PDA

View Full Version : Mel Gibson is anti-semitic...

LilSooner
7/29/2006, 04:13 PM
Good old Mel see his meltdown after getting charged with a DUI (http://www.tmz.com/2006/07/28/gibsons-anti-semitic-tirade-alleged-cover-up/)

StoopTroup
7/29/2006, 04:32 PM
He was drunk...

Sounds like he might have had a little medication too.

I bet he had been partying with Rush Limbaugh.

Wonder if they covered up any of Eddie Sutton's remarks when he got arrested?

On a nother note ...

Mel has apologized and said he has battled alcoholism all his life and that he regrets his relapse..

FaninAma
7/29/2006, 04:57 PM
Personally this drunken tirade offends me far less than the anti-American garbage most Hollywood stars spew while they're sober.

Rhino
7/29/2006, 05:06 PM
I'm always more offended when people say something offensive about my race and/or country than someone else's too.

But it doesn't make Mel any less stupid for doing so.

StoopTroup
7/29/2006, 05:12 PM
.12 blood alcohol level doesn't seem like very much for going into that kind of tirade.

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/29/2006, 05:19 PM
'I PWN MALIBU!!!!"

Hatfield
7/29/2006, 06:21 PM
Mel Gibson apologizes for DUI arrest By SANDY COHEN, AP Entertainment Writer
1 hour, 15 minutes ago

Mel Gibson issued a lengthy statement Saturday apologizing for his drunk driving arrest and saying he has battled alcoholism throughout his life.

Gibson also apologized for what he said were "despicable" statements he made to the deputies who arrested him early Friday morning on Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu.

"I acted like a person completely out of control when I was arrested," he said in a statement issued by his publicist. "I disgraced myself and my family with my behavior and for that I am truly sorry. I have battled with the disease of alcoholism for all of my adult life and profoundly regret my horrific relapse."

Publicist Alan Nierob declined to elaborate beyond the statement.

Gibson, 50, was arrested for investigation of driving under the influence of alcohol after deputies stopped his 2006 Lexus LS 430 for speeding. Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore said deputies clocked him doing 87 mph in a 45 mph zone.

A breath test indicated Gibson's blood-alcohol level was 0.12 percent, Whitmore said. The legal limit in California is 0.08 percent.

The actor was released early Friday after posting $5,000 bail.

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/29/2006, 06:37 PM
I own Malibu Mother ****er...Malibu Kong!!!

http://www.40ozmaltliquor.com/malibus.jpg

leavingthezoo
7/29/2006, 09:51 PM
why you gotta bring this up, sugar t*ts?

heh. i just wanted to be the first one to say sugar t*ts.

AlbqSooner
7/30/2006, 07:48 AM
"My life is so ****ed."

Yeah, my life should be as ****ed as his.

BoomerJack
7/30/2006, 07:49 AM
First I've heard of Gibson claiming to be an alcoholic. Of course, I pretty much try to ignore him unless he's talking about one of his movies.

The alleged rants about Jews do not suprise me though. It's my understanding that Gibson grew up in a very conservative Roman Catholic household. So conservative that Gibson's father moved the fam to Australia in the early '60's to avoid perceived "liberalization" in the Church in the U.S. Things like conducting Mass in local languages instead of Latin and to stop blaming or persecuting Jews for the crucifixion(sp) of Christ.

VeeJay
7/30/2006, 09:14 AM
Agree - .12 is not a blacked-out, I-Hate-A-Jew-Are-You-A-F'ing-Jew kind of drunkenness.

He needs help, then he needs to go away.

FaninAma
7/30/2006, 11:49 AM
Agree - .12 is not a blacked-out, I-Hate-A-Jew-Are-You-A-F'ing-Jew kind of drunkenness.

He needs help, then he needs to go away.

And he needs to take the rest of Hollywood and most of the entertainment industry with him.

opksooner
7/30/2006, 12:21 PM
Gibson is a whack-job, but a very wealthy one.

There is no particular surprise in the news of this latest incident or the details of his rant. His previous denials of anti-semitism in 2003 at the time of the debut of his movie, The Passion, are now put into perspective.

So............yawn.

KaiserSooner
7/30/2006, 02:22 PM
So yeah...Mel Gibson doesn't have issues with Jewish people:

July 30, 2006

Mel Gibson Apologizes for Tirade After Arrest

By ALLISON HOPE WEINER
MALIBU, Calif., July 29 — The film star and director Mel Gibson (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/people/g/mel_gibson/index.html?inline=nyt-per) apologized Saturday for belligerent behavior and for saying what he called “despicable” things that he does “not believe to be true” when he was arrested here on a drunken-driving charge early Friday.
But Mr. Gibson, in a statement, stopped short of addressing claims that he made virulently anti-Semitic remarks to an arresting officer, as described on a Web site that posted several pages of the sheriff’s report.
The sheriff’s report, carried on TMZ.com (http://tmz.com/), a Web site owned by Time Warner, said Mr. Gibson had demanded to know if the officer, James Mee, was a Jew. During an obscenity-laced tirade, according to the report, Mr. Gibson also said “the Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world.”
Steve Whitmore, a spokesman for the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, declined to comment on the report. But he said the department would eventually disclose details of the arrest. “Nothing will be sanitized,” Mr. Whitmore said in a statement.
People associated with the case privately acknowledged the report’s authenticity, but they agreed to speak only on condition of anonymity because of the ongoing investigation.
The report of Mr. Gibson’s outburst further disturbed some people who were already wary of what they saw as anti-Semitic overtones in his 2004 blockbuster “The Passion of the Christ,” and who believe that he has failed to disassociate himself clearly enough from remarks by his father denying the Holocaust.
“If it’s true what’s reported, frequently hatred, bigotry and prejudice, which is controlled, explodes at moments of stress and crisis,” said Rabbi Abraham H. Foxman (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/people/f/abraham_h_foxman/index.html?inline=nyt-per), national director of the Anti-Defamation League (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/organizations/a/antidefamation_league/index.html?inline=nyt-org). “Liquor loosens the tongue of what’s in the mind and in the heart, and in his mind and in his heart is his conspiracy theory about Jews and hatred of Jews.”
Late last year, Mr. Gibson began developing a four-hour miniseries on the Holocaust for ABC, in what was widely seen as an effort to patch up his relations with parts of the Jewish community. A spokesman for the Walt Disney Company, which owns ABC, had no immediate comment on the project’s status. Disney’s studio division is also expected to release Mr. Gibson’s film, “Apocalypto.”
Mr. Gibson, who lives in Malibu, was arrested about 2:30 a.m. Friday on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol and released on $5,000 bail.
In a one-paragraph statement issued Saturday through his publicist, Alan Nierob, Mr. Gibson said: “I acted like a person completely out of control when I was arrested, and said things that I do not believe to be true and which are despicable. I am deeply ashamed of everything I said, and I apologize to anyone I may have offended.”
Mr. Gibson acknowledged an ongoing battle with alcoholism and said he was taking “necessary steps to ensure my return to health.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/30/us/30gibson.html?ei=5065&en=a9ff3255b4b5afde&ex=1154923200&partner=MYWAY&pagewanted=print

Frozen Sooner
7/30/2006, 02:33 PM
I'm totally shocked.

Oh, wait. No I'm not.

FaninAma
7/30/2006, 04:11 PM
I'm totally shocked.

Oh, wait. No I'm not.

And what has Gibson done before this episode that would lead you to expect this type of behavior from the actor?:confused:

Frozen Sooner
7/30/2006, 04:19 PM
Let's see...

His assertions that he's being held down by some shadowy conspiracy in Hollywood? Is that proof enough that he's a nut?

GDC
7/30/2006, 04:21 PM
Let's see...

His assertions that he's being held down by some shadowy conspiracy in Hollywood? Is that proof enough that he's a nut?

That movie makes so much more sense now.

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/30/2006, 06:35 PM
too be fair...all wars are caused by Jews

;)

TUSooner
7/30/2006, 06:40 PM
too be fair...all wars are caused by Jews

;)

Winky noted... But I'd say that many troubles have been caused by an irrational hatred of Jews.

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/30/2006, 06:44 PM
Good old Mel see his meltdown after getting charged with a DUI (http://www.tmz.com/2006/07/28/gibsons-anti-semitic-tirade-alleged-cover-up/)

Hey Sugar Tits could you please delete this thread attacking America's greatest voice of truth and reason.

Btw, if Ann Coulter said this, William Favor would be on here saying we just don't get her sense of humor ;):pop: :pop: :pop:

LilSooner
7/30/2006, 08:12 PM
You call me sugar tits once more and you won't have a shin to stand on slappy.

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/30/2006, 08:15 PM
I think I can take you in a fight...check out my pic, that is tough!

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/30/2006, 08:17 PM
I would actually know where the origins of that one come from? :P

47straight
7/30/2006, 09:27 PM
The alleged rants about Jews do not suprise me though. It's my understanding that Gibson grew up in a very conservative Roman Catholic household.

Funny how bigotry brings out other bigotry, like the above post.

Big Red Ron
7/30/2006, 10:22 PM
Let's see...

His assertions that he's being held down by some shadowy conspiracy in Hollywood? Is that proof enough that he's a nut?Let's see almost every single major movie company is owned and/or operated by people of Jewish decent. They do hate the man for having the balls and money to make his own movie about the literal translation of that biblical episode and make more money off of it than 99% of the anti American crap they shove down our throats,

The Passion, whether or not you liked it's message was brilliant cinematography and very well produced and directed. It wasn't even nominated for one award at the Emmy's but it made more money than all of the others.

Frozen Sooner
7/30/2006, 10:42 PM
Let's see almost every single major movie company is owned and/or operated by people of Jewish decent. They do hate the man for having the balls and money to make his own movie about the literal translation of that biblical episode and make more money off of it than 99% of the anti American crap they shove down our throats,

The Passion, whether or not you liked it's message was brilliant cinematography and very well produced and directed. It wasn't even nominated for one award at the Emmy's but it made more money than all of the others.

Uh-huh.

You're right. It's the jews. They're holding Mel down. Mel's had a tough Hollywood life with all those blockbuster type movies that he didn't get cast for.

:rolleyes:

Who brought up The Passion, by the way? Mel's been ranting about how the Hollywood elite has been holding him back longer than that.

Big Red Ron
7/30/2006, 10:47 PM
Uh-huh.

You're right. It's the jews. They're holding Mel down. Mel's had a tough Hollywood life with all those blockbuster type movies that he didn't get cast for.

:rolleyes:

Who brought up The Passion, by the way? Mel's been ranting about how the Hollywood elite has been holding him back longer than that.I guess you didn't read the article in the link. It helps in the type of situations.

Frozen Sooner
7/30/2006, 10:58 PM
I guess when you quote someone and address a point that person didn't make that scores you some points. Somewhere.

Keep up with the discussion, Ron. gdc asked me why I wouldn't be surprised that Mel Gibson is an anti-Semite. I responded that he's acted like a crazy-*** several times in the past, including his alleging that he's been held back by a shadowy conspiracy. You, quoting me, then apparently felt the need to justify Mel's anti-Semitism because the original article talked about how Mel blames the Jews for The Passion not being picked up by major studios?

Ron, I'd like to think I know you well enough that you're not justifying someone being an anti-Semite, so can you do me a favor and explain exactly what you were trying to do?

Hatfield
7/30/2006, 11:05 PM
fwiw it does sound like ron is trying to find a way to give gibson a pass on his anti-semitism.

OklahomaTuba
7/31/2006, 09:01 AM
heh.

If a drunken Mel Gibson did indeed call out, "Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world," then there can be only one possible place for a man who believes such things: as the next Secretary General of the United Nations.http://frum.nationalreview.com/post/?q=ZmEwODc3N2QzZDNkNmVkYTMxMzBiNDlhZGNlM2ZhZGE=

OklahomaTuba
7/31/2006, 09:03 AM
fwiw it does sound like ron is trying to find a way to give gibson a pass on his anti-semitism.

How ironic, considering how just about every anti-American person gets the same treatment from you.

LilSooner
7/31/2006, 09:09 AM
You boys better not get my thread buhleted!

OklahomaTuba
7/31/2006, 09:10 AM
You boys better not get my thread buhleted!
;)

tbl
7/31/2006, 09:18 AM
He's battled "the disease of alcoholism" his whole life...

Make.... me.... puke....

jeremy885
7/31/2006, 09:50 AM
I guess South Park was right about Mel. At least he was flinging his own **** everywhere.

http://www.muchosucko.com/modules/Web_Links/images/links/8746.jpg

imjebus
7/31/2006, 11:09 AM
I could give two sh*ts about his belief's, it's the fact that he was a drunk on the road that offends me.

BeetDigger
7/31/2006, 11:19 AM
Sugar tits is my new favorite term. Mark this thread down in the anals of SO. "Sugar tits" is destined for SO greatness.

opksooner
7/31/2006, 11:39 AM
Sugar Tit, Kentucky.

"You can look it up."
--Yogi Berra

Pricetag
7/31/2006, 01:02 PM
I'd never drive a car again if I had the kind of money Mel Gibson has.