PDA

View Full Version : My Poke Office Buddy And I Are Prancing Around Today...

Viking Kitten
7/31/2006, 02:55 PM
And we received the following e-mail from our boss who is out of town attending a conference:

If you can't get through to me by phone, "text messaging" might be a good alternative. I don’t have an Internet connection, but I can get text messages. Ask "Bob" [our IT manager, not his real name] how to do it.

So of course, we are perplexed and dumbfounded. What is this "text messaging" of which she speaks? You mean those strange and unusual strings of words that sometimes appear on my cell phone? I was under the impression that woodland fairy sprites actually living inside my phone made those appear there.

I have never been able to figure out why the fairies sometimes ask me to "bring home milk" or "meet them by the shoe department," but nevertheless, I feel as though I've personally learned a lot about the miracle of technology today! Hooray!

Sooner_Bob
7/31/2006, 02:59 PM
Bob reporting for duty as requested.

BeetDigger
7/31/2006, 03:00 PM
I have never been able to figure out why the fairies sometimes ask me to "bring home milk" or "meet them by the shoe department," but nevertheless, I feel as though I've personally learned a lot about the miracle of technology today! Hooray!

What about Hummers? Do they ever say anything about Hummers?

NormanPride
7/31/2006, 03:02 PM
And we received the following e-mail from our boss who is out of town attending a conference:

If you can't get through to me by phone, "text messaging" might be a good alternative. I don’t have an Internet connection, but I can get text messages. Ask "Bob" [our IT manager, not his real name] how to do it.

So of course, we are perplexed and dumbfounded. What is this "text messaging" of which she speaks? You mean those strange and unusual strings of words that sometimes appear on my cell phone? I was under the impression that woodland fairy sprites actually living inside my phone made those appear there.

I'm sure he thought your small womanbrain couldn't handle anything above shoe technology. :rolleyes: :mad:

mdklatt
7/31/2006, 03:02 PM
I have no idea how to send a text message.

SoonerInKCMO
7/31/2006, 03:03 PM
Me neither. And I hope I never learn.

IB4OU2
7/31/2006, 03:04 PM

I have never been able to figure out why the fairies sometimes ask me to "bring home milk and coffee filters" or "meet them by the shoe department," but nevertheless, I feel as though I've personally learned a lot about the miracle of technology today! Hooray!

I know this may be wearing thin by now but I could'nt resist.....:O

Viking Kitten
7/31/2006, 03:04 PM
What about Hummers? Do they ever say anything about Hummers?

Yes! The woodland fairies send me "text messages" about those a lot! It seems like they bug me for one on an almost daily basis! I am totally confounded as to why these adorable sprite creatures would need or want any kind of car.

Viking Kitten
7/31/2006, 03:06 PM
I'm sure he thought your small womanbrain couldn't handle anything above shoe technology. :rolleyes: :mad:

My boss is a "she." :O

NormanPride
7/31/2006, 03:07 PM

That's kind of sad, really...

SoonerInKCMO

Figures.

Stoop Dawg

Well, they apparently can't tell the difference between "she" and "he". ;)

Edit: Man, you guys post fast.....

1stTimeCaller
7/31/2006, 03:11 PM
sooooo, was Bob helpful?

BeetDigger
7/31/2006, 03:14 PM
Yes! The woodland fairies send me "text messages" about those a lot! It seems like they bug me for one on an almost daily basis! I am totally confounded as to why these adorable sprite creatures would need or want any kind of car.

My guess is that the woodland fairies need to learn that flowers will do wonders in getting their text message requests granted.

I also guess that the woodland fairy that sends Hummer requests is not the same on that sends "meet me in the shoe department" requests. Just a hunch.

BlondeSoonerGirl
7/31/2006, 03:21 PM
I'm assuming this is you and M?

Text her until she throws her phone in the toilet. Between the two of you do could have this done by the end of the day. But do it in teenage fashion:

R U getng Thz?

Duz thz work?

You know what I'm talking about. I get them from my niece and it takes me pulling out the Rosetta stone to figure out WTF she's saying to me...

:mad: I've been waiting in the shoe salon at Dillard's for half an hour! I'm about to buy another pair - you'd better hurry!!! :mad:

Ike
7/31/2006, 03:26 PM
reply to the email asking if she can get letters through pony express or telegram.

Viking Kitten
7/31/2006, 03:30 PM
I'm assuming this is you and M?

Text her until she throws her phone in the toilet. Between the two of you do could have this done by the end of the day. But do it in teenage fashion:

R U getng Thz?

Duz thz work?

Ho. Lee. Crap. "M" and I are both laughing hysterically right now.

(And it's odd that the woodland creatures didn't send me an angry fairy message about the jammed up Penn Square parking lot this time.)

BlondeSoonerGirl
7/31/2006, 03:32 PM
:les: SOMEONE'S GONNA DIE IN THIS PARKING LOT!!!!

Mjcpr
7/31/2006, 03:33 PM
What is "M" doing now?

Viking Kitten
7/31/2006, 03:33 PM
:les: SOMEONE'S GONNA DIE IN THIS PARKING LOT!!!!
Yes. Like that. Sometimes the fairies make me feel frightened.

Howzit
7/31/2006, 03:34 PM

I'll bet your boss can't drive for ****.

Either.

BlondeSoonerGirl
7/31/2006, 03:34 PM
What is "M" doing now?

She's preparing to kick you in the...forehead?

BeetDigger
7/31/2006, 03:42 PM
What is "M" doing now?

He's doing spy stuff. Don't you watch the James Bond movies?

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
7/31/2006, 03:43 PM
I don't think your text messaging is working.

Mjcpr
7/31/2006, 03:44 PM
I don't think your text messaging is working.

Are you death? She said she didn't have an internet connection.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
7/31/2006, 03:45 PM
Who? VK?

Mjcpr
7/31/2006, 03:47 PM
"M"

Or her boss.

One of those two.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
7/31/2006, 03:48 PM
I am her boss.

Viking Kitten
7/31/2006, 03:56 PM
I thought the Internet was a couple of tin cans and string held by Norm at one end and Beano on the other.

BlondeSoonerGirl
7/31/2006, 03:59 PM
I thought the Internet was a couple of tin cans and string held by Norm at one end and Beano on the other.

'I'm a pickin'...and I'm a grinnin'...'

Fugue
8/1/2006, 08:27 AM

in her defense though, wasn't this the same lady that had to explain to you what an envelope was? :cool:

OU4LIFE
8/1/2006, 08:32 AM
[/B]
Yes. Like that. Sometimes the fairies make me feel frightened.

Squeek, I think you are scaring VK.

stop.

critical_phil
8/1/2006, 09:01 AM
I have no idea how to send a text message.

i've never sent one by phone.

i do send them every once in a while to my wife/daughters. i use the google widget thingy on my homepage.

Viking Kitten
8/1/2006, 09:23 AM
in her defense though, wasn't this the same lady that had to explain to you what an envelope was? :cool:

Yes. One and the same. How on earth did you remember that? :D

Fugue
8/1/2006, 09:26 AM

:texan:

SoonerInKCMO
8/1/2006, 09:33 AM

She had to splain what an envelope is? :confused:

Fugue
8/1/2006, 09:36 AM

heh

:pop:

Viking Kitten
8/1/2006, 09:37 AM

It was more of a 20-minute dissertation on how to go to Office Depot and buy an envelope.

I like my boss, I really do... she just has this tendency to micromanage. And I have a tendency to bitch about it.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
8/1/2006, 09:49 AM
Your old boss never did that.

Viking Kitten
8/1/2006, 09:51 AM
Your old boss never did that.

Yeah... the old boss was too busy posting on the Internet all the time. :D ;)

BeetDigger
8/1/2006, 09:52 AM
.. she just has this tendency to micromanage. And I have a tendency to bitch about it.

It could be worse, think about her husband. I wonder if she feels like she is a micromanager with him? :D

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
8/1/2006, 09:54 AM
Yeah... the old boss was too busy posting on the Internet all the time. :D ;)I learned it from you!

Viking Kitten
8/1/2006, 10:01 AM
It could be worse, think about her husband. I wonder if she feels like she is a micromanager with him? :D

Heh. She recently gave us a lecture about why we should never wear low-cut blouses. This is how the story went:

"My husband and I were leaving a restaurant after having dinner. As we were walking out, a well endowed young woman wearing a revealing white halter top walked in. My husband took a look at the girl and said, 'hey, let's go back inside.'"

The End.

The co-worker and I just kind of gave each other this "WTF?" look.

Men like to look at boobs? Wow. Who knew???

OU4LIFE
8/1/2006, 10:20 AM
I knew

BeetDigger
8/1/2006, 10:21 AM
Heh. She recently gave us a lecture about why we should never wear low-cut blouses. This is how the story went:

"My husband and I were leaving a restaurant after having dinner. As we were walking out, a well endowed young woman wearing a revealing white halter top walked in. My husband took a look at the girl and said, 'hey, let's go back inside.'"

The End.

The co-worker and I just kind of gave each other this "WTF?" look.

Damn, I hope my wife doesn't read this. I also hope that you boss isn't able to have much influence on the dressing habits of other women.

Fugue
8/1/2006, 10:22 AM

The End.

The co-worker and I just kind of gave each other this "come-hither" look.

did you follow her advice?

Howzit
8/1/2006, 10:22 AM
Hi. My name is Howzit, and I'm a boobaholic.

1stTimeCaller
8/1/2006, 10:24 AM
Hi. I'm 1TC. I have an unhealthy obsession with bewbs.

OU4LIFE
8/1/2006, 11:12 AM
I have a very healthy obsession, unlike 1TC.

mdklatt
8/1/2006, 11:17 AM
bewbs = nice but overrated

OU4LIFE
8/1/2006, 11:19 AM
nice bewbs are never overrated.

the words bewbs however, is.

Fugue
8/1/2006, 11:22 AM
bubes

mdklatt
8/1/2006, 11:27 AM
nice bewbs are never overrated.

I don't get the fascination. I have my own nipples.

Maybe guys that obsess over them weren't breastfed enough. Or maybe they were breastfed too much.

1stTimeCaller
8/1/2006, 11:30 AM
I don't get the fascination. I have my own nipples.

Maybe guys that obsess over them weren't breastfed enough. Or maybe they were breastfed too much.

Kid, there's more to a boob than a nipple. Quit dating 8 year olds. ;)

Beef
8/1/2006, 11:31 AM
Hi. My name is Howzit, and I'm a boob.
:mack: :les:

BigRedJed
8/1/2006, 11:33 AM
http://www.8secondchallenge.com/soonerfans/czar_boobies.jpg

mdklatt
8/1/2006, 11:33 AM
Wow, who could have predicted that an office thread would turn into a tittay thread. I am shocked. Shocked!

Beef
8/1/2006, 11:35 AM
Knockers

OU4LIFE
8/1/2006, 12:26 PM
Kid, there's more to a boob than a nipple. Quit dating 8 year olds. ;)

and they're spectacular!

Howzit
8/1/2006, 12:29 PM
bewbs = nice but overrated

I knew it. MDKLATT IS A CHICK!!!!!1

Mjcpr
8/1/2006, 12:39 PM

MDKLATT? More like MDPAT!!!1111 HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Let's start calling him Pat!

OU4LIFE
8/1/2006, 12:44 PM
good idea Squeek.

1stTimeCaller
8/1/2006, 12:44 PM
great idea, Squeek. We'll need CVS or JK to bless it.

mdklatt
8/1/2006, 01:23 PM

Guess that makes me safe from you. :texan:

M
3/10/2008, 02:00 PM
I <3 you, VK!!! :D

crawfish
3/10/2008, 02:34 PM
I <3 b00bs.

Still.

OU4LIFE
3/10/2008, 02:38 PM
I h8 squeek, still.

crawfish
3/10/2008, 03:16 PM
I h8 squeek, still.

Only because she's got tiny b00bs.

GottaHavePride
3/10/2008, 03:39 PM
:les: DOES CZAR KNOE YOU HAS A POKE BUDDY????

M
3/10/2008, 03:43 PM
:les: DOES CZAR KNOE YOU HAS A POKE BUDDY????

I'm VK and Czar's #1 Poke buddy.

Man, that sounds kinda kinky. ;)

TheHumanAlphabet
3/10/2008, 03:51 PM
Uh, nevermind...

crawfish
3/10/2008, 04:28 PM
I'm VK and Czar's #1 Poke buddy.

Man, that sounds kinda kinky. ;)

:hot:

Czar Soonerov
3/10/2008, 07:18 PM
Boobies and poke buddies go together like peas and carrots. :)

Viking Kitten
3/10/2008, 10:08 PM
I had a little PTSD episode just re-reading this thread. Don't worry, Czar is hiding safely under the bed.

GottaHavePride
3/10/2008, 10:11 PM
With Dancing Kitteh?

soonerbrat
3/10/2008, 10:14 PM
i think M is my 2nd favorite poke. my favorite was Travis. he had his tongue pierced.

GottaHavePride
3/10/2008, 10:18 PM
i think M is my 2nd favorite poke. my favorite was Travis. he had his tongue pierced.

I can't decide. Do I make a Stunned Aggie joke here, or do I go straight for "so what does M have pierced?"

Too many options.

NYC Poke
3/10/2008, 10:27 PM
It wasn't me. I swear on J. Edgar Hoover's grave.

Viking Kitten
3/10/2008, 10:32 PM

I think you're putting M at a bit of an unfair disadvantage in that competition.

Viking Kitten
3/10/2008, 10:52 PM
Heh. I just made a funny. This particular boss had this annoying habit of sending us e-mails titled "WYHT(When You Have Time"), the contents of which would be something along the lines of "should we serve French or Italian dressing at the ladies auxiliary luncheon at the semi-annual ex-board of director's conference scheduled for six months from now?"

Only she would send these annoying e-mails at 5 p.m. on an extremely stressful deadline day when M and were editing something the boss should have edited 3 weeks earlier.

So I just PMd M a list of some other old threads I started in which I was griping about that job, and titled it "WYHT."

And she's on deadline tomorrow.

I crack myself up sometimes.

GottaHavePride
3/10/2008, 10:57 PM
You're an evil, evil lady.

M
3/11/2008, 09:11 AM
Heh. I just made a funny. This particular boss had this annoying habit of sending us e-mails titled "WYHT(When You Have Time"), the contents of which would be something along the lines of "should we serve French or Italian dressing at the ladies auxiliary luncheon at the semi-annual ex-board of director's conference scheduled for six months from now?"

Only she would send these annoying e-mails at 5 p.m. on an extremely stressful deadline day when M and were editing something the boss should have edited 3 weeks earlier.

So I just PMd M a list of some other old threads I started in which I was griping about that job, and titled it "WYHT."

And she's on deadline tomorrow.

I crack myself up sometimes.

Actually, we were on that deadline last Thursday. But I **** you not, Thursday afternoon I received this e-mail: "WYHT...be sure to listen to this podcast from a Disneyland VP."

Viking Kitten
3/11/2008, 09:15 AM
My guess at M's response:

"MOTHERF***ER!!!!

Viking Kitten
3/11/2008, 09:17 AM
And I'm guessing she was feeling mighty proud of herself for being able to inform you about these new things called "Podcasts."

OU4LIFE
3/11/2008, 09:20 AM
I prefer the smaller baitcast models...and a one piece 6 and a half foot fiberglass Jimmy Houston special.

M
3/11/2008, 09:20 AM
Maybe I should relay my frustrations to my boss in a "podcast."

M
3/11/2008, 09:25 AM
Oh, in a staff meeting a couple of weeks ago, the Boss mentioned a new Internet phenomenon known as "social networking sites" and how some companies are using them to market their products/ideas.

mdklatt
3/11/2008, 09:41 AM
Oh, in a staff meeting a couple of weeks ago, the Boss mentioned a new Internet phenomenon known as "social networking sites" and how some companies are using them to market their products/ideas.

Oh yeah, I've heard about those. All the college kids are doing that now. MyFace or SpaceBook or something like that.

NormanPride
3/11/2008, 10:11 AM
Don't forget U2'd. That's a big one for videos, I hear.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/11/2008, 10:22 AM
I asked fellow managers if they were checking Myspace and Facebook when making their hiring decisions. About 2/3 of them looked at me like I was speaking Chinese.

M
3/11/2008, 10:30 AM
I asked fellow managers if they were checking Myspace and Facebook when making their hiring decisions. About 2/3 of them looked at me like I was speaking Chinese.

Actually, when we were searching for the new VK, my boss had me look all the finalists up on myspace/facebook. Boss wanted me to e-mail her links to their pages so she could "check them out." One chick's facebook had literally hundreds of pics of her and her friends at sloppy drunken college parties. Beer-bonging, keg-standing, bewb-baring, you-name-it craziness. This chick was hard core.

I reported back to my boss that no, I couldn't find this chick online. ;)

bri
3/11/2008, 10:31 AM
Well, you were looking for the new VK. So, you know, good call.

frankensooner
3/11/2008, 10:35 AM
You could share the link with us though! ;)

NormanPride
3/11/2008, 10:55 AM
Yeah, we're all curious about the professional lives VK and M live. Maybe they'll buy that...

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/11/2008, 11:13 AM
Actually, when we were searching for the new VK, my boss had me look all the finalists up on myspace/facebook. Boss wanted me to e-mail her links to their pages so she could "check them out." One chick's facebook had literally hundreds of pics of her and her friends at sloppy drunken college parties. Beer-bonging, keg-standing, bewb-baring, you-name-it craziness. This chick was hard core.

And thus you hired a dude?

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/11/2008, 11:15 AM

I looked up one of my coworkers on Google. Up came his website from OU with a caption under a picture that read "P***y Galore!" I found it quite comical.

frankensooner
3/11/2008, 11:16 AM
Maybe he was just a big James Bond fan.

M
3/11/2008, 11:16 AM
Another Boss story: This was back when VK worked here. We were discussing posting a link to a podcast called, "How to Open a Podcast." IT guy mentions that the podcast should automatically open if the user is using Windows 2000 or later. Boss is concerned about users with older versions of Windows and that we should write up some step-by-step "how-to" on opening the podcast file. VK and I wanted to say, if you're using an outdated version of Windows, chances are it's pretty ****ing unlikely that you're gonna know or care what a podcast is. :mad:

M
3/11/2008, 11:25 AM
And thus you hired a dude?

Heck yes ;)

Fine print disclaimer: sexual harassment is wrong and completely uncalled for!

SoonerInKCMO
3/11/2008, 02:31 PM
You could share the link with us though! ;)

M, WYHT, we're still waiting on this link. TIA.

Cam
3/23/2008, 10:47 AM

I think you're putting M at a bit of an unfair disadvantage in that competition.

Kinkier and kinkier... :eek:

StoopTroup
3/23/2008, 10:58 AM
Is this thread about licker?