PDA

View Full Version : Your Way-Too-Early National Title Game Prediction?

Octavian
7/31/2006, 12:53 PM
Who ya got in Glendale on January 8th?

:pop:

soonersam
7/31/2006, 12:56 PM
I have Oklahoma playing West V..... Start making your travel plans now...

Jason White's Third Knee
7/31/2006, 01:00 PM
I'd like to see OU play tOSU. We never play big 10 teams.

TheGodfather889
7/31/2006, 01:11 PM
I think we have too many question marks so I'll go with Ohio State over West Virginia.

Flagstaffsooner
7/31/2006, 01:12 PM
OU vs notre damn. Vengence is Ours saeth Stoops.

soonerinabilene
7/31/2006, 01:28 PM
BCS #1 vs BCS #2

soonervegas
7/31/2006, 01:30 PM
Auburn (12-0) vs. Ohio State (11-1)

Ohio State - National Champions

soonersam
7/31/2006, 01:31 PM
BCS #1 vs BCS #2

your quite the prophet.. can you tell me if my wife is cheating on me??

RedstickSooner
7/31/2006, 01:33 PM
Just for fun: West Virginia vs. Utah, and tickets can be had in the Fiesta Bowl parking lot for $10.

Lowest-rated BCS title game ever, and one of the lower rated bowl games of the season.

RedstickSooner
7/31/2006, 01:33 PM
your quite the prophet.. can you tell me if my wife is cheating on me??

She is if she's sleeping with another man :D

soonersam
7/31/2006, 01:47 PM
She is if she's sleeping with another man :D
I knew it!! ever since she got her prosthetic leg and hare lip surgey, the guys have been taking notice!!

caphorns
7/31/2006, 01:56 PM
I knew it!! ever since she got her prosthetic leg and hare lip surgey, the guys have been taking notice!!

that's quite a vetenarian you have there

Flagstaffsooner
7/31/2006, 01:58 PM
Just for fun: West Virginia vs. Utah, and tickets can be had in the Fiesta Bowl parking lot for $10.

Lowest-rated BCS title game ever, and one of the lower rated bowl games of the season.Dont be so sure the Ute fans flooded Arizona for the Insight bowl a couple of years ago.

MikeInNorman
7/31/2006, 02:49 PM
Sooners vs. Ditka.

RedstickSooner
7/31/2006, 02:51 PM
Dont be so sure the Ute fans flooded Arizona for the Insight bowl a couple of years ago.

Huh. Didn't know that. Maybe... Illinois, then?

soonersam
7/31/2006, 02:55 PM
that's quite a vetenarian you have there

harelip (hare·lip) (hārīlip) or cleft lip

soonerlaw
7/31/2006, 03:11 PM
Anyone but UT or USC...

Octavian
7/31/2006, 03:11 PM
Lots of love for Ohio St. and WV so far...

Their schedules:

Ohio St.

Northern Illinois
@ Texas
Cincinnati
Penn State
@ Iowa
Bowling Green
@ Michigan State
Indiana
Minnesota
@ Illinois
@ Northwestern
Michigan

West Virginia

Eastern Washington
Maryland
@ East Carolina
@ Mississippi State
Syracuse
@ Connecticut (Fri.)
@ Louisville (Thur.)
Cincinatti
@ Pittsburgh (Thur.)
South Florida
Rutgers

goingoneight
7/31/2006, 03:18 PM
:naive aggy: coche pickins sed well beat uo for the titel bobby reid is teh next vinse yung :naive aggy:

O-ok... you meant seriously?

I'm afraid I'll have to get back witcha around October. I can analyze OUr team and tell ya who will or will not beat us by then, I'll bet. I still say if we survive Autzen, we're in the clear without VY around. Especially considering we beat Hook 'em even when VY was there...

Octavian
7/31/2006, 03:20 PM
I'm afraid I'll have to get back witcha around October. I can analyze OUr team and tell ya who will or will not beat us by then, I'll bet. I still say if we survive Autzen, we're in the clear without VY around. Especially considering we beat Hook 'em even when VY was there...

That's why it's the "way-too-early" NC prediction thread.

goingoneight
7/31/2006, 03:45 PM
one could say that's still way too early...

Soonermagik
7/31/2006, 03:56 PM
Didn't Ohio State lose 7 or 8 defensive starters??? If defense wins championships I say OU v LSU. Not just because I'm a homer, but the OU's defense is so talented. However, if Bomar or AD goes down scratch OU getting to the title game.

CORNholio
7/31/2006, 04:06 PM
I am going with OU v. LSU rematch. I think those drunk cajuns generally dislike okies and OU would have a chance to inflict some revenge for the loss they suffered couple years back. Thats quality entertainment.

The Consumate Showman
7/31/2006, 04:07 PM
OU vs. either LSU or WVU...

to me it depends on if Lester can get by FLa in the SEC champ game. if not...we go demolish WVU witht their weak azzzz conf schedule......

CU Sooner
7/31/2006, 04:42 PM
OU vs Louisvile. The cards will beat WV and go undefeated. OU wins 34-13 and the state of Oklahoma gets free Papa Johns pizza on January 9th.

The Maestro
7/31/2006, 05:07 PM
I think OU's biggest road block is at aTm. Just review road trips to aTm in 2000, 2002 and 2004 for your evidence. They should be pretty good and I think McGee is a much better QB than McNeal. Heck, I'd love to say at OSU is an easy win, too, but--once again, review 2000, 2002 and 2004. Stoops next easy win at aTm or OSU will be his first.

Oregon will be a battle...those fans will be going crazy for revenge from the Holiday Bowl, but they do start two new people at cornerback. That makes me happy with our receivers and how Rhett performed against them last year. I totally agree with the "Texas without Vince" theory. They have a lot to prove that he wasn't a one man nightmare for opposing defenses due to his ad lib ability. Not to mention we made some serious bonehead plays against the horns last year--missed wrap up tackle on Charles, the TD right before halftime and the fumble return--that's basically half of their points on plays that shouldn't, but did, happen.

As for opponents if we get there, I favor Louisville over WVU in the "team with a fairly weak schedule" category. The game is at Louisville. I believe Ohio State falls at Iowa or Michigan State...just seems like that will be the case with their young defense.

I think it will be OU vs. Auburn. The Tigers have 8 homes games and their only two tough roadies are at South Carolina and at Bama. LSU plays roadies at Auburn, Florida, Tennessee and Arkansas.

Octavian
7/31/2006, 09:26 PM
I am going with OU v. LSU rematch. I think those drunk cajuns generally dislike okies and OU would have a chance to inflict some revenge for the loss they suffered couple years back. Thats quality entertainment.

a Bob Stoops-Les Miles NCG would be a must win.

swardboy
7/31/2006, 09:38 PM
a Bob Stoops-Les Miles NCG would be a must win.

Let 'er ripppp!:les:

soonersam
7/31/2006, 09:48 PM
Les would have to give his "Win one for the Ripper" speach..

goingoneight
7/31/2006, 09:51 PM
spee-yatch!

SoonerJedi
7/31/2006, 10:00 PM
OU vs notre damn. Vengence is Ours saeth Stoops.

Don't think it will happen, but would lay down big money to see that game this year.

goingoneight
7/31/2006, 10:52 PM
C'mon, if we go undefeated we'll make it. All they need is... 9-3 or better, right?

Octavian
7/31/2006, 10:54 PM
No one thinks SUC will run the Pac10 table (and beat Notre Dame) again?

goingoneight
7/31/2006, 11:15 PM
Not when they barely beat Notre Dame with the fab four in 2005... USC brings talent in every year, and although I don't think their QB will drop seven snaps in a game, I do believe a lot of people are sick and tired of hearing about them, and the n00bs at QB, RB and OL are gonna find that OUt the hard way like we did in 2005.

UCLA hates them
Notre Dame wants revenge
Arizona looking for something to establish Mike Stoops as their main man
Oregon is gonna be tough (this we expect)
Nebbish has enough experience and returning starters to give them trouble

and Arkansas (yes I said it) was showing signs of "getting it" against LSU and Georgia last year, all they need to do is carry that little bit of momentum into their opener with the home-field advantage and they'll scare 'em.

The boys of Troy need a little time to reload IMHO, the more beatings they suffer right now the better, since No-Pete is apparently planning on staying for a while...