PDA

View Full Version : Photocopier Scam ***holes

mdklatt
7/31/2006, 09:52 AM
Does anybody else get photocopier scam calls at work? We get them about once a month. Some ***hole will call and say, "I'm with customer service with your copier and we're updating our records so if you could verify the model number for me I'd appreciate it." If you do this they'll try to sell you toner by saying, "I'm going to have some extra toner sent out to you guys, okay?" They rely on talking to people who don't know what's going on. If you say, "let me get the person on the phone who deals with the copier" they'll hang up. One of these bastards was particulary bold, and kept calling back--presumably trying to get somebody different on the phone. I got rid of him by asking for his name and the name of the company he worked for.

Fast forward to ten minutes ago when another one of the ***holes calls up. He does his thing and I ask, "What company is this again?" His reply: "My butt." Go **** yourself, Jason.

Mjcpr
7/31/2006, 09:55 AM
*67 (or whatever)

jeremy885
7/31/2006, 10:05 AM
That's why I'm glad that my company has caller ID on all of it's phones. I'm able to duck all of the calls from the TX highway patrolman's fund and Account Temps.

Tear Down This Wall
7/31/2006, 10:09 AM
This happened to me once, this whole phone shenanigan thing. Somewhere out in the black hole of marketing, a company got my name and phone number mixed up with somebody else's. I continually got calls from these people, and always said, I'm not that person, you've got the wrong number, please take this number off your list, etc.

Well, one day, I get another of these calls and I start to tell the phone drone that I'm not the person their asking for...but this time, phone drone guy finishes the sentence for me, curses me, and hangs up.

So, I took the number from caller I.D. called back in, asked for a manager, and read him the riot act. About a week later, I received a phone call from the company's president saying the employee had been "taken care of" and that they were sorry for the incident.... I thought, 'gee, I hope they didn't kill the kid, I just wanted my name off the list!' :D

Soonerbabeinbama
7/31/2006, 11:32 AM
Does anybody else get photocopier scam calls at work? We get them about once a month. Some ***hole will call and say, "I'm with customer service with your copier and we're updating our records so if you could verify the model number for me I'd appreciate it." If you do this they'll try to sell you toner by saying, "I'm going to have some extra toner sent out to you guys, okay?" They rely on talking to people who don't know what's going on. If you say, "let me get the person on the phone who deals with the copier" they'll hang up. One of these bastards was particulary bold, and kept calling back--presumably trying to get somebody different on the phone. I got rid of him by asking for his name and the name of the company he worked for.

Fast forward to ten minutes ago when another one of the ***holes calls up. He does his thing and I ask, "What company is this again?" His reply: "My butt." Go **** yourself, Jason.
and so....... how much did they get you for?:cool:

mdklatt
7/31/2006, 11:33 AM
and so....... how much did they get you for?:cool:

Pfft...NOTHING!!

Soonerbabeinbama
7/31/2006, 11:38 AM
Pfft...NOTHING!!
gotcha!! I wouldn't own up to it either!!:D

mdklatt
7/31/2006, 11:43 AM
gotcha!! I wouldn't own up to it either!!:D

:bsmf:

GrapevineSooner
7/31/2006, 11:53 AM
" Hi, this is so-and-so from so-and-so company, can I speak to the person in charge of your telephone system/purchasing/etc."

"This is an internal help desk number."

*click*