PDA

View Full Version : new development in the hatfield v. hatfield's back saga

Hatfield
7/31/2006, 01:52 PM
apparently i angered the back god and slept wrong saturday....woke up to a loud crack.

now my left arm is numb below the elbow. and my back is killing me.

how am i falling apart at 31???

just got back from the chiro and the back isn't hurting as bad but damned if the arm isn't still numb....

need to get some pain pills...wish the chiro got give me a scrip for some.

Mjcpr
7/31/2006, 01:59 PM

Usually they will for a small fee.

:D

Hamhock
7/31/2006, 02:00 PM
can a chiro prescribe narcotics?

OUDoc
7/31/2006, 02:06 PM
Did you ever get an MRI? You need one.

And, I don't know about the script writing. I think they can.

BajaOklahoma
7/31/2006, 02:45 PM
Listen to OUDoc.
Seriously.

NormanPride
7/31/2006, 02:45 PM
You probably slept too far to the left. ;)

C&CDean
7/31/2006, 03:05 PM
apparently i angered the back god and slept wrong saturday....woke up to a loud crack.

now my left arm is numb below the elbow. and my back is killing me.

how am i falling apart at 31???
just got back from the chiro and the back isn't hurting as bad but damned if the arm isn't still numb....

Diagnosis: An acute case of fagro liberalitis.

Prognosis: A full recovery - assuming you come to your senses/mature normally

85Sooner
7/31/2006, 03:49 PM
Check out revertback .com
I have seen this little jewel perform wonders
I am not THAT kind of doctor though

Hatfield
7/31/2006, 03:58 PM
i need an expert...anyone stayed at a holiday inn express?

and as far as the mri thing goes doc did say that if it wasn't better by wed. mri would be on tap.

achiro
7/31/2006, 04:05 PM
How did all this start exactly? and when? Were you getting better last week with the chiro(how many adjustments have you had so far, not counting today?)

Scott D
7/31/2006, 04:07 PM
dude it's hatfield, he has no hope. ;)

Hatfield
7/31/2006, 04:15 PM
How did all this start exactly? and when? Were you getting better last week with the chiro(how many adjustments have you had so far, not counting today?)

probably about a month ago it started acting up (think after an indoor soccer game)

went to the chiro last monday and it wouldn't pop. (the area to the left of my spine just under my shoulder blade)....he did adjust my neck.

then went back thursday and the area did pop and he did my neck again.

friday was starting to feel better still sore but feeling better.

then saturday slept wrong. and that brings us to today.

now he got the rib back in place with a little pop and it feels a little better...still painful but a little better, and now my hand is still numb...which is a slight improvement from the elbow down.

could be that it is just taking time to relax after being tense for the last 2 days.

SoonerWood
7/31/2006, 05:26 PM
I'm thinking an amputation is in order somewhere.

Newbomb Turk
7/31/2006, 08:51 PM
although my problem is with my lower back, my chiro told me to try to sleep on my back as much as possible. I like to sleep on my stomach, so that was a difficult transition. This can be a problem if you move around a bunch at night.

I also bought a memory foam mattress topper that is great to sleep on.

SoonerInKCMO
7/31/2006, 08:54 PM
I also bought a memory foam mattress topper that is great to sleep on.

I got one of those at Target last week - they kick many levels of ***.

Hatfield
7/31/2006, 09:11 PM
when i sleep on my back my arms fall asleep.

although with the tingly hand...it is like there is a new girl in town....;)

Okla-homey
7/31/2006, 10:31 PM
and now my hand is still numb...which is a slight improvement from the elbow down.

D00d,
I'm no doc and I don't play one on TV, but the neuro involvement is scary. Get thee to a physician post haste for definitive tests.

Okla-homey
8/1/2006, 07:04 AM
when i sleep on my back my arms fall asleep.

although with the tingly hand...it is like there is a new girl in town....;)

You need to have your c spine examined by a physician foolio. If you don't its on you.:mad:

achiro
8/1/2006, 07:32 AM
Did the chiro do x-rays?

BoogercountySooner
8/1/2006, 07:32 AM
I hurt my back last year and had alot of the same symptoms you speak of. My back hurt and I had alot of nerve pain down my left arm. I had an MRI done and they found a bulging disc. The surgeon of course said I would not get better unless I had surgery. I have a sister who had similar surgery 2 years ago and she hasn't made it back to work yet. So Booger said screw surgery and I elected option B. I went to a pain doctor and she gave me a shot of cortozone into the affected area. I had major relief after a couple of days. I fortunately have not had to get another shot. I have had a few twinges but they have gone away after a day or two.

Remember Surgeons get paid to do Surgery. If your problem requires more serious attention remember this Hatfield!

Booger Out!

BajaOklahoma
8/1/2006, 07:50 AM
Hatfield, take away the pillow when you sleep on your back.
After the MRI, look at PT as a possibility. My rotator cuff issues turned out to be a result of cervical disc degeneration. The PT working on my shoulder, also gave me a few things to try for my neck. It helps. I am trying to avoid surgery on the discs.

achiro
8/1/2006, 08:02 AM
Hatfield, take away the pillow when you sleep on your back.
After the MRI, look at PT as a possibility. My rotator cuff issues turned out to be a result of cervical disc degeneration. The PT working on my shoulder, also gave me a few things to try for my neck. It helps. I am trying to avoid surgery on the discs.
Wow, this thread really is an eye opener. What the heck does as PT do to help restore disc integrity? Several studies have shown that chiro care can prevent the degenerative process but I've never seen anything from the pt's,

and Homey, Chiropractors are all about the nervous system, that is what we do.

BoogercountySooner
8/1/2006, 08:07 AM
Don't Chiro's deal with alignment and endorphans?

Hatfield
8/1/2006, 08:46 AM
yeah he took some x-rays and my neck was just a little out of whack. nothing severe.

and yesterday he said if it wasn't better when i see him wed. he is going to do the mri bu he was optomistic that i would be better by tomorrow.

i am thinking about just going to an ortho guy i know (he did both my achilles tendons) so i can at least get some pain pills.

47straight
8/2/2006, 01:15 AM
Wow, this thread really is an eye opener. What the heck does as PT do to help restore disc integrity? Several studies have shown that chiro care can prevent the degenerative process but I've never seen anything from the pt's,

Several friends with disc problems were able to avoid surgery with PT, one out of necessity b/c she was pregnant and could not have it done. AFAIK, nothing really restores disc integrity, it's just whether everything around it can compensate for it.

BajaOklahoma
8/2/2006, 04:00 AM

I should have been clearer. Sorry. PT is not curing it, they helped control the discomfort from for me. There are a couple of things they have me do when my shoulder starts acting up - it creates some more space (I think), temporarily, but it controls the pain. Heat and ice are wonderful. And correct posture is critical.
The injections only last 24 hours, so were not worth the discomfort for me. I wanted them to work.
Some patients get "stretched" at PT, seems to work for them too.
And PT required a doctor's order.

Some day I will probably have to have surgery, I am just trying to put it off as long a s possible.