PDA

View Full Version : Godless Harlots or Good Clean Fun?

Rogue
7/29/2006, 02:21 PM
I don't think I'd vote for Ken Valentine if I lived in New Braunfels.
What's next, they gonna ban dancin'?

http://www.comcast.net/news/strange/index.jsp?cat=STRANGE&fn=/2006/07/28/443763.html&cvqh=wiw_strippers

Club Plans Tubing Trip With Strippers
By Associated Press
Fri Jul 28, 8:01 AM

NEW BRAUNFELS, Texas - As officials attempt to crack down on rowdy behavior during traditional summertime tubing river trips through the city, a San Antonio topless club is planning a tubing excursion featuring strippers.

Trey Maddox, a manager at Palace Men's Club, said Sunday's excursion _ during which men can pay $25 to join the strippers _ isn't meant to fly in the face of the city's new rules.

"We're not hookers, dope dealers or Mafia thugs," he said, noting that the strippers will be appropriately dressed. "We're just coming to have a good time."

City Councilman Ken Valentine isn't so sure.

"I'm really disappointed that this is going to occur on Sunday when people should be in church," he said. "I hope they behave themselves and keep their clothes on, but I'm not sure they will because strippers are trained to take off their clothes."

The New Braunfels City Council has been cracking down on rowdy behavior on the Comal and Guadalupe rivers in recent months, banning drinking devices known as beer bongs, increasing the maximum fine for noise ordinance violations and prohibiting sound amplification between 10 p.m. and 8 a.m.

A new ordinance banning containers with a liquid volume of 5 ounces or less _ an attempt to ban Jell-O shots _ will take effect after the next city council meeting.

yermom
7/29/2006, 02:34 PM
what is a trip down the river without beer bongs, Jello shots and strippers?

oh and

"I'm really disappointed that this is going to occur on Sunday when people should be in church," he said. "I hope they behave themselves and keep their clothes on, but I'm not sure they will because strippers are trained to take off their clothes."

:rolleyes:

LoyalFan
7/29/2006, 02:38 PM
I'll be too busy to make the short drive to New Braunfels, but I'm sending SAS to observe and report.

LF

Viking Kitten
7/29/2006, 03:31 PM
$25??? They could get more than that. Somebody fell down on market research.

King Crimson
7/29/2006, 03:37 PM
i thought all the moralists and conservatives were in favor of less government....but all the while in favor of "freedom".

swardboy
7/29/2006, 03:39 PM
$25??? They could get more than that. Somebody fell down on market research.

That's to "join", not "conjoin" :D