising OU is the only difference.

Good point and I've noted praise toward him in between the lines above. However folks don't realize that and want to "smack down" or something on me.

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/31/2006, 11:00 PM
The first comment wasn't really directed at you ;) Alot of people act like they are embarressed of him for some reason :P

goingoneight
7/31/2006, 11:08 PM
Hell, no... He could be on Queer Eye for the Straight Guy wearing OU stuff and I wouldn't judge him!

Pricetag
8/1/2006, 11:08 AM
OU Insider now has Jim Ross writing for them.

I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing.
Whether you care for wrestling or not, JR is a sharp guy. He's a huge football fan, and was an Oklahoma high school referee for many years, so he'll have as much to bring to the table as any of the other folks over there.

sooner94
8/1/2006, 11:18 AM
There is not much difference between pro wrestling and "reality" TV. Both are scripted and cheesy. I actually think pro wrestling is a little more entertaining because at least everyone acknowledges that its not real. Survivor and all of the other crap "reality" shows are scripted.

HoserSooner
8/1/2006, 01:32 PM
He made some jab at Matthew McConaughey last week that made me chuckle....don't remember what he said exactly, but it was to the effect of being a pretty boy....