PDA

View Full Version : I love Wal-Mart

ric311
7/31/2006, 06:29 PM
I just bought a bunch of camping gear there. Love the place. Yeah, the clientele generally has about five teeth between them, but I'll overlook that to get really cheap crap when I need it.

Funny story about my trip there yesterday - We're walking in and there's a couple of people outside getting donations for homeless kids or something. I say to the guy "Good luck", to which he replies "I don't need luck, I have the LORD!!" At this point, we're past him and in the store and I say to my wife, "He may have the Lord, but he could really use a dentist".

achiro
7/31/2006, 06:46 PM
I just bought a bunch of camping gear there. Love the place. Yeah, the clientele generally has about five teeth between them, but I'll overlook that to get really cheap crap when I need it.
Let us know how you feel when it rains and you are sitting there on the ground(because your air mattress gives up) in a pool of water(because your tent leaks)hungry(because your can opener broke and your matches wouldn't light)and cold(because your sleeping bag is wet and wouldn't insulate even if it were dry).

BoogercountySooner
7/31/2006, 06:49 PM
And in hell for makin fun of some dude with 5 teeth!:D

Mrs. Norm
7/31/2006, 07:06 PM

Funny story about my trip there yesterday - We're walking in and there's a couple of people outside getting donations for homeless kids or something. I say to the guy "Good luck", to which he replies "I don't need luck, I have the LORD!!" At this point, we're past him and in the store and I say to my wife, "He may have the Lord, but he could really use a dentist".

3 words really come out at me......really cheap crap! First of all, you get what you pay for. Secondly, why would anybody want crap? I guess if that's what you want, you will definitely find it at Wal-Mart.

afs
7/31/2006, 07:09 PM
i hear they make great cakes.

Mrs. Norm
7/31/2006, 07:13 PM
i hear they make great cakes.

Oh yes, they do! Wonderful, iced cakes!! One should definitely go there if you need a cake. Oh, but if you have a party around, let's say 4, tell them that you need it at 8 am the day of. :rolleyes:

pb4ou
7/31/2006, 07:21 PM
I've never had any bad experiences with wal-mart.

:rolleyes:

<Watching out for lightning strikes>

;)

afs
7/31/2006, 07:26 PM
and their selection of Counting Crows music is second to none!

tulsaoilerfan
7/31/2006, 10:16 PM
The Supercenters do have the ultimate potato chip section around, for those that care.:D

nanimonai
8/1/2006, 02:21 AM
You gotta admit, homeless kids are pretty damned funny.

ric311
8/1/2006, 02:37 PM
and their selection of Counting Crows music is second to none!

No wonder everybody hates that place. I manage to stay away from the music section and head right for the cheap camping crap and birthday cakes.

Osce0la
8/1/2006, 02:44 PM
The Supercenters do have the ultimate potato chip section around, for those that care.:D
The one out here doesn't even have the Pringles on the same aisle as the rest of the chips...The Pringles are one aisle over from the chips aisle...

Partial Qualifier
8/1/2006, 03:24 PM

dude where have YOU been? How's that kiddo doing??

http://members.cox.net/reedclymer/ric311.jpg

ric311
8/2/2006, 04:00 PM
That kiddo is now 3.5 years old and doing great. Thanks for asking. She's tall and skinny, like her momma.

She already knows pretty much all she needs to know in life - CU is the greatest school in the world ('cept maybe Princeton cause her pappo went there) - and that the Counting Crows suck more than any band in the history of mankind.

I'm teaching her well.

76soonergrad
8/2/2006, 05:43 PM
...And their back-to-school supplies...Can't beat crayola brands at that price.

I wish I'd bought stock back in the '80s.

BeetDigger
8/2/2006, 05:49 PM
That kiddo is now 3.5 years old and doing great. Thanks for asking. She's tall and skinny, like her momma.

She already knows pretty much all she needs to know in life - CSM is the greatest school in the world ('cept maybe Princeton cause her pappo went there) - and that the Counting Crows suck more than any band in the history of mankind.

I'm teaching her well.

I had to fix your post a bit. :D

mdklatt
8/2/2006, 05:52 PM
3 words really come out at me......really cheap crap! First of all, you get what you pay for. Secondly, why would anybody want crap? I guess if that's what you want, you will definitely find it at Wal-Mart.

I suppose all the name-brand stuff at Wal-Mart is somehow crappier than at other stores? :confused:

soonerboomer93
8/3/2006, 01:19 AM

She already knows pretty much all she needs to know in life - CU is the greatest school in the world ('cept maybe Princeton cause her pappo went there) - and that the Counting Crows suck more than any band in the history of mankind.

I'm teaching her well.

Once she learns to read the newspaper, she'll learn the truth about CU. I think there's some new story about them ****ing up every other day it seems. Or do you censor them? :D

Blue
8/3/2006, 02:23 AM
I suppose all the name-brand stuff at Wal-Mart is somehow crappier than at other stores? :confused:

Heh.