PDA

View Full Version : Just got back from Sooner Legends

stoopified
7/29/2006, 06:58 PM
My wife and I took our son Ryan to Norman this past Wednesday and Thursday where we stayed at The Sooner Legends in(34th and Lindsay.We were really impressed with the Inn during our stay.

I spent much of my free time while at the Inn wandering the halls looking at all the photos and posters of Sooner gridiron greats.The whole place is done in tasteful crimson and cream,each room decorated with a particular players pictures.We stayed in the Lashar Brothers room( apparently placekickers don't get their own.room.)

There were so many brautiful pictures ,murals and so forth that we took photos of our favorites before we left .There are also some basketball,track and baseball players featured.The pictures run the gamut from the 20's to present day.

As for the accomadations,they are first rate.Each room has either a king bed(like our room) or two queen beds.Room decor is also ceimson and cream.The room wa0llsfeature about a dozen or so pictures of the featured player.You can reserve a particlar player room( if we had known this beforehand we would have gone for a Washington,Sims or White choice). Each room has a flat screen TV and a dvd player.There were also thick ,white ,turkish bathrobes with a crimson Sooner Legends monogram.They are availible for purchase at the front desk.My wife and I now each have one.

.Pool was nice,we had it to ourselves both days when we went out to it.It was clean(except for a few stray leaves)and was not overly chlorinated.There were plenty of pool chairs and ;oungers there.

A staff member ttold me WSU stayed there during the baseball regional.I think the host school is responsible for making lodging arrangements for the visiting teams.If this ia true I think this was a psych job by Joe C. and staff.Another staff member told me that Coach Capel is staying there while wrapping up everything back east and house-hunting.

Free breakfast is included during the stay.At first I was skeptical when we entered the resturant( I thught it looked tacky,not up to hotel standards.)I was very pleasently surprised as the food was plentiful and tasty.You could have any number of eggs fixed to order,there was also sausage,ham,bacon,hashbrowns,biscuits and gravy,toast and french toast.Second day was buffet featuring above items.

We had a great time in Norman and at Sooner Legends.I had been trying to talk my wife into moving to Norman after she finishes nursing school next May.This weekend was my chance to show her around and win her over.Mission accomplished.For those of you who need Norman accomadations I reccomend Legends Inn.

Soonerfan88
7/29/2006, 08:25 PM
Thanks for the report. I have been thinking about staying there sometime this fall. What are the rates like compared to other hotels in town?

oumartin
7/29/2006, 08:32 PM
Is it cheap?

I like my hotels like I like my women.

Cheap!!!!

The Consumate Showman
7/29/2006, 08:55 PM
sounds sweet!

price?

King Crimson
7/29/2006, 10:49 PM
where is it exactly? 34th and Lindsey?

The Consumate Showman
7/30/2006, 01:07 AM
right off of I-35 to the east.

King Crimson
7/30/2006, 01:16 AM
that's what i thought. it's the Ramada Inn/Bob's BBQ, then.

TheGodfather889
7/30/2006, 01:34 AM
Is it cheap?

I like my hotels like I like my women.

Cheap!!!!
You sound exactly like my dad.:D But anyway I considered staying there until I realized it was pointless to pay for a room as I live in Norman.:D

Soonrboy
7/30/2006, 11:11 AM
24th and Lindsey

The Consumate Showman
7/30/2006, 07:23 PM
that's what i thought. it's the Ramada Inn/Bob's BBQ, then.

yep.