PDA

View Full Version : Why NC game won't have a Big 12 representative

footballfanatic
7/31/2006, 12:40 PM
For the first time in several years, the Big 12 won't have a representative in the NC game. I think both UT and OU aren't quite as good as in years past, plus, almost as importantly, the media will be predisposed to find contenders from other conferences. Look for a one-loss ND, USC, Florida or OSU to leapfrog an undefeated UT or OU in the polls when it counts. For either team to make it back, it will have to be dominant beyond question. With the major question marks for both teams (UT QB and OU o-line), I don't see that kind of dominance happening.

Octavian
7/31/2006, 12:46 PM
This from a conference who's put two teams in the NCG w/out winning the conference? ('01 Nebraska didn't even w/ its own division)

Nah...If OU or Texas is undefeated after 12 games, they're in. Their names carry too much weight to be leapfrogged by any one-loss team.

Octavian
7/31/2006, 12:48 PM
Now...undefeated Texas A&M may get an invite to beautiful New Orleans...but not OU or Texas. ;)

soonervegas
7/31/2006, 12:53 PM
I do agree that the NC will not see a Big 12 team this year, but under no circumstance would an undefeated OU or Texas be left out of a NC game over a 1-loss team.

I will say that if there are no or only 1 undefeated team and a bunch of 1 loss teams (including OU), OU has no shot at the NC game.

soonersam
7/31/2006, 01:02 PM
what?? Im surprised you able to type such stupid thoughts!! (your really progressing) Head injuries can take time..

caphorns
7/31/2006, 01:07 PM
undefeated Texas A&M

You mean a Texas A&M team that lacks a moral victory? I can't even imagine that.

TheGodfather889
7/31/2006, 01:08 PM
You really think that a 1 loss team would leapfrog an undefeated,proven team like Texas or OU? They're not midmajors so they wouldn't jump them.

Octavian
7/31/2006, 01:11 PM
You mean a Texas A&M team that lacks a moral victory?

that's impossible.

of course it was hypothetical, like:

"Unbeaten Oklahoma State carries it's lofty #13 ranking into Shreveport for the most important post-season game in school history."

RedstickSooner
7/31/2006, 01:28 PM
There is no universe in which an undefeated team from a major conference gets leapfrogged by a one-loss team (late in the season).

(Okay, nearly no universe -- the only possible universe is one where that undefeated team, mid-season, has some horrific scandal break where it's proven that they rigged some games or something, and voters punish 'em by dropping them in the polls)

Snrfn4ever08
7/31/2006, 02:39 PM
you just thought usc was whining in 03 and auburn in 04. if an undefeated ou was left out of the title game in favor of a one-loss team, there would be riots all over oklahoma. the entire state would probably go up in flames.

Snrfn4ever08
7/31/2006, 02:40 PM
this post is just to get me off of 666. thank you for your time

yermom
7/31/2006, 02:45 PM
i don't think it's mathematically possible for an undefeated OU or wh0rn team to not make it over any 1 loss team

footballfanatic
7/31/2006, 02:58 PM
what?? Im surprised you able to type such stupid thoughts!! (your really progressing) Head injuries can take time..

Glad to hear that you feel I am progressing. Sadly, the same cannot be said for your command of English grammar.

footballfanatic
7/31/2006, 03:00 PM
I do agree that the NC will not see a Big 12 team this year, but under no circumstance would an undefeated OU or Texas be left out of a NC game over a 1-loss team.

I will say that if there are no or only 1 undefeated team and a bunch of 1 loss teams (including OU), OU has no shot at the NC game.

I may be wrong about OU or UT being leapfrogged. My main point is that I feel that the national media is growing somewhat tired of our region, and that we will be passed over for the "latest and greatest," possibly a West Virginia, or an SEC team.

goingoneight
7/31/2006, 03:03 PM
This from a conference who's put two teams in the NCG w/out winning the conference? ('01 Nebraska didn't even w/ its own division)

Nah...If OU or Texas is undefeated after 12 games, they're in. Their names carry too much weight to be leapfrogged by any one-loss team.

Unless USC and Notre Dame are 8-4 or better. :mad:

soonerlaw
7/31/2006, 03:08 PM
Look for a one-loss ND, USC, Florida or OSU to leapfrog an undefeated UT or OU in the polls when it counts.

If UT is undefeated, then tOSU has one loss, and there is no way tOSU jumps an undefeated UT after it beats them.

soonernation
7/31/2006, 03:12 PM
If UT is undefeated, then tOSU has one loss, and there is no way tOSU jumps an undefeated UT after it beats them.

Never use logic with a whorn. All it will do is confuse the **** out of him.

toast
7/31/2006, 03:24 PM
Look for a one-loss ND, USC, Florida or OSU to leapfrog an undefeated UT or OU in the polls when it counts.

http://webpages.charter.net/heatonrd/lumbergh.jpg

yeah.....right.

C&CDean
7/31/2006, 03:41 PM
I'm thinking about baning this guy simply for stupidity.

HarrisTubbsFan
7/31/2006, 04:00 PM
He could be right. I mean there are weaknesses with the top teams in the conference. We still have a young team here in Norman. Texas loses Vince Young and Romance Taylor. But it's not like there's a lot of other teams that have something that puts em over the top either. USC loses their entire team just about. Ohio State loses their entire defense. Notre Dame loses 3 of their top 4 recievers. And they have a bad defense. There's not many teams that are gonna overwelm you.

C&CDean
7/31/2006, 04:04 PM
Y'know what I like? Not a single team has played a single down and everybody already has the whole season figured out. I say we just cancel the season.

HarrisTubbsFan
7/31/2006, 04:10 PM
So when does the next prediction season start?

caphorns
7/31/2006, 04:11 PM
ff - you have the right to remain silent. anything stupid you say . . .

Scott D
7/31/2006, 04:11 PM
I'm thinking about baning this guy simply for stupidity.

well dean he is a Hook em

caphorns
7/31/2006, 04:25 PM
Y'know what I like? Not a single team has played a single down and everybody already has the whole season figured out. I say we just cancel the season.

I'm pretty sure that's Fran's mantra for this year.

Salt City Sooner
7/31/2006, 05:01 PM
I may be wrong about OU or UT being leapfrogged. My main point is that I feel that the national media is growing somewhat tired of our region, and that we will be passed over for the "latest and greatest," possibly a West Virginia, or an SEC team.
Uh, the media (i.e. AP Poll) is no longer a part of the BCS equation. They took their toys & went home.

footballfanatic
7/31/2006, 06:07 PM
Uh, the media (i.e. AP Poll) is no longer a part of the BCS equation. They took their toys & went home.

True, AP has asked to be removed from the voting, but don't underestimate the influencing power of ESPN, USA Today, CNNSI.

SoonerJedi
7/31/2006, 10:06 PM
Look for a one-loss ND, USC, Florida or OSU to leapfrog an undefeated UT or OU in the polls when it counts. For either team to make it back, it will have to be dominant beyond question. With the major question marks for both teams (UT QB and OU o-line), I don't see that kind of dominance happening.

Whatever you are drinking, order me one please! ;)

Texas and OU will both be ranked in the top ten to start this year. If other teams loose and OU or Texas wins out, there is no way in the BCS system that they wouldn’t be the number one team and at least be in the championship game.

JLB
7/31/2006, 10:36 PM
For the first time in several years, the Big 12 won't have a representative in the NC game. I think both UT and OU aren't quite as good as in years past, plus, almost as importantly, the media will be predisposed to find contenders from other conferences. Look for a one-loss ND, USC, Florida or OSU to leapfrog an undefeated UT or OU in the polls when it counts. For either team to make it back, it will have to be dominant beyond question. With the major question marks for both teams (UT QB and OU o-line), I don't see that kind of dominance happening.

Why Footballfanatic will no longer be representing on soonerfans this year.:mad:

badger
7/31/2006, 10:43 PM
it depends on which team wins it. let us break it down, shall we...

IN title game with undefeated big 12 championship season:
-ou, nebraska, colorado, texas

IN only if no other/one other undefeated team, and big 12 champ season:
-tech, a&m, ksu

NO respect, whine, whine, whine:
-osu, ku, mizz, isu

fans tear down goal post with winning season...or any big 12 home win:
-baylor