PDA

View Full Version : please pray for my dad and my family

bigdsooner
7/28/2006, 11:34 PM
his dr called him this morning and told him that he has a very high grade prostate cancer, all 12 samples came back positive. right now his docs main worry is that it has spread elsewhere. at his next appt they will tell him if it has and what kinda treatments are available, he doesnt want to tell my older brother or sister until then, but he told me and my twin brother today, ive been talking to him all night about and he seems to be taking it pretty well but his biggest concern right now is telling my bro and sis. i know there are lots of different treatments but im really scared. ive dealt with lots of issues in life but i was nowhere ready to deal with this. he's retired and he's lived with my family for the last year and has a strong bond with my kids. so please keep us in your prayers.

thanks in advance

birddog
7/28/2006, 11:41 PM
sorry to hear that. keep the faith, bro.

BajaOklahoma
7/28/2006, 11:42 PM
Thoughts and prayers.

How wonderful that you have been so close for the past year.

oumartin
7/28/2006, 11:43 PM
I'm sorry to hear that.

We have two relatives with cancer so we'll pray hard cuz we've seen that prayers really do make a difference...

stay positive for him!

noleamite
7/28/2006, 11:45 PM
Prayers and wishes to you and your family.

olevetonahill
7/29/2006, 12:06 AM
Done
the SO do seem to work a few miracles

Tailwind
7/29/2006, 12:09 AM
I'm sure the Dr's will do all they can for him. Keep the faith!

olevetonahill
7/29/2006, 12:50 AM
I just got off the phone with him
Y'all pray as hard as you can OK ?

pb4ou
7/29/2006, 12:51 AM
done, and well wishes

bigdsooner
7/29/2006, 07:18 AM
thanks for the kind thoughts and words. SF has lots of good people on the board

gotta run and help my mom move into her new house so maybe a little prayer there as well ;)

walkoffsooner
7/29/2006, 07:38 AM
count me in.

StoopTroup
7/29/2006, 09:20 AM
Prayers on the way BigD.

Make this time a positive one...no matter what the outcome...each day you have with him is another gift from God.

God Bless you and your Family.

ST

olevetonahill
8/18/2006, 05:05 PM
Update
I just talked to Daryl , he left work early today
His dads Doctor has said that the cancer has spread to his bones . Doenst sound good . Bigd is having a hard time right now .
Please keep up the prayers and such

Flagstaffsooner
8/18/2006, 05:09 PM
Sorry to hear that. Flagprayers on the way.

colleyvillesooner
8/18/2006, 05:10 PM
Done

BoogercountySooner
8/18/2006, 05:10 PM
Prayin for ya and your dad BigD!

BlondeSoonerGirl
8/18/2006, 05:15 PM
Done.

SCOUT
8/18/2006, 05:40 PM
You are in my prayers as well.

We live in the burbs of Big D too. If there is something we can do to help just say the word. I know it isn't a big deal but having something like dinner made for you just takes one more thing off the list of things to do. I would be happy to help if I can.

proud gonzo
8/18/2006, 05:42 PM
done

GottaHavePride
8/18/2006, 06:06 PM
in.

Geekboy
8/18/2006, 06:16 PM
Your dad and family are definitely in my prayers.

This prostate cancer lately almost seems like it has become an epidemic.
It's amazing how many people I know with this!

bigdsooner
8/18/2006, 08:01 PM
thanks vet, and sf for the prayers. my dad is doin okay, but i know that its really bothering him not knowing what the doc is gonna say on monday. myself, my brothers and sister are optimistic but are trying to prepare for whatever comes, and thats the hardest part.
thanks again for the prayers, please keep em coming

Newbomb Turk
8/18/2006, 08:22 PM
bigd - your dad and entire family are in my prayers. Hang in there buddy.

Sooner_Bob
8/18/2006, 08:27 PM
prayers on the way . . .

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
8/18/2006, 08:35 PM
BigD-We found out last week my dad's cancer has spread to his liver and to his brain. This is the hardest thing I have ever had to face. It's tough. Just know that so many people are here for you and we are in this together.

Newbomb Turk
8/18/2006, 08:51 PM
Just know that so many people are here for you and we are in this together.

Good call SBSB. Prayers and best wishes for your dad as well.

I have been so fortunate that my parents, both in their mid 70's, have been blessed with good health to this point. I fear the day that the phone rings and I find out that something bad has happened, or that one of them has a serious illness.

Soonerbabeinbama
8/18/2006, 08:52 PM
Life is tough sometimes guys. It's horrible loosing someone you love. I lost my dad several years ago to Alzheimer's complications. There is nothing you can say or do to make the pain any less miserable. Just keep your faith in God. That's all I can offer. It is the best answer. This is God's ballgame and we are not at all in control. He calls the shots, and we may not understand it, but it is his will. Just never lose your faith. We are all going "home" sometime, this may just be their time. I will certainly keep your family in my thoughts and prayers - whatever the outcome - know it is God's will and it is right. I pray for God's comfort and grace for your family.

olevetonahill
8/18/2006, 08:57 PM
BigD-We found out last week my dad's cancer has spread to his liver and to his brain. This is the hardest thing I have ever had to face. It's tough. Just know that so many people are here for you and we are in this together.
You and yours are included here also

On a side note I have told my DIL to inform the board here if something happens to me . Just so those that like me can cry and those that dont can kiss my *** ;)

Newbomb Turk
8/18/2006, 09:01 PM
On a side note I have told my DIL to inform the board here if something happens to me . Just so those that like me can cry and those that dont can kiss my *** ;)

Well...I don't cry, so I guess I know what I will be doing. ;)

olevetonahill
8/18/2006, 09:06 PM
Well...I don't cry, so I guess I know what I will be doing. ;)
Dont give me *** kissing after I die
I want it now :P

Newbomb Turk
8/18/2006, 09:07 PM
I want it now :P

OUT!

olevetonahill
8/18/2006, 09:13 PM
OUT!
Dont blame you, its nasty :D
so learn to cry :eek:

TUSooner
8/18/2006, 10:28 PM
bigd - your dad and entire family are in my prayers. Hang in there buddy.
Exactly.

bigdsooner
8/18/2006, 11:29 PM

sbsb, im so sorry to hear about your dads latest news, we will continue to keep him and your family in our prayers. my dad had his bone scan last week and we didnt hear anything from the doc until today, so we were pretty encouraged because we were thinking that if it was bad they wouda been on the phone asap to let him know, cause they said they would call him last monday to give him the results. when he called me today at work and told me that it was throughout his bones and in his skull, it really shook me up, i could tell in his voice that it was tearing him up, but i couldnt do or say anything to help him. on top of being scared as hell of losing one of my parents, im in a helpless situation.

i cant say thank you enough to everyone whos praying for him, but it means so much.

olevetonahill
8/18/2006, 11:34 PM
Im here Bud

bigdsooner
8/18/2006, 11:37 PM
Im here Bud

i know...hey, arent you sposed to be drunk by now? :)

olevetonahill
8/18/2006, 11:50 PM
i know...hey, arent you sposed to be drunk by now? :)
Working on it , Still have to finish this truck :eek:

bigdsooner
8/18/2006, 11:56 PM
Working on it , Still have to finish this truck :eek:

uhh, would that be the same truck that you was workin on earlier this week, soonerfans affetcs your work doesnt it...oh, and the beer too :D

olevetonahill
8/18/2006, 11:59 PM
uhh, would that be the same truck that you was workin on earlier this week, soonerfans affetcs your work doesnt it...oh, and the beer too :D
Yup on Both accounts !
:D

bigdsooner
8/19/2006, 12:08 AM
ya ever think about firing yourself?

olevetonahill
8/19/2006, 12:12 AM
ya ever think about firing yourself?
Yup
But then WHO would get drunk and NOT do the work ?:confused:

bigdsooner
8/19/2006, 12:19 AM
hey, if the pays is good enuff, i'll do it

VeeJay
8/19/2006, 01:05 AM
Prayers from here..

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
8/19/2006, 09:17 AM
I want it now :PYOU ARE AWESOME OLE VET!!

Mixer!
8/19/2006, 10:36 AM
Life is tough sometimes guys. It's horrible loosing someone you love. I lost my dad several years ago to Alzheimer's complications. There is nothing you can say or do to make the pain any less miserable. Just keep your faith in God. That's all I can offer. It is the best answer. This is God's ballgame and we are not at all in control. He calls the shots, and we may not understand it, but it is his will. Just never lose your faith. We are all going "home" sometime, this may just be their time. I will certainly keep your family in my thoughts and prayers - whatever the outcome - know it is God's will and it is right. I pray for God's comfort and grace for your family.
That says it perfectly. Prayers for you & your family, bigd.

bigdsooner
8/22/2006, 09:50 PM
we got good news/bad news yesterday at my dads appointment, he has terminal cancer. but the doc said that he does have some time, he just doesnt know how much. because of the aggressiveness of this cancer and it spreading to his bones, he said that chemo would do no good. so it looks like my dad is gonna have to start taking hormone pills to stop his testasterone production. the doc said that this has shown some pretty good results for men with this type of cancer as far as slowing it down, but it does have some pretty bad side affects in some people. he also said that if he didnt take the pills that he would be lucky to live 2 years at this rate. so they'll just continue to monitor it and see what happens.
thanks for all the prayers, please continue.

OCUDad
8/22/2006, 11:00 PM
The only upside to this is knowing you still have some quality time left with your Dad. Make the most of it. Prayers and good thoughts to your family.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
8/23/2006, 07:56 AM
prayers still w. ya!

Tailwind
8/23/2006, 01:37 PM
Damn!