PDA

View Full Version : Third Fletch movie...Star Wars backward style?

Tear Down This Wall
7/31/2006, 10:27 AM
A movie about the young Fletch? Sounds like a bad idea. I hope it's better than the three crappy movie about the young Skywalker who became Vader. What a senseless load of crap those three films were.

BRAFF HAS FLETCH MARKED

NEW YORK (Hollywood Reporter) -- The creator of Scrubs is writing and directing a prequel to the '80s feature franchise Fletch and, if he has his way, the show's star, Zach Braff, will take over Chevy Chase's title role.

The Weinstein Co. has signed Bill Lawrence to adapt Gregory Mcdonald's 1985 comic-mystery novel Fletch Won, which follows the irreverent detective from his early days as a ne'er-do-well junior newspaper reporter to his partnership with a crime reporter to solve a murder.

Mcdonald's bestsellers were brought to the screen in 1985's Fletch and 1989's Fletch Lives.

"Zach is perfect for the role," Lawrence said in an interview from his Los Angeles office, where Braff sat laughing in the background. "I'm going to use all my pull trying to make him do it."

Filming is expected to start in April, once the current season of Scrubs completes filming. No cast members have been signed yet.

Frozen Sooner
7/31/2006, 10:37 AM
Eh. I'm not worried about it. For one, Bill Lawrence is twice the writer that George Lucas is. For two, Zach Braff is a proven comedy commodity, unlike Anadroid Skywalker's Hayden Christiansen. For three, Fletch Won is a good book.

Tear Down This Wall
7/31/2006, 11:43 AM
That's good news. Personally, I thought the new Star Wars Trilogy was too stuck on computer things. I mean, I've already seen Episodes 4-6 without robot armies. Now, I'm supposed to believe that when Darth was younger there was more technology? Please.

Dear Tear Down This Wall,
We didn't make the new Star Wars Trilogy for you old farts who saw the originals in the theatres. We made it for your more technologically advanced nephews and nieces.

Sincerely,
New Star Wars Trilogy Marketing Spares

Hamhock
7/31/2006, 12:43 PM
Chevy Chase is Fletch. There will never be an equal.

He does too much physical comedy. Kinda like if they tried to get someone else to play Kramer.

Partial Qualifier
7/31/2006, 12:51 PM
It was something your wife said while we were in bed together. She said we had the same build.

From the waist up I imagine.

OUDoc
7/31/2006, 01:00 PM
Can I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo.

Hamhock
7/31/2006, 01:03 PM
There's a brazillon of them.

(That's not an actual line from a Fletch. It's just a commentary to the fact that nearly every line is comedy gold)

BlondeSoonerGirl
7/31/2006, 01:24 PM
'...Sugar, Mr. Poon?...'

XingTheRubicon
7/31/2006, 01:25 PM
Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

fixed

crawfish
7/31/2006, 01:27 PM
You using the whole fist, Doc?

XingTheRubicon
7/31/2006, 01:31 PM
'...Sugar, Mr. Poon?...'

Oh, by the way, what kind of a name is Poon?

XingTheRubicon
7/31/2006, 01:32 PM
Comanche Indian. Goodbye.

Widescreen
7/31/2006, 02:27 PM
Pan-Am clerk: "Mr Stanwyk, you are confirmed on Pan-Am flight 441 to Rio de Janiero tomorrow evening eleven PM first class."
Fletch: "That's terrific, thank you."
Pan-Am clerk: "You re-confirmed this morning."
Fletch: "You bet I did. I'm a bearer for detail. I hope there's nobody sitting next to me. You see I always travel first class and I er, take both seats up. I'm in bridge-work, construction. These fold-outs take a tremendous amount of space up and I need the space."
Pan-Am clerk: "I'm afraid there is someone sitting next to you."
Fletch: "Oh for God darn, darn! Who is it? Mr Sininlinden?"
Pan-Am clerk: "No, the name's Cavanaugh."
Fletch: "Cavanaugh. Ah, is that Maurice or Pierre?"
Pan-Am clerk: "Sally-Ann Cavanaugh."
Fletch: "Sally-Ann? Well, terrific."
Pan-Am clerk: "In fact, you purchased the ticket for Miss Cavanaugh."
Fletch: "Doesn't mean I want her sitting next to me does it?"