PDA

View Full Version : I Think I've Been Stood Up By the Flaming Lips...

Pages : [1] 2

SicEmBaylor
7/28/2006, 08:19 PM
So..
I'd made plans to spend this weekend in Branson with this girl. I made these plans sometime in advance and asked if she was sure this date was fine and it was always a "yes." So, last night I was suppose to call her to confirm where to pick her up at tomorrow morning, what time, etc. and she hasn't answered her cell. The phone is on, and I left messages each time.

I've tried to get ahold of her all day and nadda. :-(
The thing is..I've already paid for the hotel room, the tickets to silver dollar city and celebration city, etc. Plus, this weekend is my annual retreat in Texas on S. Padre that I was technically suppose to go to as the new chairman of Baylor. I look forward to this retreat all year, but I figured I'd have an even better time with her.

This just sucks. I guess if I don't hear from her tonight then it's definitely off since I'd have to leave town at 5am. I'm not sure what to do now so I've been looking for other people to go but most of them have plans.

I guess I'm just screwed. Why do women have to be that way? If she didn't want to go or couldn't why not just be direct and let me know? Why purposely screw me over by leaving things in the air. This is my first "venture" at dating since my last disasterous relationship. I had given up on putting out any effort, but I figured she was different adn worth the risk. I just give up.

oumartin
7/28/2006, 08:20 PM
i just rolled off her.. she says she call you in a bit.

noleamite
7/28/2006, 08:24 PM
lmao martin

Rogue
7/28/2006, 08:24 PM
Sic'Em,
Hopefully there's a good explanation for this.
My grandpa's explanation had something to do with boobs and wheels...

mrowl
7/28/2006, 08:26 PM
you can always crash an aggie wedding.

But to fit in make sure you wear overalls, and don't shower before you go.

VeeJay
7/28/2006, 08:28 PM
There is only one thing to do at this point. She is due for a good old fashioned stalking.

OUinFLA
7/28/2006, 08:29 PM
Maybe some hawt young chic will knock on your door..........
This time let her in.

royalfan5
7/28/2006, 08:31 PM
Was this your first date? If so, a trip seems excessive.

mdklatt
7/28/2006, 08:34 PM
as the new chairman of Baylor

Wass that? :confused:

Why do women have to be that way? If she didn't want to go or couldn't why not just be direct and let me know? Why purposely screw me over by leaving things in the air.

Women never want to "hurt your feelings", even if the alternative--dicking you around until you go away on your own--is worse. Plus, if they do it this way they can absolve themselves of guilt because it's your fault you didn't read the signs. I imagine they get together with their girlfriends and laugh and laugh about how dumb boys are when we can't read their mixed signals.

But I'm not bitter or anything. :D

King Crimson
7/28/2006, 08:36 PM
go to Padre. it hurts this girl has not even enough courage to call you back if she's bailing (unless there are some prevailing circumstances there is no way to about now).

you have a life, live it. nothing is optimal about the situation and you'll be ****ed off the whole time, but that's all you can do.

and Royalfan makes a good point. maybe just coffee or something?

SoonerInKCMO
7/28/2006, 08:38 PM
Wass that? :confused:

Women never want to "hurt your feelings", even if the alternative--dicking you around until you go away on your own--is worse. Plus, if they do it this way they can absolve themselves of guilt because it's your fault you didn't read the signs. I imagine they get together with their girlfriends and laugh and laugh about how dumb boys are when we can't read their mixed signals.

But I'm not bitter or anything. :D

The :mad: emoticon isn't :mad: enough to show how :mad: it makes me when they do that.

MamaMia
7/28/2006, 08:39 PM
SicEm, thats awful. How rude! :mad:

I hope she wasn't involved in a car accident or something though? :confused:

Do you want me to try to call her? If she answers I will gladly tell her off and call her names and stuff, if you like.

mdklatt
7/28/2006, 08:41 PM
go to Padre.

Once you're there, find some vaguely slutty chick and tell her your story of despair. Start crying and say you're not sure if you can ever trust a woman again. YWIA. :texan:

mdklatt
7/28/2006, 08:41 PM
The :mad: emoticon isn't :mad: enough to show how :mad: it makes me when they do that.

That's what :bsmf: is for.

oumartin
7/28/2006, 08:43 PM
what SicEm has not told us is that he gave the girl his credit card number and a large sum of money ($1,100) to be exact to make all the arrangements...
what a sucker!
if you need someone to go in her place I've got someone in mind that I'm tired of and you might like her.

birddog
7/28/2006, 08:46 PM
did you tell her you were going to pick her up on that snazzy scooter you were eyeing? maybe had something to do with that.

OUinFLA
7/28/2006, 08:49 PM
Once you're there, find some vaguely slutty chick and tell her your story of despair. Start crying and say you're not sure if you can ever trust a woman again. YWIA. :texan:

Or just go there and find a working woman, give her some bucks and forget about the whinning and crying.

dolemitesooner
7/28/2006, 08:52 PM
Wo sicem I would ****ing choke a bitch thats what I would do

oumartin
7/28/2006, 08:52 PM
then put her to work on the corner!

SoonerInKCMO
7/28/2006, 08:55 PM
That's what :bsmf: is for.

:D

Yo, Sic'Em... tell us more about your history with this woman. Y'all spent much time together before? Why Silver Dollar City?

afs
7/28/2006, 08:57 PM
SicEm, thats awful. How rude! :mad:

I hope she wasn't involved in a car accident or something though? :confused:

Do you want me to try to call her? If she answers I will gladly tell her off and call her names and stuff, if you like.

provided she's not in the hospital or on the side of a road, that's plain awful.

Mom has the best idea, just post her # on the board and we'll help you out.

:texan:

oumartin
7/28/2006, 08:58 PM
he'd post it but he made this date with a 1-900 girl.

pb4ou
7/28/2006, 09:00 PM
Post a pic of her on the fark board and we'll let her have it. :D

BajaOklahoma
7/28/2006, 09:00 PM
SicEm, sorry, but you should have been talking to her weekly. That would assure her that you still wanted to go on the trip.

afs
7/28/2006, 09:01 PM
wait, maybe Brad Pitt Sic'em is already on a date with her and Edward Norton Sic'em doesn't have a clue what is going on.

mdklatt
7/28/2006, 09:05 PM
SicEm, sorry, but you should have been talking to her weekly. That would assure her that you still wanted to go on the trip.

See what I mean??

OUinFLA
7/28/2006, 09:11 PM
Was she hawt?

skycat
7/28/2006, 09:15 PM
I'd check Czar and VK's freezer.

SoonerInKCMO
7/28/2006, 09:17 PM

Right. Like taking the time to do the planning and dropping the coin for everything wasn't assurance enough. :rolleyes: Even if she wasn't assured of his unending ardor, that doesn't excuse her for not returning his calls the day before they planned to go.

yermom
7/28/2006, 09:18 PM
go to Padre. it hurts this girl has not even enough courage to call you back if she's bailing (unless there are some prevailing circumstances there is no way to about now).

you have a life, live it. nothing is optimal about the situation and you'll be ****ed off the whole time, but that's all you can do.

and Royalfan makes a good point. maybe just coffee or something?

word.

what is it about bitches and coffee? ;)

i'm thinking a couple of drunken make-out sessions should probably preclude sharing a hotel room

SicEmBaylor
7/28/2006, 09:20 PM
Well, I called again and still no result.

Here's teh plan..

Like I said, the hotel and tickets and all that are already paid for so someone has to go. I'm gonig to go ahead and go up there on my own and leave a message on her phone telling her that I'm going up there and if she decides to come then great. So, I'll just chill out at the hotel for awhile and see if she comes. If not then she doesn't and I went through a lot of trouble and money for nothing.

I'm gonig to leave around 5-6am and take my laptop so I'll keep you all advised. I may even post a pic of my lonely *** sitting in the hotel room by myself drinking the bottle of champagne I arranged to have on ice by myself as well.

If any of you hillbillies are going to be Branson's way tomorrow then I apparently have 1 free ticket to Silver Dollar City and Celebration City. Have a rockin' good time in the hillbilly capital with SicEm!

ehh..this is getting me nowhere.

oumartin
7/28/2006, 09:23 PM
Do i have to put out if i show up?
Cuz i aint diggin' that.

yermom
7/28/2006, 09:25 PM
Cuz i aint diggin' that.

is that what you guys are calling it now?

skycat
7/28/2006, 09:25 PM
Cuz i aint diggin' that.

I bet he'd settle for a good snuggle.

:twinkies:

SicEmBaylor
7/28/2006, 09:26 PM
Cuz i aint diggin' that.
The same policy applies to you as it did her. I have no expectations, but I wouldn't say no either. ;)

Kidding.

PhilTLL
7/28/2006, 09:27 PM

Here's teh plan..

Like I said, the hotel and tickets and all that are already paid for so someone has to go. I'm gonig to go ahead and go up there on my own and leave a message on her phone telling her that I'm going up there and if she decides to come then great. So, I'll just chill out at the hotel for awhile and see if she comes. If not then she doesn't and I went through a lot of trouble and money for nothing.

I'm gonig to leave around 5-6am and take my laptop so I'll keep you all advised. I may even post a pic of my lonely *** sitting in the hotel room by myself drinking the bottle of champagne I arranged to have on ice by myself as well.

If any of you hillbillies are going to be Branson's way tomorrow then I apparently have 1 free ticket to Silver Dollar City and Celebration City. Have a rockin' good time in the hillbilly capital with SicEm!

ehh..this is getting me nowhere.

(1) I don't think "I'm going ahead, if you want to make a several-hour drive by yourself to make good on your plans" is going to work either, unfortunately.

(2) Re: the champagne, please tell me this is not a first date. Or even a first serious date.

SicEmBaylor
What makes it worse is that my cousin lives in Purcell, so I drove to Purcell tonight becuase she said she thought she could go with me. I get here and she got called into work so the 3 hour drive to central OK was a waste. So, now I guess I'll drive home...

skycat
The same policy applies to you as it did her. I have no expectations, but I wouldn't say no either. ;)

Kidding.

You know, Freud says we're never "kidding".

SicEmBaylor
(1) I don't think "I'm going ahead, if you want to make a several-hour drive by yourself to make good on your plans" is going to work either, unfortunately.

(2) Re: the champagne, please tell me this is not a first date. Or even a first serious date.

Not a first.

oumartin
7/28/2006, 09:29 PM
my warden has a cousin in branson.. shall i call?

mdklatt
7/28/2006, 09:33 PM
myself drinking the bottle of champagne I arranged to have on ice

What's the backstory on this again? Seems like an awful lot of effort for a first date.

mdklatt
7/28/2006, 09:35 PM
What makes it worse is that my cousin lives in Purcell, so I drove to Purcell tonight becuase she said she thought she could go with me.

Damn. Branson...female cousin...you really are just a f'in hillbilly aren't ya?

skycat
7/28/2006, 09:35 PM
What's the backstory on this again? Seems like an awful lot of effort for a first date.

Indeed.

The only time I've ever arranged for chilled champagne in a hotel room, I asked my wife to marry me.

:hot: :hot: :hot:

mdklatt
7/28/2006, 09:37 PM
The only time I've ever arranged for chilled champagne in a hotel room, I asked my wife to marry me.

Why would you propose to your wife? :confused:

skycat
7/28/2006, 09:43 PM
Why would you propose to your wife? :confused:

Hey man, whatever it takes.

OUinFLA
7/28/2006, 09:46 PM
What did you propose?

oumartin
7/28/2006, 09:47 PM
i never propsed to my wife..
I just found out one day i was gettin' married.

soonerboomer93
7/28/2006, 09:48 PM
better invite melo real quick ;)

olevetonahill
7/28/2006, 09:48 PM
Hey man, whatever it takes.

I found my last ex asleep on the couch . grabbed a big ole bottle of aspirn
pinched her nose shut , when she opened her mouth I poured em in :D
She woke up spluttering ( is that a word ?) said "what the hell are you doing " ? I said Im getting rid of your headache .
She said I dont Have a headache
I say Great lets **** :D

mdklatt
7/28/2006, 09:49 PM

http://www.utsler.com/zed/archives/ept.jpg

skycat
7/28/2006, 09:49 PM
What did you propose?

:hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot:

oumartin
7/28/2006, 09:50 PM
actually no,
she just decided she was gonna get married and started arranging it..

olevetonahill
7/28/2006, 09:56 PM
actually no,
she just decided she was gonna get married and started arranging it..
Beyounce
Give us her Cell # and we will call her :D

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/28/2006, 10:02 PM
better invite melo real quick ;)

And you think this isn't Melo...because ;)

skycat
7/28/2006, 10:26 PM
And you think this isn't Melo...because ;)

sanantoniosooner
7/28/2006, 10:31 PM
same here.

17 years later, and I'm afraid to bring up the technicality.

ChickSoonerFan
7/28/2006, 10:53 PM

Agreed. Surely he spoke with her since making the plans weeks ago.

Paperclip
7/28/2006, 11:41 PM
Do not go see The Shepherd of the Hills.

You're welcome.

SicEmBaylor
7/29/2006, 12:50 AM
Do not go see any show

You're welcome.

Fixed.

Yes, I spoke to her about this Friday and told her I'd arrange the details with her this week.

Well, what can you do...I'm going to Branson anyway. I've already paid for this damned trip so I'm getting some satisfaction out of it. Are there any good singles places in Branson for a 23 year old bachelor on the prowel?

Oh gawd this is pathetic.

Frozen Sooner
7/29/2006, 01:04 AM
Well, that depends of if you mind ****ing an 80 year old.

achiro
7/29/2006, 01:29 AM
Since you are like wanting to run the country and stuff I thought now may be a good time to teach you a new phrase.

PPPPPP-Proper Planning Prevents Pi$$-Poor Performance.

Boomhauer
7/29/2006, 06:20 AM
Well, that depends of if you mind ****ing an 80 year old.

CLASSIC!!!!! Spek!

SicEmBaylor
7/29/2006, 06:26 AM
Since you are like wanting to run the country and stuff I thought now may be a good time to teach you a new phrase.

PPPPPP-Proper Planning Prevents Pi$$-Poor Performance.

Proper planning?

I bought the tickets a month ago, went ahead and paid for the hotel room in full so there would be no question lost reservations, I scheduled everything out almost to the hour from the time that I'd be picking her up until we arrived at Silver Dollar City-when we left SDC-when we arrived at Celebration City-when we left Celebration Citi-Then I emailed the Branson Chamber of Commerce for a list of restaurants that would be open late and then organized them based on type of food, distance from the hotel, and distance from the parks. I contacted each one of those restaurants individually to confirm that their hours had not changed. I then contacted the hotel myself to see what champagnes were available (the list was not so great) and arranged with the Assistant Manager to have things set up to my specifications for the evening when we arrive back not in the morning when we check in. I wanted to avoid having champagne on ice all day that would melt before we got in.

I also have 2-3 maps of Branson printed out with primary routes and secondary routes to and from the hotels and parks depending on congestion. Those maps also include little red "stars" indicating the restaurants I contacted which reference back to a Restaurant Guide I made up of each place.

I not only confirmed all of these details with her weeks ago, but did so one last time Friday before telling her I'd call this week for the final, "go", times, and locations.

You know little about me, so I'll tell you this..I'm the least spontaneous person you will ever meet in your life. I don't even spontaneously decide to take a **** without having it scheduled and planned out in advane.

Now, I am off to Branson!

Tiptonsooner
7/29/2006, 08:24 AM
That's gotta suck....sorry dude.

mrowl
7/29/2006, 08:32 AM
"little red stars" ?????????

NERD ALERT!!!

your suppose to relax on vacation, not worry about traffic and stuff.

StoopTroup
7/29/2006, 09:01 AM
SicEm...

Things happen for a reason.

I bet you meet a nice girl while your there.

Chin Up.

Quit telling girls you go to Baylor...it might help. ;)

BudSooner
7/29/2006, 09:04 AM
Sheesh, guys you aren't helping him...lemme take it from here.
Walk in to a cheap chinese eatery(dammit there are some around there)unzip your pants and tell the hottest chick in there that you want some moosho.
then proceed to waving your **** around.
Later, ask her if she wants to be a member of the "hole in the wall gang"
if she does say yes, stick her head thru the wall and do it in da butt. :D

birddog
7/29/2006, 10:07 AM
did you forget to ask her her name and then call her mulva?

screw it, i'd go too. still, it would bother the hell outta me that this happened. i don't like it when people don't like me. i cry like a school girl.

SoonerInKCMO
7/29/2006, 12:18 PM
Proper planning?

I bought the tickets a month ago, went ahead and paid for the hotel room in full so there would be no question lost reservations, I scheduled everything out almost to the hour from the time that I'd be picking her up until we arrived at Silver Dollar City-when we left SDC-when we arrived at Celebration City-when we left Celebration Citi-Then I emailed the Branson Chamber of Commerce for a list of restaurants that would be open late and then organized them based on type of food, distance from the hotel, and distance from the parks. I contacted each one of those restaurants individually to confirm that their hours had not changed. I then contacted the hotel myself to see what champagnes were available (the list was not so great) and arranged with the Assistant Manager to have things set up to my specifications for the evening when we arrive back not in the morning when we check in. I wanted to avoid having champagne on ice all day that would melt before we got in.

I also have 2-3 maps of Branson printed out with primary routes and secondary routes to and from the hotels and parks depending on congestion. Those maps also include little red "stars" indicating the restaurants I contacted which reference back to a Restaurant Guide I made up of each place.

I not only confirmed all of these details with her weeks ago, but did so one last time Friday before telling her I'd call this week for the final, "go", times, and locations.

You know little about me, so I'll tell you this..I'm the least spontaneous person you will ever meet in your life. I don't even spontaneously decide to take a **** without having it scheduled and planned out in advane.

Really? :D

BudSooner
7/29/2006, 12:23 PM
Or, you could introduce your johnson to one of the local wimmin as the "origninal bald knobber" :D

Scott D
7/29/2006, 12:28 PM
ok this thread is funnier than the bald white guys thread.

Rogue
7/29/2006, 12:31 PM
Sicem. I don't like to give much advice, but if this unfortunate scenario ever repeats itself, I would NOT leave her a msg saying "come on over to Branson if you want". Once the sicem train leaves the station, either she's on board or she's not but by no means does she still have the invitation to join. You might hook up or not, but she missed her chance.

Of course, a semi hardass policy like this leaves you looking like an *** when she tells you that on her way to the hospital, the ambulance driver stepped on her cell phone and that when she got out she was going to call you but stopped to check her messages first and heard from you that you were by-god-leavin' with or without her and then from Mom that she's a no-good snail track draggin' ho without the manners god gave to a turnip.

BudSooner
7/29/2006, 12:32 PM
Scott that av of yours is killing me. :D

****, just get it over and leave a horses head in her bed.
http://kropserkel.com/Images/horsehead%20(1).jpg
http://kropserkel.com/horse_head_pillow.htm

Jerk
7/29/2006, 12:46 PM
Poor SicEm

Go up there and when you get bored being lonely, look in the phone book under "escort services."

Hey, I'm not encouraging anything, and I know you must be a religious man, going to Baylor and all, but King Solomon was the wisest man ever according to the Bible. He had 500 wives and 1000 concubines. Hey....the average Joe can live a little sometimes, right?

Seriously, I've never been with a prostitute. About 12 years ago I got so desperate in Las Vegas that I came close, I just didn't have enough money LOL! Anyway, it would be cheaper than marriage, but I was always worried about the AIDS thing.

BudSooner
7/29/2006, 01:04 PM
Missouri prostitutes.....brrrrrr. :eek:

Flagstaffsooner
7/29/2006, 01:14 PM
I found my last ex asleep on the couch . grabbed a big ole bottle of aspirn
pinched her nose shut , when she opened her mouth I poured em in :D
She woke up spluttering ( is that a word ?) said "what the hell are you doing " ? I said Im getting rid of your headache .
She said I dont Have a headache
I say Great lets **** :DThis belongs on the romantics thread.

the_ouskull
7/29/2006, 01:38 PM
Sic'Em...

http://blogs.newsok.com/index.php?blog=19&p=1237&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

If that doens't help you, then you're in a lot of trouble. If nothing else, it'll make you feel better to read it, I'm sure.

the_ouskull

yermom
7/29/2006, 01:50 PM
Missouri prostitutes.....brrrrrr. :eek:

again, as long as you don't mind ****ing 80 year olds...

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
7/29/2006, 01:56 PM
I think the word you are looking for to describe yourself, SicEm is "anal retentive."

MamaMia
7/29/2006, 02:23 PM
Fixed.

Yes, I spoke to her about this Friday and told her I'd arrange the details with her this week.

Well, what can you do...I'm going to Branson anyway. I've already paid for this damned trip so I'm getting some satisfaction out of it. Are there any good singles places in Branson for a 23 year old bachelor on the prowel?

Oh gawd this is pathetic.
Dollys always looking for a good time. :D

LoyalFan
7/29/2006, 02:41 PM
Here, Aldonza, take the damned phone and talk to Sic. It's the least you can do. We'll finish the hat trick afterward.

VeeJay
7/29/2006, 02:45 PM
Hopefully, here on Saturday afternoon, you're there and have had an opportunity to hook up with some type of hillbilly gal.

Just revisiting this - how long you known this girl? Even though she's giving you the MIA treatment, a weekend out of town in a hotel room is something that usually comes along, say, after you two have already well, you know....

She may be thinking a weekend out of town where you've paid for everything puts her in an obligation to put out. But, she should have told you upfront that it was not appropriate for this stage in your r'ship - if there is one. I'd have to say I'm not surprised this has happened to you. I mean, if everything went according to your plan and expectations, now THERE would be a story.

LoyalFan
7/29/2006, 02:49 PM
Now in stain-resistant paper...back! "Portnoy Goes To Branson!"

Heh

LF

BudSooner
7/29/2006, 03:08 PM
Now in stain-resistant paper...back! "Portnoy Goes To Branson!"

Heh

LF
http://forums.racingstalkers.com/phpbb/images/smiles/crackup.gifhttp://forums.racingstalkers.com/phpbb/images/smiles/funny.gif

olevetonahill
7/29/2006, 03:11 PM
She just woke up and smelled the coffee . Couldn't stand the thought of spending the whole weekend with a political Geek :D

Hatfield
7/29/2006, 03:20 PM
and here you thought you were going to have a romantic getaway before the slammer.

BudSooner
7/29/2006, 04:42 PM
She just woke up and smelled the coffee . Couldn't stand the thought of spending the whole weekend with a political Geek :D

http://img61.photobucket.com/albums/v185/MemoryLane/bolt.gif

StoopTroup
7/29/2006, 05:02 PM
Proper planning?

SicEm...

Are you obsessive-compulsive?

Sounds to me like she might have liked a little spontaneity.

I have a friend that nails down every detail too and he drives people absolutely freakin' crazy.

Lighten up a little and go have some fun man.

Take this test SicEm (http://www.queendom.com/tests/minitests/fx/spontaneity.html)

Viking Kitten
7/29/2006, 05:04 PM
Sicem,

Now, I'm not sure what a trip to Branson costs, and with any luck I never will, but my grandma goes there so I doubt it's all that much, and anyway, you have to admit that it's probably a small price to pay to learn what this girl's all about this early on... before you went and got all emotionally attached or something.

What she did was rude, and the chances of there being a legitimate excuse for this are extremely slim. People can always call. Move on immediately. In fact, to assist in this capacity, you prolly should have gone to Padre instead of Branson when you realized Yainch Girl was gonna no show.

Chalk this up as a learning experience. The lessons here are:

1) Who the **** goes to Branson?

2) Don't plan out of town trips anywhere with a girl with whom you are not involved in a serious relationship.

3) You said you last spoke to her a week ago and told her you would call her the day before to confirm a "final go." If you went to the trouble of all that planning, not to mention paying, a "final go" should have been presupposed. That gave her the option of backing out.

4) Never, ever, under pain of death, leave more than one message on a girl's voicemail. Never. If she doesn't return it... she is not interested. It's that simple. There is no mixed message here. And know that if you do leave more than one unreturned message, then yes... she and her friends probably are laughing at you. At the bare minimum she is rolling her eyes at you.

5) Your self esteem is worth way more than a couple of Silver Dollar City tickets, and critical to getting future dates with other girls who aren't total bitches. Girls don't want arrogance, but lack of self confidence is a total turn off. Do not not let this experience bring you down. Do not continue to call this girl. She's a bitch, you are better off without her in your life, there are plenty of better ones out there.

StoopTroup
7/29/2006, 05:09 PM
Sicem,

it's probably a small price to pay to learn what this girl's all about this early on... before you went and got all emotionally attached or something.

Very true.

2) Don't plan out of town trips anywhere with a girl with whom you are not involved in a serious relationship.

Not only that...but if it's a big trip make sure it's somewhere she's dreamed of visiting. Make her dreams come true and your dream of not being alone will come true.

OUinFLA
7/29/2006, 05:18 PM
Did you happen to mention that you were supposed to be at that convention down Padre Island way?
Maybe one of you is confused and she is waiting down there in Padre to meet you.
Of course if that is true, she has probably hooked up with the sub you sent down there in your place and he is nailing her like a hurricane window boarding party.

Hatfield
7/29/2006, 05:58 PM
kill

her.

Mjcpr
7/29/2006, 06:04 PM
Do you know if your hotel has Spanktravision?

(Just kidding, Sicem...I know that sucks. I agree with everything VK said; especially the forget her and move along part).

StoopTroup
7/29/2006, 06:09 PM
If she has a Sister...

Take her to Disneyland.

RacerX
7/29/2006, 09:29 PM
Dear VK, Branson ain't all that ****ing bad. Especially for the kids.

yermom
7/29/2006, 09:33 PM
yeah, if you are 80

or Ned Flanders

seriously though, it's one of the last places i can imagine going on a first romantic getaway though, especially someone SicEm's age

he totally should have made a poll or something ;)

Melo
7/29/2006, 09:49 PM
First of all, I already gave you my condolences online.

And considering the other little fact you told me about awhile back, I hate to say this, but I told you so.

I know I have talked about this enough with you, so it makes me wonder why you still wont believe me: girls suck. Most of them are liars, who will say what they need to to get them what they want, attention, etc etc. She's no different, and I told you that earlier.

THAT being said, I really am sorry to hear that. Also, IMing me saying 'I am so f**king ****ed.' and then just signing off doesnt do much for me in regards to the whole 'Melo/SicEm friendship' thing. That, added with the whole issue with you speking and PMing me asking 'wtf is wrong' with me... youre on thin ice, Mister.

Chill out, get ready to go back to school, get ready for football season. I'm coming to Waco for a game, so look forward to that. Forget about the beyonce.

soonerboomer93
7/29/2006, 10:30 PM
doh

mdklatt
7/29/2006, 10:53 PM

And considering the other little fact you told me about awhile back, I hate to say this, but I told you so.

We all thought it was you. :confused:

;)

I'm coming to Waco for a game, so look forward to that.

:texan: :hot:

Melo
7/29/2006, 10:55 PM
^^Haha

soonerboomer93
7/29/2006, 11:05 PM
i knew it wasn't melo, she's not the branson type ;)

(but apparently the only one involved that's the branson type is sic 'em)

Scott D
7/29/2006, 11:30 PM

I know I have talked about this enough with you, so it makes me wonder why you still wont believe me: girls suck. Most of them are liars, who will say what they need to to get them what they want, attention, etc etc. She's no different, and I told you that earlier.

THAT being said, I really am sorry to hear that. Also, IMing me saying 'I am so f**king ****ed.' and then just signing off doesnt do much for me in regards to the whole 'Melo/SicEm friendship' thing. That, added with the whole issue with you speking and PMing me asking 'wtf is wrong' with me... youre on thin ice, Mister.

Chill out, get ready to go back to school, get ready for football season. I'm coming to Waco for a game, so look forward to that. Forget about the beyonce.

this qualify as being Melpwned?

soonerboomer93
7/30/2006, 12:28 AM
most definitely

Octavian
7/30/2006, 01:02 AM
I've read absolutely none of this thread but...

Branson is the Ned Flanders of vacation hotspots.

If someone has already brought this to your attention then lemme know.

yermom
7/30/2006, 01:22 AM
I've read absolutely none of this thread but...

Branson is the Ned Flanders of vacation hotspots.

If someone has already brought this to your attention then lemme know.

*ahem*

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1464744&postcount=96

Octavian
7/30/2006, 01:27 AM
heh....not surprised.

Everyone knows I meant everyone besides yermom anyways.

geez.

You takin notes, Sic? ;)

Vaevictis
7/30/2006, 01:39 AM
Dude goes to Baylor, the Ned Flanders of colleges.

Is anyone really suprised?

Octavian
7/30/2006, 01:46 AM
Dude goes to Baylor, the Ned Flanders of colleges.

Is anyone really suprised?

Carlton.

Banks.

tulsaoilerfan
7/30/2006, 02:15 AM
Any updates from Sic Em?

olevetonahill
7/30/2006, 02:31 AM
Any updates from Sic Em?
I think hes drinking that wine and whining ,maybe playing with the bottle ?

Melo
7/30/2006, 03:01 AM
SicEm quit talking to me after the incident where I made a joke about his sexuality. He said something to me once about being mad, but signed off right after that.

I dont know whats going on with him... but I still say I am right. Haha.

(Seriously, SicEm... you know I hope you feel better about it all).

Rusher
7/30/2006, 03:21 AM
Yo dude, based on your problem, I'll share my 2 cents:

I don't know how long you guys has been dating, but going to hotel and expensive trip is a HORRIBLE move, because it puts her under heavy pressure that's extremely difficult to get away from. It literally screams that you want to be in long term relationship right NOW, because otherwise you wouldn't have gone that far to set it up. My assumption is that right now she's still not sure about you but you moved in too fast without reading her signal properly. Plus, expensive dates forces both of you guys to execute everything perfectly which is another big pressure on her back that she doesn't want. If I were you, I start small like say, shopping on the mall which is cheaper yet 100x more fun and interactive than sitting on dining table for 2 hours getting to know each other.

The second mistake you make after being stood up is calling her repeatedly. It conveys extreme neediness and desperation (hope you're not :) ) and it repels her further away from you. You should have called her only once and tell her calmly on her answering machine that being stood up is a turn off for you and you expect her to behave better than that. Leave her alone for a week or two then call her back. But NEVER ever bring up that issue again (well, a little if necessary) because it will make you a grudgey-kind-of-guy, which is a trait of insecurity by itself. Talk about something else instead.

From the way it looks, you're already lost her unless you pull a miraculous damage control. I've seen it done quite a few times before, so who knows...

In terms of dating to general, I never bother to ask a "yes/no" question when it comes to asking for dates:
1) The question allows girl to answer "no" which is not what you want anyway. So the best way to avoid is by never asking for it.
2) Yes or no means that you aren't dominant enough to make decision. Would any girl like to hang out with a guy who's indecisive?

If I'd like to take a girl out, I'd just say "let's go out", provided that I read all her signals correctly beforehand. Otherwise, I'd reserve the dating thingy until he gives some sort a green light or implicit invitation for a date.

Hope that helps.

Rusher
7/30/2006, 03:22 AM
BTW, ignore my reply above cuz it's only a joke ;)

OUinFLA
7/30/2006, 08:33 AM
The second mistake you make after being stood up is calling her repeatedly. It conveys extreme neediness and desperation (hope you're not :) .

The boy is facing possible long term incarceration due to mismanagement of campaign funds :eek: Of course he's extremely needy and desperate.

However, in his next residence, Im sure he will meet someone who will cure that problem :D

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
7/30/2006, 09:38 AM
I bet she's mad that he invited her to branson instead of padre.

soonerboomer93
7/30/2006, 10:18 AM
but didn't some of us originally advise him to invite her to padre?

OCUDad
7/30/2006, 10:21 AM
Frankly, I would love to hear her side of the story. :rolleyes:

BudSooner
7/30/2006, 10:32 AM
http://www.chrlen.ch/gl/images/smilies/popcorn.gif

MamaMia
7/30/2006, 10:36 AM
Frankly, I would love to hear her side of the story. :rolleyes:I offered to phone her up, but Sic'Em whined right over that. :P

Bottom line though, unless shes in a coma, there is absolutely no excuse whatsoever for leading a fellow on and not calling to cancel. She has the manners of an alley cat. Shes not worthy of Sic'Ems affections.

yermom
7/30/2006, 12:45 PM
I offered to phone her up, but Sic'Em whined right over that. :P

Bottom line though, unless shes in a coma, there is absolutely no excuse whatsoever for leading a fellow on and not calling to cancel. She has the manners of an alley cat. Shes not worthy of Sic'Ems affections.

hey SicEm, is it ok if i call her?

too soon?

;)

SicEmBaylor
7/30/2006, 02:58 PM
Poor SicEm

Go up there and when you get bored being lonely, look in the phone book under "escort services."

Hey, I'm not encouraging anything, and I know you must be a religious man, going to Baylor and all, but King Solomon was the wisest man ever according to the Bible. He had 500 wives and 1000 concubines. Hey....the average Joe can live a little sometimes, right?

Seriously, I've never been with a prostitute. About 12 years ago I got so desperate in Las Vegas that I came close, I just didn't have enough money LOL! Anyway, it would be cheaper than marriage, but I was always worried about the AIDS thing.

Appreciated, but I'm not a religous guy. :D
So, uh what was that number? j/k

SicEmBaylor
7/30/2006, 03:11 PM
Well, I just got back. This is the last report I'm giving on this situation. I'm too ****ed off.

Melo, I had to get off after telling you that because a friend called and needed to pick him up. Should have said where I was going, but I was in a hurry. I don't purposely run out on coversations, but I do have a bad habit of not telling everyone I'm talking to exactly where I'm going if I leave. Nothing was intended by it..just me being rude I guess.

As for the situation let me wrap up the jest of most of the questions by answering it this way..

This wasn't the first time we'd seen each other. She knew of and approved of all of these plans a month ago and told me she was excited about going, etc. She never said anything that would indicate she didn't want to go.

I still have not heard from her. I'm open to the possibility something important came up, but even if it did she could give me a 30 second phone call. I went ahead and drove to Branson but it was a damned waste of time.

I've decided that I'm going to try being an ******* instead of a nice guy.

That is all.

p.s. I am a bit OCD and probably a little "anal retentive" as well. ;)

Octavian
7/30/2006, 03:15 PM
I've decided that I'm going to try being an ******* instead of a nice guy.

good decision, my friend....your failures will soon end.

women only say they like nice guys.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
7/30/2006, 03:26 PM
You know I've really just had silly things to say in this. Now I will be serious. A few years ago, I was stood up by a guy who I had been out with a few times. I kept wanting to think something had come up, maybe he was laid up in the hospital or dead or something.

A week or so later he emailed me to tell me he had, in the course of that week: 1) Taken a leave of absence from his job for outpatient care of his depression 2) Reconciled with his ex-girlfriend plus a litany of other excuses.

I returned his email and said I was sorry he had a ****ty week, but in all my years I had been out with several jerks, but this was the first time I'd ever been stood up. It was humiliating, but I knew I'd dodged a bullet.

Every once in a while, he still emails me and he's still off and on with that ex. One week things are awesome with them and the next she's a raving biatch. I know now that I would have kicked him to the curb pretty quickly because I can't stand such drama and I know he creates a lot of it.

So anyway, as much as it succs, sounds like she did you a favor.

SicEmBaylor
7/30/2006, 04:03 PM
You know I've really just had silly things to say in this. Now I will be serious. A few years ago, I was stood up by a guy who I had been out with a few times. I kept wanting to think something had come up, maybe he was laid up in the hospital or dead or something.

A week or so later he emailed me to tell me he had, in the course of that week: 1) Taken a leave of absence from his job for outpatient care of his depression 2) Reconciled with his ex-girlfriend plus a litany of other excuses.

I returned his email and said I was sorry he had a ****ty week, but in all my years I had been out with several jerks, but this was the first time I'd ever been stood up. It was humiliating, but I knew I'd dodged a bullet.

Every once in a while, he still emails me and he's still off and on with that ex. One week things are awesome with them and the next she's a raving biatch. I know now that I would have kicked him to the curb pretty quickly because I can't stand such drama and I know he creates a lot of it.

So anyway, as much as it succs, sounds like she did you a favor.

I used to have a backbone with girls; I wasn't always totally sackless. But, I dated a girl for 5 years that I loved more than anything in the world so I got used to not getting mad about anything but I've got to regain my backbone. I'm tired of this crap.

Seriously, henceforth I'm going to be an ******* to every girl I know and meet. For now on, they're just fk holes and nothing more. Can I say that on soonerfans? Probably not. Nonetheless, I'm tired of being nice. If girls really wanted a "nice guy" then there'd plenty of nice guys. We'll do whatever it takes to get what we want and if that's what it takes then that's what most guys would do. I'm joining the crowd.

StoopTroup
7/30/2006, 05:26 PM
We'll do whatever it takes to get what we want and if that's what it takes then that's what most guys would do. I'm joining the crowd.
Have you considered joining the Priesthood?

OCUDad
7/30/2006, 05:27 PM
Seriously, henceforth I'm going to be an ******* to every girl I know and meet. For now on, they're just fk holes and nothing more.Which pretty much guarantees this situation won't happen again. :D

Melo, you've been warned.

StoopTroup
7/30/2006, 06:23 PM
SicEm...

Check this out...

How to break up with a bad girlfriend. (http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2006-07-30-burned-woman_x.htm?csp=34)

tbl
7/30/2006, 07:11 PM
Dude... it has nothing to do with being a jerk; it has everything to do with confidence. A "jerk" that isn't confident is just a bitter jerk, and no girl is attracted by that. A guy that is confident will win every time. Being handsome helps, but I've known two guys in particular that weren't good looking at all (fat and bad teeth as well), but one of them thought he was and the other didn't care, and they were always dating girls way out of their league.

Confidence is key. Women want a man; period. Now don't act like a bitter puke, get some confidence, and you'll be amazed. Unfortunately I don't think confidence is something that can be learned. You either are or aren't, but hopefully I'm wrong on that (for your sake).

Oh yeah, and stop drinking Zima. I'm betting that may have been the one that put her decision over the fence. ;)

Melo
7/30/2006, 08:32 PM
Seriously, henceforth I'm going to be an ******* to every girl I know and meet. For now on, they're just fk holes and nothing more.

OUT.

While youre busy being a ******* to every fk hole out there, youre going to over look all the girls who really are worth your time.

This is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. I'm glad to hear you paid attention to me all those times you asked me for advice, and I told you... I TOLD you that I have had to sit and watch every. single. one. of my guy friends get screwed over. I TOLD you whether or not it would be worth it.

Thank you for listening to me. Did you ever read anything I just wrote up there? This is such a colossal waste of time even arguing about this. So I'm just going to shut up and go about being my usual fk hole self.

Also, just so everyone knows, I'm taking a break from the board. Dont know how long, or whatever. With school coming up, and all the practicing involved, plus hanging out with my bro and family before school, moving in new furniture, blah, everything else... I need time off.

Bye, for now.

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/30/2006, 08:39 PM
Melo...this place won't be the same without you :( You at least have to pop in every couple of days and tell us how you are doing?

afs
7/30/2006, 08:44 PM
meltdown meltdown meltdown

SoonerInKCMO
7/30/2006, 08:47 PM
OUT.

While youre busy being a ******* to every fk hole out there, youre going to over look all the girls who really are worth your time.

This is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. I'm glad to hear you paid attention to me all those times you asked me for advice, and I told you... I TOLD you that I have had to sit and watch every. single. one. of my guy friends get screwed over. I TOLD you whether or not it would be worth it.

Thank you for listening to me. Did you ever read anything I just wrote up there? This is such a colossal waste of time even arguing about this. So I'm just going to shut up and go about being my usual fk hole self.

Also, just so everyone knows, I'm taking a break from the board. Dont know how long, or whatever. With school coming up, and all the practicing involved, plus hanging out with my bro and family before school, moving in new furniture, blah, everything else... I need time off.

Bye, for now.

This was something he said in the heat of the moment. He's ****ed and he said something stupid. Nearly all of us guys have been in a similar situation and said or at least thought something very similar - we just didn't have the misfortune of a) having the Internet around; and/or b) being hasty enough to post it out here for the world to see. Since then, most of us have been able to see the foolishness of our remarks.

Yeah, what he said was dumb and offensive. Please give the Baylor guy another chance. He seems like an overly earnest guy that doesn't understand much about the ladies (hey, do any of us guys really know that much about them?). I know he doesn't think of you as 'just a fkhole'. Sure, next time you see him you should smack him upside his head... but don't completely write him off just yet.

VeeJay
7/30/2006, 08:53 PM
SicEm is probably having thoughts that most of us have had at one time or another, and due to the same sort of reasons. It does make one believe, albeit briefly, that women are inherently evil.

Friends of the opposite sex - people you get along with, can help you recover quickly - and just by conversation. People you have a little bit of trust built up with.

Makes me glad I'm no longer single, cause that stuff is the succ.

Big Red Ron
7/30/2006, 08:58 PM
good decision, my friend....your failures will soon end.

women only say they like nice guys.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Octavian again.

very wise, you're the coolest.

i suggest you ignore her forever.

Melo
7/30/2006, 09:07 PM
Ok, it has been brought to my attention, by another poster on this board, that what I have said was pretty mean, and I shouldnt have talked about OUR issues on an open forum.

I cant delete what I wrote, and I am still leaving for awhile, but I will just say: SicEm: I apologize for the airing of personal issues. You know how to reach me when you want to talk.

Mongo
7/30/2006, 09:07 PM
Melo, SicEm is drunk on the champagne he drank this weekend; the bubbles tickle his nose. He know not what he does. The kick in the sack he recieved this weekend has in some way, shape or form, has effected any male on this board. He is going through a rough time. You need to be there for him. Who else is going to get him drunk on Zima and hold his hair when he pukes?:D

Big Red Ron
7/30/2006, 09:08 PM
Also, going all "fhole" isn't going to be a good idea. Is it something you sort of think about? Sure, but don't give up on them all. They are few and far between (certainlt a lot of fools gold too) but there are very awsome women out there. My wife is a perfect example. She's smart, educated, sophisticated, smokin hot and she loves me even though I have a high pressure job and a tendancy to bring my work mode home with me.

Don't give up, they are out there. Just become very pickey and that will creap into your personality. Women like a man that is confident and caring. Equal amounts is key. Don't do either more than the other.

Lesson learned. You are an educated and smart guy. You will find someone but you are almost never actively looking for them when you find them. Less effort will pay dividends.

afs
7/30/2006, 09:10 PM
this thread has taken an unexpected but interesting turn.

OCUDad
7/30/2006, 09:17 PM
this thread has taken an unexpected but interesting turn.If by that you mean "the blind leading the deaf," I have to agree. :D

MamaMia
7/30/2006, 09:21 PM
I used to have a backbone with girls; I wasn't always totally sackless. But, I dated a girl for 5 years that I loved more than anything in the world so I got used to not getting mad about anything but I've got to regain my backbone. I'm tired of this crap.

Seriously, henceforth I'm going to be an ******* to every girl I know and meet. For now on, they're just fk holes and nothing more. Can I say that on soonerfans? Probably not. Nonetheless, I'm tired of being nice. If girls really wanted a "nice guy" then there'd plenty of nice guys. We'll do whatever it takes to get what we want and if that's what it takes then that's what most guys would do. I'm joining the crowd.
I don't think you really mean that. I believe you said that because you're hurt and angry right now. Just be a nice person and don't look for love. It will find you.

Howzit
7/30/2006, 09:31 PM
This is a great strategy if you only want the girls that aren't worth having. You got screwed. Move on and be the same guy you have been.

OUinFLA
7/30/2006, 09:33 PM
It does make one believe, that women are inherently evil.

Makes me glad I'm no longer single, cause that stuff is the succ.

word

and word

Big Red Ron
7/30/2006, 09:43 PM
"The soul of a woman was created below." - Robert Plant (Led Zepplin)

Couldn't resist...;)

Big Red Ron
7/30/2006, 09:53 PM
Also, going all "fhole" isn't going to be a good idea. Is it something you sort of think about? Sure, but don't give up on them all. They are few and far between (certainlt a lot of fools gold too) but there are very awsome women out there. My wife is a perfect example. She's smart, educated, sophisticated, smokin hot and she loves me even though I have a high pressure job and a tendancy to bring my work mode home with me.

Don't give up, they are out there. Just become very pickey and that will creap into your personality. Women like a man that is confident and caring. Equal amounts is key. Don't do either more than the other.

Lesson learned. You are an educated and smart guy. You will find someone but you are almost never actively looking for them when you find them. Less effort will pay dividends.It was page 7 Mom. ;)

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/30/2006, 09:55 PM
I say in 10 years time a young senator from Texas will attempt to pass legislation that will legalize the hunting and killing of all females!

My Opinion Matters
7/30/2006, 09:56 PM
It was page 7 Mom. ;)

Leave me out of this.

Big Red Ron
7/30/2006, 09:59 PM
Leave me out of this.heh

SicEmBaylor
7/30/2006, 09:59 PM
I say in 10 years time a young senator from Oklahoma will attempt to pass legislation that will legalize the hunting and killing of all females!

Fixed.

ChickSoonerFan
7/30/2006, 10:14 PM
This is a great strategy if you only want the girls that aren't worth having. You got screwed. Move on and be the same guy you have been.

Best advice ever.

This girl has done enough damage already...do not let her do any further damage by allowing her actions to change who you are. That would be a crying shame and a let down to all the nice guys, and to all the nice girls out there, waiting for a nice guy like you.

colleyvillesooner
7/30/2006, 10:16 PM
Best advice ever.

This girl has done enough damage already...do not let her do any further damage by allowing her actions to change who you are. That would be a crying shame and a let down to all the nice guys, and to all the nice girls out in fantasyland, the only place they exist.

fixed ;)

running away

yermom
7/30/2006, 10:16 PM
don't listen to the girls, they are all in this together, and you are threatening them by revealing their secrets ;)

Rusher
7/30/2006, 10:17 PM
Finally, the magic word: a backbone. Just about time to hear that, man :D

I won't go with being a jerk route, tough. Been there, too and it's not that effective either.

I think your missing piece is having a standard in terms of what quality of a woman that you look for (outside of T&A). There's nothing wrong with being a nice guy, but people often mistake niceguy with wussbag and think that they are the same thing. See, wussbag try to impress women so much that they are indecisive, unassertive, always ask the girl how to make her like him and keep asking validation questions. It's literally not having a backbone. You can be nice guy and still be authoritive and decisive. Don't ask validation questions, and tell girls in advance that you like girls who act X & y (cooking, adventurous, open-minded or whatever). Women also love to impress the opposite gender, even more than the guys as the matter of fact.

ChickSoonerFan
7/30/2006, 10:19 PM
fixed ;)

running away

What are you talking about?! YOU found one!

wait...unless you are a bad boy who corrupts and steals away the
would-be nice girls from boys like sicem...

SoonerInKCMO
7/30/2006, 10:20 PM
fixed ;)

running away

:pop: :pop:

hurricane'bone
7/30/2006, 10:24 PM
fixed ;)

running away

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_balance.gif

Frozen Sooner
7/30/2006, 10:44 PM
Fixed.

Senators from Oklahoma have certainly been elected on crazier platforms...

Soonrboy
7/30/2006, 10:48 PM
Hey man..if you change who you are based on this one girl, she won...don't give her that kind of power. She ain't worth it, brutha.

Paperclip
7/30/2006, 10:51 PM
If you think taking a girl to Branson for the weekend is a good idea maybe you should change who you are.

;)

Big Red Ron
Hey man..if you change who you are based on this one girl, she won...and the terrorists too.

SicEmBaylor
Not based on one girl. She's the straw that broke the camel's back.

SoonerInKCMO
7/30/2006, 10:57 PM
Not based on one girl. She's the straw that broke the camel's back.

Much like in the threads on your legal issues, I think it's best that you stop posting on this topic before you say more that can be used against you in the future.

SicEmBaylor
7/30/2006, 11:06 PM
Much like in the threads on your legal issues, I think it's best that you stop posting on this topic before you say more that can be used against you in the future.

lol

soonerboomer93
7/30/2006, 11:14 PM

oh, he might just be past that point already

the_ouskull
7/30/2006, 11:32 PM
For the last time...

READ THIS GUY !!!

http://blogs.newsok.com/index.php?blog=19

He'll make all your wildest dreams come true like Pedro.

the_ouskull

yermom
7/30/2006, 11:48 PM
that guy is a tard

pb4ou
7/31/2006, 01:30 AM
Uh oh...

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/6303/burnedau4.png (http://imageshack.us)

the_ouskull
7/31/2006, 01:39 AM
^^^ Funny.

the_ouskull

the_ouskull
7/31/2006, 01:40 AM
that guy is a tard

Yeah, I'll take dating advice from someone who worships Kevin Smith for his fashion sense as opposed to his writing ability...

the_ouskull

ouflak
7/31/2006, 04:16 AM

sooner_born_1960
7/31/2006, 07:14 AM
That was this weekend?

TexasLidig8r
7/31/2006, 07:58 AM
Can someone summarize this thread for me?

I kind of picked up that Sic was about to, or may have been screwed (only figuratively) from some travel-a-yainch and that he may be bitter now. Accurate?

Also, has Dean chipped in with his obligatory, "Sic, .. they're just split tails. If they stand you up, they aren't worth the bull dookey on the bottom of my rainch boots?"

MamaMia
7/31/2006, 08:38 AM
It was page 7 Mom. ;)I see. Thats good advice. I knew you were teasing in the later post. I was too when I spek'd you and said what I did about a mans brain. :D

mdklatt
7/31/2006, 08:44 AM
Also, has Dean chipped in with his obligatory, "Sic, .. they're just split tails. If they stand you up, they aren't worth the bull dookey on the bottom of my rainch boots?"

Dean would never use the word "dookey".

colleyvillesooner
7/31/2006, 09:21 AM
What are you talking about?! YOU found one!

wait...unless you are a bad boy who corrupts and steals away the
would-be nice girls from boys like sicem...

BWHAHAHAHAHAH!

http://www.geocities.com/austinpowers741/DrEvile4laugh.jpg

LilSooner
7/31/2006, 09:24 AM
that guy is a tard

More like a tardbilly, sheesh he's from South Eastern Oklahoma for goodness sakes!:D

the_ouskull
7/31/2006, 10:04 AM
Yeah... and what would a guy from SE Oklahoma know about getting girls...?

the_ouskull

LilSooner
7/31/2006, 10:06 AM
Nothing? Cause I heard they are were all lesbians down in those parts.

the_ouskull
7/31/2006, 10:32 AM
They may be... but what if the kid left SE Oklahoma? What would be his chances then...? I'm just curious in case I ever actually DO leave...?

the_ouskull

LilSooner
7/31/2006, 10:36 AM
When did you go back? Are you teaching down there?

BeetDigger
7/31/2006, 10:48 AM
10 pages and only one mild "do her in the pooper" comment. From that perspective, this thread is disappointing.

NormanPride
7/31/2006, 10:54 AM
I'll never understand why guys think *******s get all the girls. Do you ever see any happily married *******s? I mean... they're *******s for a reason, right? They're miserable!

mdklatt
7/31/2006, 10:54 AM
Appreciated, but I'm not a religous guy. :D

For real? Why Baylor, then?

the_ouskull
7/31/2006, 11:15 AM
Heh.

TTCO.

the_ouskull

Skysooner
7/31/2006, 11:19 AM
Some of the sluttiest women I ever dated were from Baylor. Good stuff.

As far as being a jerk to women, Melo is right in that it just makes you less open to the right person. As some women grow up, they get their s*** together and don't play the games they do when they are young. Of course this doesn't help you at age 23. I had seriously dated 2 different women prior to meeting my wife. Both had issues and played games. One ended up cheating on me, and the other was such a b**** about everything that I dumped her. I was in the same mode as you and just wanted to act like nothing mattered and just have as much fun as possible. Of course that is when I met my wife, and in 15 years of marriage she is still as straight with me as she was the day we met. It has only become better through time. I wouldn't have been open to her at all if I had truly been playing the jerk role. We all tend to fall back into who we really are through time, so unless you are a jerk in real life, it would be hard to carry it off in a dating situation beyond the first few dates.

Tear Down This Wall
7/31/2006, 11:48 AM
Branson? A planned date in Branson? Dude,....

mdklatt
7/31/2006, 11:49 AM
Branson? A planned date in Branson? Dude,....

Three days and seven pages too late. That's already been covered. :D

Tear Down This Wall
7/31/2006, 11:51 AM
Whew...I looked and saw "page 10" and thought, hell no! I'll just ask at the end and risk it :D

Tear Down This Wall
7/31/2006, 11:58 AM
Okay, I've gone back and read pages 3 and 4 Re: Branson. Let me just spew a few thoughts out randomly....

First of all, Sic 'Em, congratulations for being a college graduate at 23. At 23, I was a drunk working on my third major or so. Fun. College years. Fun.

Second, I've been to Waco several times and realize there's not much there, but sweet monkey Tuesdays! A date trip! That is something you do with a wife to prove you still love her and all that nonsense.

Third, 23 is young. It's very young. Why are you dating? Date when you're 31 or 32. But, 23...sweet monkey Tuesdays!

mdklatt
7/31/2006, 12:01 PM
Third, 23 is young. It's very young. Why are you dating?

What's he supposed to be doing? :confused:

Tear Down This Wall
7/31/2006, 12:13 PM
What's he supposed to be doing? :confused:

Meeting them out and about. He's doing alot of planning. Alot.

For instance, at one of his fancy Baylor shindigs, he could walk up to a gold and green lass and say, "You're rather attractive for a beautiful girl with a great body." That doesn't take any planning. And, you don't have to go to Branson to do it.

Let me tell you a secret. Years ago, one of my dad's business partners sat me down and told me about dating and such. My dauber was down because of some gal. He said, "Look, there's beautiful p*ssy all over the world, everywhere you go. Don't worry so much about it."

So, I didn't worry anymore. And, something more, he was right. Once you look around, you notice it - women. They're everywhere!

You go to the grocery store, they're there. You go to a restaurant, they're there. You go to a ballgame, the movie, church, whatever...they're always there! All the time. Women. They are freaking everywhere!

So, don't sweat one woman when you're 23. Dude, there are millions of them out there who you don't have to take to Branson. Millions. I mean, everywhere, man.

Try it and see. Try and go one day without seeing a woman. You can't do it, man, they're everywhere!

I've written the last part of a poem to emphasize the point:
...so have some fun while you're young,
frolic in the sun;
for the women will always be there;
yes, the women will always be there...man!

THE END

Ike
7/31/2006, 12:51 PM
wow. I just wasted a bunch of time reading this thread.

SicEm, it doesn't matter one bit whether you want to be an *** to all women or a nice guy for the rest of your life. They'll eventually see through to whats really there. My experience, and my friends experience all tell me the same thing. Any woman worth having want a nice guy (most of the time), but more importantly, they want a guy who has convinced them that they are THE ****. And to convince them that you are the ****, you have to first convince yourself that you are the ****. Otherwise, you just come off looking fake, desperate, needy, or any number of other things that they find undesirable.

Just be yourself, and be happy with being yourself....and if that doesn't make women fall all over you, then at least you'll be cool with being by yourself, and it won't be so bad.

SoonerInKCMO
7/31/2006, 01:03 PM
Women. They are freaking everywhere!

It's obvious that none of your three or more majors in college were any form of engineering. :D

KC//CRIMSON
7/31/2006, 01:12 PM

Here's teh plan..

So..
I'd made plans to spend this weekend in Branson with this girl. I made these plans sometime in advance and asked if she was sure this date was fine and it was always a "yes." So, last night I was suppose to call her to confirm where to pick her up at tomorrow morning, what time, etc. and she hasn't answered her cell. The phone is on, and I left messages each time.

I've tried to get ahold of her all day and nadda. :-(
The thing is..I've already paid for the hotel room, the tickets to silver dollar city and celebration city, etc. Plus, this weekend is my annual retreat in Texas on S. Padre that I was technically suppose to go to as the new chairman of Baylor. I look forward to this retreat all year, but I figured I'd have an even better time with her.

This just sucks. I guess if I don't hear from her tonight then it's definitely off since I'd have to leave town at 5am. I'm not sure what to do now so I've been looking for other people to go but most of them have plans.

Proper planning?

I still have not heard from her. I'm open to the possibility something important came up, but even if it did she could give me a 30 second phone call. I went ahead and drove to Branson but it was a damned waste of time.

Try to sound more desperate next time.......

soonerbrat
7/31/2006, 01:33 PM
Can someone summarize this thread for me?

I kind of picked up that Sic was about to, or may have been screwed (only figuratively) from some travel-a-yainch and that he may be bitter now. Accurate?

guys are whiners.

the end.

dolemitesooner
7/31/2006, 01:41 PM
Yeah, I'll take dating advice from someone who worships Kevin Smith for his fashion sense as opposed to his writing ability...

the_ouskull
wow:D

dolemitesooner
7/31/2006, 01:41 PM
This is the greatest ****ing thread I have ever read ..OMG i AM LAUGHING SO HARD.

You guys a ****ing CrRZZZRZRZRZRAAYYYYYYY

BeetDigger
7/31/2006, 01:50 PM
guys are whiners.

the end.

JOKE OVERLOAD
JOKE OVERLOAD
JOKE OVERLOAD

dolemitesooner
7/31/2006, 01:51 PM
Try to sound more desperate next time.......
OHHH SNAPPPPP:D :D :D

mdklatt
7/31/2006, 01:51 PM
girls are moaners.

the end.

brat, do you try to dirty up every thread or does it just happen naturally? ;)

Skysooner
7/31/2006, 01:53 PM
guys are whiners.

the end.

This girl has extremely bad manners. I don't care if she thought he was desperate or not. It only takes 30 seconds to do it the right way. Avoiding the issue is passive-agressive.

Tear Down This Wall
7/31/2006, 02:08 PM
It's obvious that none of your three or more majors in college were any form of engineering. :D

Right you are! Although, I was in a science building once....

I tripped around from Radio/TV to Literature to Business Management. Wee-hee! The whole spectrum of babedom was within my trio of majors - liberal to conservative, trashy to dressy, dreamy to serious. And, they had one thing in common, Bob Seger - they had the fire down below! :eek:

Scott D
7/31/2006, 02:30 PM
Bitches man....bitches... ;)

Tear Down This Wall
7/31/2006, 02:33 PM
Oh, dudes...I gotta bail!

KC//CRIMSON
7/31/2006, 03:04 PM
CUT TO: MIKE'S APARTMENT - LATER THAT NIGHT

Mike opens the door and flicks on the lights in his sparsely
furnished single.

He drops his keys on the table and makes a bee line to the
answering machine.

He pushes the button.

ANSWERING MACHINE
(synthesized voice)
She didn't call.

Mike collapses into his futon and lights a smoke.

Beat.

He pulls out the COCKTAIL NAPKIN. He stares at the number.

He looks at the clock. 2:20 AM.

He looks at the napkin.

He thinks better of it, and puts the napkin away.

Beat.

He takes out the napkin and picks up the phone.

ANSWERING MACHINE
(synthesized voice)
Don't do it, Mike.

MIKE
Shut up.

He dials.

It rings twice, then...

NIKKI
(recorded)
Hi. This is Nikki. Leave a message.
(beep)

MIKE
Hi, Nikki. This is Mike. I met you
tonight at the Dresden. I, uh, just
called to say I, uh, I'm really glad we
met and you should give me a call. So
call me tomorrow, or , like, in two days,
whatever. My number is 213-555-4679...
(beep)

Mike hangs up.

Beat.

He dials again.

NIKKI
(recorded)
(beep)

MIKE
Hi, Nikki. This is Mike, again. I just
called because it sounded like your
machine might've cut me off before I gave
you my number, and also to say sorry for
calling so late, but you were still there
when I left the Dresden, so I knew I'd
get your machine. Anyway, my number
is...
(beep)

Mike calls back right away.

NIKKI
(recorded)
(beep)

MIKE
213-555-4679. That's all. I just wanted
to leave my number. I don't want you to
think I'm weird, or desperate or
something...
(he regrets saying it
immediately)
... I mean, you know, we should just
hang out. That's it. No expectations.
Just, you know, hang out. Bye.
(beep)

He hangs up.

Beat.

He dials.

NIKKI
(recorded)
Hi. This is Nikki. Leaves a message.
(beep)

MIKE
I just got out of a six-year
relationship. Okay? That should help to
explain why I'm acting so weird. It's
not you. It's me. I just wanted to say
that. Sorry.
(pause)
This is Mike.
(beep)

He dials again. There's no turning back.

NIKKI
(recorded)
(beep)

MIKE
Hi, Nikki. This is Mike again. Could you
just call me when you get in? I'll be up
for awhile, and I'd just rather talk to
you in person instead of trying to
squeeze it all...
(beep)

He dials yet again.

NIKKI
(recorded)
(beep)

MIKE
Hi, Nikki. Mike. I don't think this is
working out. I think you're great, but
maybe we should just take some time off
from each other. It's not you, really.
It's me. It's only been six months...

NIKKI
(Live, in person. she picks
up the line)
Mike?

MIKE
Nikki! Great! Did you just walk in, or
were you listening all along?

NIKKI
(calmly)
Don't call me ever again.

MIKE
Wow, I guess you were home...
(click)

She hung up on him.

He's frozen.

He hangs up.

Beat.

He pulls the comforter off the futon and curls up in the
corner of the room.

SicEmBaylor
7/31/2006, 03:21 PM
Guys (me) may be whiners but she's going to soon find out what a first class A-hole I can truly be. This keeps happening because I usually shrug it off; I'm not shrugging this one off.

colleyvillesooner
7/31/2006, 03:26 PM
:pop:

NormanPride
7/31/2006, 03:26 PM
SicEm, I wouldn't advise "getting even". She's got a lot more experience being a bitch than you do being a jerk. Really, just erase her from your memory. Pretend you never met her. That's the best for you.

tbl
7/31/2006, 03:28 PM
This keeps happening because I usually shrug it off; I'm not shrugging this one off.
That's not why this keeps happening, dude....

Tear Down This Wall
7/31/2006, 03:30 PM
Dude, just let it go. I mean, flying off the handle isn't going to change it. Just chill out and enjoy being 23.

KC//CRIMSON
7/31/2006, 03:34 PM
Mike?

mdklatt
7/31/2006, 03:39 PM
Where the hell is Dean?

BlondeSoonerGirl
7/31/2006, 03:41 PM
Where the hell is Dean?

I'm waiting right here for him....

:mack:

SicEmBaylor
7/31/2006, 03:43 PM
Dude, just let it go. I mean, flying off the handle isn't going to change it. Just chill out and enjoy being 23.
'Flying off the handle? I never said anything about flying off the handle.

SicEmBaylor
7/31/2006, 03:44 PM
SicEm, I wouldn't advise "getting even". She's got a lot more experience being a bitch than you do being a jerk. Really, just erase her from your memory. Pretend you never met her. That's the best for you.

I'm not "getting even" either. I'm just gonig to be a jerk if she speaks to me again.

Tear Down This Wall
7/31/2006, 03:49 PM
Hit the grocery store. Tons of chicks there. And, food. Pick up a pecan pie while you're there. Good eatin'.

SicEmBaylor
7/31/2006, 03:49 PM
Hit the grocery store. Tons of chicks there. And, food. Pick up a pecan pie while you're there. Good eatin'.
I don't like nuts, but I appreciate the offer.

mdklatt
7/31/2006, 03:52 PM
I never said anything about flying off the handle.

We just assumed you did be since that's the only way you were getting any this weekend.

Scott D
7/31/2006, 03:56 PM
I'm not "getting even" either. I'm just gonig to be a jerk if she speaks to me again.

bitches man, bitches....can't live with em....can't shoot em. ;)

colleyvillesooner
7/31/2006, 04:15 PM

That's the dumbest thing you could do. Then she'll just hang up and go "Wow, I made the right decision to not call that guy, he is an a$$."

BeetDigger
7/31/2006, 04:18 PM

I'm sorry, but that statement made me laugh outloud.

TexasLidig8r
7/31/2006, 04:33 PM
Guys (me) may be whiners but she's going to soon find out what a first class A-hole I can truly be. . .

Leave that to the professionals... like me!

You are only an A-hole neophyte. It takes many years and many wars to become an A-Hole Professional.

Next time.. go to Branson.. bag some hot and juicy bimbette who looks like she sells magazines door to door in Waco.. do the hot and nasty, doing vile, unspeakable things you have only seen done in pron flicks.

Living well (or debauched.. whichever).. is the best revenge.

Rusher
7/31/2006, 04:48 PM
Hah, u wanna be an a-hole that exhibit charm of chick magnet? Go check out Dr. Will from Big Brother All Star. U might wanna model his character.

Or u can choose the easy route and be covered in News 9 tonight :D

soonervegas
7/31/2006, 05:07 PM
How long had you been dating her? If it wasn't over a year...the trip was a bad idea. No offense....you seem like a good guy, you are just trying too hard. Any trust me....most guys have spent time doing exactly what you are doing.

I agree that going the jerk route is not the right answer. You may miss out on a truly good girl.

Best bet it to play the odds. You are 23? You should be hitting on any girl that comes in 30 feet of you. Be nice, be respectful, but play the field. If a girl doesn't give you the time of day...big deal, you have 2 or 3 others on the stove.

I think "being a jerk" is kind of a misinterpreted ideal. Guys that are successful aren't the jerks......they are guys that don't sweat getting turned down.

soonerbrat
7/31/2006, 05:25 PM
This girl has extremely bad manners. I don't care if she thought he was desperate or not. It only takes 30 seconds to do it the right way. Avoiding the issue is passive-agressive.

the girl did something that is normally a guy behavior, and all the guys are surprised that a girl would do something like that and they are offended. it cracks me up

TexasLidig8r
7/31/2006, 05:30 PM
the girl did something that is normally a guy behavior, and all the guys are surprised that a girl would do something like that and they are offended. it cracks me up

Get with the program.

It's called....

A double standard. :rolleyes:

;)

NormanPride
7/31/2006, 05:31 PM
the girl did something that is normally a human behavior, and all the guys are surprised that a human would do something like that and they are offended. it cracks me up

Fixed. :rolleyes:

soonerbrat
7/31/2006, 05:33 PM
whatever. i've been reading more of this thread and i hope sic'em doesn't waste any more time with this grl for any reason.

SicEmBaylor
7/31/2006, 05:41 PM
A guy behavior my ***. If I say I'm going to be some place then I'm damned well going to be there and if not then I inform the appropriate people.

And yes, this whole thing did morph into something that appears to be a "big deal" but it really morphed into that. It went from wanting to spend the day doing something to spending the day at Six Flags but that was too far so we settled on SDC and Celebration City. Well, then I realized that I could drive back after all that but we'd both be really exhausted so would she mind staying overnight and the answer to that was, "not at all." And then it was her bday so I asked her what she liked and got a general answer which resulted in a gift.

I spoke with her last Friday by the way and specifically asked if she was still up for it, if all the plans were acceptable, etc. and the answer was an absolute yes.

There's just no excuse for this no matter how you slice it.

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/31/2006, 05:46 PM
I think she was speaking in generalities SicEm ;) Happy Birthday Brat!

ric311
7/31/2006, 05:50 PM
I think "being a jerk" is kind of a misinterpreted ideal. Guys that are successful aren't the jerks......they are guys that don't sweat getting turned down.

Couldn't agree more. I had a patent line for every time I got shot down by a chick (and there were many times, believe me)...

me : hey, you wanna go out to (wherever)?

Chick: No, I have to (insert ridiculous excuse here) that night, sorry.

me: no problem, I need to take a sh*t that night anyway.

VeeJay
7/31/2006, 06:55 PM
The best excuse I got was "Well, I need to spend time with my grandmother." This was my stupid arse trying to plan a date about three weeks later.

Another'n shot me down in similar fashion and I said "May I call you later?" She said sure. Yeah, like I was gonna ever do that again.

'Tis easy to tell when a chick just isn't that into you.

Scott D
7/31/2006, 08:04 PM
I love these sob stories.....they're good humor :)

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
7/31/2006, 08:52 PM
the girl did something that is normally a guy behavior, and all the guys are surprised that a girl would do something like that and they are offended. it cracks me upMy thoughts exactly. The role is reversed in this instance. Maybe she is telling her friends "every guy I go out with treats me like crap. I'm tired of it. Next guy I meet is gonna see what it's like!"

SoonerInKCMO
7/31/2006, 08:56 PM
No, no, no... 'guy behavior' is not calling when he says he will... 'gal behavior' is not answering the phone when the guy calls.

Sheesh. ;)

Viking Kitten
7/31/2006, 09:09 PM
I'm sorry, but this is not "normal" guy or girl behavior. This is normal a$$hole behavior. A$$hole behavior can be perpetrated by either gender. This girl is clearly one.

Honestly... why does this even go six pages? When one unloads an a$$hole, instead of getting all upset one should breathe a deep sigh of relief. We should all be giving this guy high-fives and such.

pb4ou
7/31/2006, 09:12 PM
why does this even go six pages?

Because it's the South Freakin' Oval

Scott D
7/31/2006, 09:14 PM
I'm sorry, but this is not "normal" guy or girl behavior. This is normal a$$hole behavior. A$$hole behavior can be perpetrated by either gender. This girl is clearly one.

Honestly... why does this even go six pages? When one unloads an a$$hole, instead of getting all upset one should breathe a deep sigh of relief. We should all be giving this guy high-fives and such.

oh come on, this has to have at least two more pages of stories that I can laugh at :)

PrideTrombone
7/31/2006, 09:16 PM

Ding ding ding.

yermom
7/31/2006, 09:18 PM
you know, it sounds to me like he hasn't written her off yet

Scott D
7/31/2006, 09:18 PM

are you suggesting that he can't quit her? :)

Viking Kitten
7/31/2006, 09:20 PM

Ooh YAY! I love being an "I Told You So." :D

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/31/2006, 09:26 PM

I am not a tax lawyer or anything but I really doubt he can write her off. I mean he is pretty much screwed out of the money and he isn't getting it back from Uncle Sam!!

;)

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
7/31/2006, 09:43 PM
Gandalf, why is my picture in your avatar?

colleyvillesooner
7/31/2006, 09:53 PM
Yeah, what's up with that.

yermom
7/31/2006, 10:15 PM
begun the Avatar Wars have

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/31/2006, 10:22 PM
You just look like a bad *** in that picture!!

sanantoniosooner
7/31/2006, 10:25 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/image.php?u=36440&dateline=1153845438
I'm too lazy to go to the trouble.

tbl
7/31/2006, 11:25 PM

Agreed about the chick. She's hardcore ruthless, but personally I'd like to hear her side of it.

The reason he's not getting high fives is b/c he's whining like a girl about it.

BeetDigger
8/1/2006, 12:17 AM

Is it just me, or do VK's posts cause other people to breath heavy too? :texan: