PDA

View Full Version : Excel Question

mdklatt
7/31/2006, 01:49 PM
I swear I've done this before, but I don't remember how. I've got a worksheet with a bunch of columns but only a few rows. I'd like to print it all on the the same page, with the columns on the right below the columns on the left, not on a new page. Isn't there a way to do that?

A1 B1 ... M1
A2 B2 ... M2
A3 B3 ... M3

N1 O1 ... W1
N2 O2 ... W2
N3 O3 ... W3

yermom
7/31/2006, 01:51 PM
i think if you do a print preview you can move the page breaks around...

mdklatt
7/31/2006, 01:53 PM
i think if you do a print preview you can move the page breaks around...

Yeah, but how do you get two pages to print on the same page?

yermom
7/31/2006, 01:57 PM
i'd have more for you if i actually had Excel in front of me...

BeetDigger
7/31/2006, 02:17 PM
I am not sure how to leave the page the way it is and accomplish this. However, you can move the columns so that they stack the way that you want them to stack. Other than that, I got nuthin.

mdklatt
7/31/2006, 02:19 PM
I am not sure how to leave the page the way it is and accomplish this. However, you can move the columns so that they stack the way that you want them to stack.

:les: Then my table is no longer normalized!

Widescreen
7/31/2006, 02:19 PM
Microsoft recently came out with this cool concept they call "Cut" and "Paste". It allows you to move stuff to where you want it. YWIA.

;)

mdklatt
7/31/2006, 02:22 PM
Eh. Fit to page works well enough. Only the last couple of columns didn't fit on a single page. This is probably only the second time I've come across "you can't do that in Excel".

BeetDigger
7/31/2006, 02:23 PM
:les: Then my table is no longer normalized!

Ok, I have yet another work around until you either find the feature you are looking for or Microsoft creates it (good luck with that).

Use the table as is, but create a page behind it for your print page. Link the cells to the first page so that the data is always common. Ok, it's not as elegant as finding a special print feature, but it does

:les: Maintain the data table normalized!

SoonerInKCMO
7/31/2006, 02:45 PM
Assuming your print preview currently shows 2 pages...

Go to Print Preview. Click on Page Break Preview. Pull the bottom page break down far enough so that there is a space on page 1 that's big enough to fit all the stuff from page 2 underneath the page 1 data. Use the mouse to highlight all the data on page 2. Move the mouse pointer to over the corner of the highlighted text so the 'move' pointer appears. Click and drag the highlighted stuff from page 2 onto page 1. Voila - everything is on page 1.

SoonerInKCMO
7/31/2006, 02:47 PM
Oops. That actually moves everything on the spreadsheet itself too. You probably don't want that.