PDA

View Full Version : At Missouri.

I_Live_In_OK
7/31/2006, 10:49 AM
Matt McCoy had four interceptions in 2002, didn't he? I can never quite figure out what position he played, but he will quietly go down as a...well...quiet contributor in the Stoops Era.

The touchdown pass to future NFL 2nd round draft pick Chris Chester off the fake field goal became the center piece everytime ESPN lamented Stoops as the world's number one riverboat gambler. Or whatever the ef they called him. Missouri played us tough that year in Columbia. Brad Smith did things against the OU defense that made it look like we were staring into the pages of a Karma Sutra Sex Book..."Huh?"..."Wha?"..."I didn't think that was possible against the OU D!"

We go to Missouri this year on October 28. McCoy's pass will be played back, over and over. The Tigers will have played Kansas State in a pivotal Big 12 north game the week before, and have a trip to Lincoln, Neb. the week after they play us.

We, on the other hand, have to go there in a game sandwhiched between a home game against Colorado the week before and at College Station, TX., on November 4. After Texas A&M is the Texas Tech game...in Norman...where there is no anticipation at all...nothing to be anticipating about...there will be no buildup for the Red Raider game...they did not erect a poster rubbing salt in our wounds for one of the most horrificly officiated game in recent sports history...nothing of that nature.

So I'm just a little bit concerned about Missouri jumping up and biting us at a time that would not be very convenient. No one knows how good they are. Chase Daniel looked good in spots last year. Chase Coffman and Martin Rucker are matchup nightmares. David Overstreet had 100 tackles at free safety. But I can't tell how good they are going to be. They could finish second in the north. They could finish fourth.

BOOMERBRADLEY
7/31/2006, 11:27 AM
I think OU wins ;)

opksooner
7/31/2006, 11:57 AM
Mizzou has this Karma thing that always jumps up and bites 'em in the ***. They have an uncanny ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

We win in a breeze.

Defense.

soonerinabilene
7/31/2006, 12:36 PM
according to ncaa 07, they have the most amazing receiver to ever play the game. we need to watch out for him, he will catch anything and break it for a td. he'll even run right over rufus. im telling you, this guy is tough. wr # 84 is his name, i think.

I_Live_In_OK
7/31/2006, 02:35 PM
Tommy Saunders (6'1'' 210)?

My friend wouldn't stop throwing to Chase Coffman and I couldn't effin stop him. Coffman had like 19 catches for 317 yards.

Mad face.