PDA

View Full Version : OU has won the Red River game if ...

SoonerJedi
7/30/2006, 09:15 PM
.... OU scores first. While OU has come from behind twice in the past six years, Texas has folded like a card table anytime they get behind to OU.

... AD runs for big chunks of yardage in the first half. Texas doesn't have a great run defense already, and if they can't slow down AD after a week of preparation, it is silly to think they are going to be able to make adjustments at half time. AD typically runs better in the second half of games anyway.

... Texas becomes one dimensional before halftime. For whatever reason Venables has a nack for taking something away from Mack Brown's team. The one win for Texas in the past six years came after an 80 yard run got Texas' running game going and kept them from being one-dimensional.

... OU passes with any degree of ease. The running game should be there for OU, if the passing game is going as well it could be all over in a smoke puff for Texas.

XingTheRubicon
7/30/2006, 09:34 PM
I'm pretty sure we've only come from behind to win only once in the last 6 years. 2002 (14-3)

Wishboned
7/30/2006, 09:42 PM
The year after the 14-3 game. I think the final score was 35-24. OU had to come from behind.

King Crimson
7/30/2006, 09:48 PM
The year after the 14-3 game. I think the final score was 35-24. OU had to come from behind.

yup, we (and Quentin) dominated the 4th quarter. UT's last TD was merely cosmetic. they cut away from the game late in Colorado.

SoonerJedi
7/30/2006, 09:52 PM
I'm pretty sure we've only come from behind to win only once in the last 6 years. 2002 (14-3)

I'm pretty sure you are wrong. Watch the next year's game.

Snrfn4ever08
7/30/2006, 09:54 PM
yea, weren't we down by quite a bit in that game? something like 10-14 points?

King Crimson
7/30/2006, 10:00 PM
we were down (after a Hybl INT for a TD the other way) and scored right before the half on the toss to T. Smith that was on the cover of SI--to pull close at halftime and gain momentum.

SoonerJedi
7/30/2006, 10:05 PM
yea, weren't we down by quite a bit in that game? something like 10-14 points?

Never speak of this again. ;)

No, I think you are right .. we were down by two scores in that game I believe.

Egeo
7/30/2006, 10:26 PM
2001 was the game where we won 14-3
2002 we won 34-24ish with nate's ints
2003 was 65-13

i think you guys knew this, but i was confused with the way the posts are reading as of right now

Snrfn4ever08
7/30/2006, 10:43 PM
Never speak of this again. ;)

No, I think you are right .. we were down by two scores in that game I believe.
hey, if we came back and won, why does it matter how much we were down by. the more the better;) . oh, and for egeo, the final score was 35-24

SoonerJedi
7/30/2006, 10:59 PM
hey, if we came back and won, why does it matter how much we were down by. the more the better;) . oh, and for egeo, the final score was 35-24

As my coach used to say, a come from behind win usually means you didn't do something right in the first half.

XingTheRubicon
7/31/2006, 12:06 AM

I'm completely sure you are wrong.

In '03, OU never trailed.......65-13.

In 2000, it was 42-0 in the 2nd quarter so I'm pretty sure we didn't trail in that one.

2001 Q scored on an option to the left, 7-0. OU won 14-3

2002 OU did trail 7-0, then 7-3, then 14-3 (I thought Renaldo was taking that one), 14-9 TD set up by Savage's long return. 14-11 (2pt conv) , 17-11 UT then 17-14, UT then Q took over (delayed draw, delayed draw, delayed draw) 35-17 OU. Garbage TD, UT Final 35-24.

2003 DStrait picks Chance Mock, a few plays later 7-0 OU. UT ties it 7-7, then OU scores again 14-7. UT only scored 13 total.
Final OU 65 UT 13.

2004 12-0 OU

SoonerJedi
7/31/2006, 10:39 AM
I'm completely sure you are wrong.

In '03, OU never trailed.......65-13.

You are an idiot. The year after the 14-3 game was the 35-24 (as just about everyone on here has told you.

Here is your post again since you have trouble remembering even what you wrote yourself.....

I realise you made a mistake and said that was the 2002 year, and I didn't correct you. But that was your mistake ....

footballfanatic
7/31/2006, 10:49 AM
.... OU scores first. While OU has come from behind twice in the past six years, Texas has folded like a card table anytime they get behind to OU.

... AD runs for big chunks of yardage in the first half. Texas doesn't have a great run defense already, and if they can't slow down AD after a week of preparation, it is silly to think they are going to be able to make adjustments at half time. AD typically runs better in the second half of games anyway.

... Texas becomes one dimensional before halftime. For whatever reason Venables has a nack for taking something away from Mack Brown's team. The one win for Texas in the past six years came after an 80 yard run got Texas' running game going and kept them from being one-dimensional.

... OU passes with any degree of ease. The running game should be there for OU, if the passing game is going as well it could be all over in a smoke puff for Texas.

So what you're saying, is that if OU can establish a run game, have success throwing, and limit the Texas offense, OU will win? That sounds like a blueprint for any football team winning any game at any level.

XingTheRubicon
7/31/2006, 10:50 AM
You are an idiot. The year after the 14-3 game was the 35-24 (as just about everyone on here has told you.

Here is your post again since you have trouble remembering even what you wrote yourself.....

I realise you made a mistake and said that was the 2002 year, and I didn't correct you. But that was your mistake ....

Listen, moron (14-3) was the DEFICIT in the '02 game. That's how much we trailed.

YOU said we came from behind to win twice in the last 6 years. Which 2 years? That's what I thought.

I explained it where a 3 year old could understand it here:

In 2000, it was 42-0 in the 2nd quarter so I'm pretty sure we didn't trail in that one.

2001 Q scored on an option to the left, 7-0. OU won 14-3

2002 OU did trail 7-0, then 7-3, then 14-3 (I thought Renaldo was taking that one), 14-9 TD set up by Savage's long return. 14-11 (2pt conv) , 17-11 UT then 17-14, UT then Q took over (delayed draw, delayed draw, delayed draw) 35-17 OU. Garbage TD, UT Final 35-24.

2003 DStrait picks Chance Mock, a few plays later 7-0 OU. UT ties it 7-7, then OU scores again 14-7. UT only scored 13 total.
Final OU 65 UT 13.

2004 12-0 OU

Do you understand, now, wizard?

BTW, don't bother insulting people when you can't spell.

StoopTroup
7/31/2006, 10:54 AM
heh.

caphorns
7/31/2006, 11:29 AM
it could be all over in a smoke puff

It's certainly one way to deal with reality :)

Jason White's Third Knee
7/31/2006, 11:51 AM
It's certainly one way to deal with reality :)

That's pretty much how I dealt with the loss last year. Well, that and beer.

Hey, how about the new guy calling XTR an idiot? I was sure he was gonna blow a gasket. He went easy though. Live and learn.

douxpaysan
7/31/2006, 11:52 AM
SoonerJedi is a ********* and his momma was a skank Yo Jedi...you hear that? You gonna take that smak? You hear what he said bout your momma? :pop:

Octavian
7/31/2006, 12:00 PM

I really agree w/ this one. If the young Texas quarterbacks are put in a lot obvious passing situations (3rd and longs), I like our chances.

That's means we've got to bottle up their ground game on 1st and 2nd down....a big task for our front seven.

Stoops/Venables defense vs. Greg Davis offense on 3rd and more-than-6 = Texas nightmare.

soonerinabilene
7/31/2006, 12:18 PM
I really agree w/ this one. If the young Texas quarterbacks are put in a lot obvious passing situations (3rd and longs), I like our chances.

That's means we've got to bottle up their ground game on 1st and 2nd down....a big task for our front seven.

Stoops/Venables defense vs. NO VINCE YOUNG offense on any down= Texas nightmare.

fixed

caphorns
7/31/2006, 01:03 PM
Hey, how about the new guy calling XTR an idiot? I was sure he was gonna blow a gasket. He went easy though. Live and learn.

Surprising Round 1 victory for Young Jedi. Kind of like when a little dog tries to hump a bigger dog to establish dominance. Maybe there's something to this young pup.

stoopified
7/31/2006, 07:40 PM
Hmph.

SoonerJedi
7/31/2006, 08:26 PM
So what you're saying, is that if OU can establish a run game, have success throwing, and limit the Texas offense, OU will win? That sounds like a blueprint for any football team winning any game at any level.

I meant any one of those things will spell a win.
Thanks for the oppertunity to correct myself.

SoonerJedi
7/31/2006, 08:53 PM
Listen, moron (14-3) was the DEFICIT in the '02 game. That's how much we trailed…. I explained it where a 3 year old could understand it here:

<chuckle>
Oh yeah, you’re a great communicator …..
Apparently you didn’t notice that every single poster had the same impression I had.

No, no, no, it's not you dweeble, it's everyone else.

Oh yeah, a single typo is just awful when compared to someone who can't even follow what every single poster is saying in a thread

jackietreehorn
7/31/2006, 09:07 PM
no dude, you just mispelled oppOrtunity as well. this "typo" is not an isolated mistake. i agree with what you're saying in regards to strategy, but you are most definately messing with the wrong person on the board. XTR is a hell of a poster here. how can you be a sooner and a jedi and be so lame?

SoonerJedi
7/31/2006, 09:33 PM
no dude, you just mispelled oppOrtunity as well. this "typo" is not an isolated mistake.

I know it's not.....And they told me that spelling was were the money was at too.

Sadly, I wasted my hours on a math degree. But I'm sure if I had gotten that degree in spelling I would have twice the house I have now. ;)

BTW – Did you mean to be ironic when you misspelled “misSpelled”?

but you are most definately messing with the wrong person on the board. XTR is a hell of a poster here.

I'm not ticklish.
Lighten up, I'm just having a little fun with your boy.
(What, he's too wimpy to stick up for himself?) :)

goingoneight
7/31/2006, 10:07 PM

At least we know OUr QB can complete a pass thus far...

goingoneight
7/31/2006, 10:18 PM
Anyway, back on subject... We know AD's looking forward to this game and he's just a bull anyway... but I'm one to believe Josh and Bomar will be in on a few tricks. We beat Oregon because Bomar was finally set in with his offense and not running I every down like an idiot anymore. If Bomar has a big game, I believe OU has a big game.

Reason One: I believe this Stoops guy knows how to put together a good D.
Reason Two: AD is awesome even without an OL and even some when he's injured.
Reason Three: The crowd and the team will always feed off of the QB's success. Look at how many people rolled their eyes and walked OUt on Major, Chrissy, Chance, Vince and Bomar. Note their performances whenthey did something good like VY's long run in 2003 or his win in 2005.

The worst thing that can happen, I say, is a first quarter pick-off by the opponents D. Bomar, even witrh a year behind him now, will feel the heat and lose confidence as will the two n00bs for UT. If someone gets picked off early on, especially first play of a drive, they're toast.

Snrfn4ever08
7/31/2006, 11:22 PM
....mack brown still coaches texas and vince young graduates. oh, wait:D

goingoneight
7/31/2006, 11:27 PM
Buwah!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Vince Young... Graduates... AHHHHHH-HAHAHAHA!!! I can sleep easy now... whew... that was a good one. uh-heh... hehehe...

Snrfn4ever08
7/31/2006, 11:28 PM
Buwah!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Vince Young... Graduates... AHHHHHH-HAHAHAHA!!! I can sleep easy now... whew... that was a good one. uh-heh... hehehe...
hey, when the right strings are pulled, anything can happen. just ask those guys in the sociology department at auburn:D

goingoneight
7/31/2006, 11:32 PM
hey, when the right strings are pulled, anything can happen. just ask those guys in the sociology department at auburn:D

I've gotta go to fark central and see if they can do up a VY fingerpainting or Auburn dunce cap or something now that that comes to mind!!!

goingoneight
7/31/2006, 11:33 PM
Okay... back on track... we're drifting again...

OU has won the Red River game if...

Bob Stoops stays for 2006.

Snrfn4ever08
7/31/2006, 11:43 PM
Okay... back on track... we're drifting again...

OU has won the Red River game if...

Bob Stoops stays for 2006.
yea, i was getting to that

SoonerJedi
7/31/2006, 11:56 PM
how can you be a sooner and a jedi and be so lame?

Sorry I didn't see this when I responded earlier ... Hey, I'm not lame, chicks dig a jedi. You are confusing me with that jackietreehorn guy that everyone says is a loser. Oh wait ..... :eek:

I'm just stirring up stuff .... wish the Longhorn fans weren't such cowards, I never get tired of smack talking them (or smacking them upside the head if the oppertunity presents itself).

jackietreehorn
8/1/2006, 01:31 AM
this has to be the 393rd time i've said i'm not a longhorn. catch up on your pop culture between math problems obi wan. it's a movie character. i'm sure someone can help you out if you're curious. and i'm not trying to stir anything up either, i agreed with everything you said about how we win against that one school in austin (it's tuesday now), but before you correct MY spelling, get a dictionary. there's nothing ironic there buddy. boomer sooner.

jackietreehorn
8/1/2006, 01:50 AM
Lighten up, I'm just having a little fun with your boy.
(What, he's too wimpy to stick up for himself?) :)

not sure of his wimpiness, i just usually enjoy what he has to say. anyway, that's enough of this mess.

now...about your original post--
what's your take on the starting qb situation by the time our game rolls around? unlike us, i think mack will drag this competition out way too long. if he were smart he'd make a decision early and stick with his guy, like king bob did. but i think he'll create another simms/applewhite situation, hopefully screwing the team in the long run on their way to a 3 way tie for last place in the south.

MiccoMacey
8/1/2006, 09:58 AM

Not sure they won't have a good run defense. Their front four will be really solid and their LB play should be good as well.

... Texas becomes one dimensional before halftime. For whatever reason Venables has a nack for taking something away from Mack Brown's team...

This will be our key to beating Texas. If they can't run they won't score, or at least score very much. Jamaal Charles will have to have a great day before BV will call off the blitzes on McCoy/Snead/Herr Scholz or whomever they line up as their QB.

XingTheRubicon
8/1/2006, 10:31 AM
.... OU scores first. While OU has come from behind twice in the past sisx year, Texas has folded like a card table anytime they get behind to OU.

Do you stand behind this statement?

Don't change the subject. Were you right or wrong?

STFU, Sally

Snrfn4ever08
8/1/2006, 10:41 AM
... if ,at the end of the game, ou's score=A and austin's school for the retarder=B and these two variables satisfy the equation A > B. then, and only then, has ou won.:D

1stTimeCaller
8/1/2006, 10:43 AM
Heh, I don't always get along with XTR but he's got you by the vulva on this one Jedi. He makes his point crystal clear.

I'm not sure what your problem with XTR's posts in this thread are but he's right as rain and you're as wrong as two boys ****ing.

SoonerJedi
8/1/2006, 04:52 PM
not sure of his wimpiness, i just usually enjoy what he has to say.

Lighten up big cheese .. I was joking.
Please don't start crying on me.

Not sure they won't have a good run defense. Their front four will be really solid and their LB play should be good as well.

They didn’t have a good run defense last year, they were 7th in the Big12. Do you think it is significantly better this year?

Do you stand behind this statement?

No, we only had one come from behind game.
Do you still think your original post was crystal clear? Of course not. It was everyone else's problem .... we established that.

Heh, I don't always get along with XTR but he's got you by the vulva on this one Jedi. He makes his point crystal clear.

<chuckle>
So crystal clear that Wishboned, King Crimson, Snrfn4ever08, and Egeo (in fact everyone that read his post) knew he had the game mistaken. The fact that he went back and changed his story and tried to pretend that he was really talking about the deficit, and not the game itself (oh yeah right!) - and then claimed that he had been “crystal clear” is laughable.

I'm not sure what your problem with XTR's posts in this thread are but he's right as rain and you're as wrong as two boys ****ing.

Hey potty mouth… what do you think about that a lot? ;)

XTR is a UT loser and you are his girlfriend. Just admit it.

caphorns
8/1/2006, 05:14 PM
"2002 (14-3)" was correct, was it not? I still don't get why you are taking on XTR when he's been right the whole f'n time.

C&CDean
8/1/2006, 06:03 PM
****ing retards.