PDA

View Full Version : Travis Wilson = prima donna?

CU Sooner
7/28/2006, 02:58 PM
What's with Travis in Cleveland? He has a great opportunity to play and maybe even start and he is holding out. I never noticed a prima donna attitude while at OU, did i miss something? Come on, he hasn't proved anything and he was injured for most of last year, he do what JD did and be thankful the opportunity and sign.:mad:

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/sports/1153903097127830.xml&coll=2

oumartin
7/28/2006, 03:01 PM
anyone that calls themselves T-Money and then holds a press conference like he did after the draft has got to have a little ego and there is nothing wrong with that.. I don't think he's a prima donna i think he believes he can be that good.. Hopefully he signs quick and shows what he can do..

CU Sooner
7/28/2006, 03:05 PM
Nothing wrong with the confidence but sign on the line and prove it. I always liked Travis and think he was a steal for the Browns but he needs to sign. I just get sick of these kids who haven't proved much holding out.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
7/28/2006, 03:12 PM
clayton held out

Mjcpr
7/28/2006, 03:17 PM
clayton held out

I think that's fairly common for 1st rounders; not so much for 3rds.

Soonerwolf
7/28/2006, 03:18 PM
clayton held out

Wasn't Clayton a first round draft choice coming off a very good year at OU (save the Orange Bowl)?

Looks like he is blowing a great chance to be a starter on opening day fore the Browns.

snp
7/28/2006, 03:22 PM
anyone that calls themselves T-Money and then holds a press conference like he did after the draft has got to have a little ego and there is nothing wrong with that.. I don't think he's a prima donna i think he believes he can be that good.. Hopefully he signs quick and shows what he can do..

Uh, myself and his friends call him T-Money, as a nickname. I have another friend that I call T-Money, and he's just a drunk at Tech. That has nothing to do with his attitude.

My roomate is best friends with Travis. He probably knows a lot more then I do about this, so I won't even speculate.

Mjcpr
7/28/2006, 03:24 PM
I would imagine if anyone is at fault, it's his agent. I'm thinking a 3rd round pick's deal shouldn't be that hard to get done.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
7/28/2006, 03:25 PM
I think that's fairly common for 1st rounders; not so much for 3rds.

i think the big rub with clayton was that he held out even though the guys on either side of him had signed. normally, when your slot is set, that's when they get ****ed you haven't signed...

Soonerwolf
7/28/2006, 03:30 PM
I would imagine if anyone is at fault, it's his agent. I'm thinking a 3rd round pick's deal shouldn't be that hard to get done.

Good point - doesn't Condon have a rep for having his players hold out regardless of how far behind the player (especially a rookie) falls behind?

Wilson is a very good receiver but he is coming off an injury riddled season. He should feel fortunate to be selected as high as the third round given the circumstances and get into camp - shine - and then strike for a big money the next contract as a free agent if Cleveland fails to step up.

snp
7/28/2006, 03:41 PM
He could've been a first rounder if not for those injuries. Maybe that's why he feels he deserves more money.

TripleOption14
7/28/2006, 03:41 PM
I think we sometimes forget that football is a business for these guys. He has to look out for himself and get as much $$$ as he can while he can. We all know what N.F.L really stands for so i see nothing wrong w/ holding out for more $$$ if he truly feels he is worth it.

CU Sooner
7/28/2006, 03:45 PM
Makes sense, hold out loose out on your chance to be a starter, sit on the bench all year because you didn't get $20k more a year and be out of the league in 2 or 3 years. But hey, he knew he was worth more, just didn't get a chance to prove it.

sooner518
7/28/2006, 03:53 PM
its a business. good grief. this is their job. most people (if youre smart) negotiate their salaries at a company. why should a football player be any different?
Im sure its mostly his agent's doing anyways.

birddog
7/28/2006, 04:02 PM
regular companies tell you what the starting pay is and they move on to the next candidate if you don't like it.

Landthief 1972
7/28/2006, 04:12 PM
regular companies tell you what the starting pay is and they move on to the next candidate if you don't like it.

EXACTLY.

Most of us would be unemployed if we went to an interview, got the job, then said, "I ain't coming in unless you pay me $500,000 and a $5000 bonus if I staple 5000 or more papers in a fiscal year."

They'd laugh their butts off and tell you to get bent, even if you were the best stapler user on the planet.

Agents are ruining the pro game.

Octavian
7/28/2006, 04:17 PM
Reason #7,431 why college football is better than the NFL

TripleOption14
7/28/2006, 04:24 PM
Makes sense, hold out loose out on your chance to be a starter, sit on the bench all year because you didn't get $20k more a year and be out of the league in 2 or 3 years. But hey, he knew he was worth more, just didn't get a chance to prove it.

He could be out of the league in 2or3 years regardless. Just sayin....

yermom
7/28/2006, 04:39 PM
Wasn't Clayton a first round draft choice coming off a very good year at OU (save the Orange Bowl)?

Looks like he is blowing a great chance to be a starter on opening day fore the Browns.

he tore it up as a Junior, but in his Senior year Wilson had more TDs, and maybe yards too

TheGodfather889
7/28/2006, 04:48 PM
Travis Wilson has good physical skills and would've been a possible 1st round choice had he not gotten injured last year. But he probably should just sign and make some plays then start demanding more money. Even though it is hard to look good playing with the Cleveland Browns.

XingTheRubicon
7/28/2006, 05:33 PM

When will these comparisons stop.

TWilson is arguably about the 50th best receiver on the planet. When you are in the top 100 of your profession on Earth, be it a Lawyer, actor, whatever, negotiations are a little different than a guy selling copiers.

**** 'em, get all you can, Travis.

birddog
7/28/2006, 07:57 PM
i wasn't comparing 'em, i was differentiating between the two after someone else compared 'em.

Blue
7/28/2006, 11:12 PM
Uh, myself and his friends call him T-Money, as a nickname. I have another friend that I call T-Money, and he's just a drunk at Tech. That has nothing to do with his attitude.

My roomate is best friends with Travis. He probably knows a lot more then I do about this, so I won't even speculate.

You dropped something...;)

Harry Beanbag
7/29/2006, 01:17 PM
Looks like he signed a contract...

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news_room/news/arts/5537.0.html

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news_room/news/images/5537.5298.t.jpg

zeke
7/29/2006, 01:40 PM
I'm glad he signed.

The Consumate Showman
7/29/2006, 04:15 PM
Hey hey hey....

Trav is signed with the Browns now and he's in camp. Tell me again why we are bashing one of the best WR's we've had in the past 10-20 years? We don;t know the details of his situation and, unless you know Trav ans his family personally, we never will know. Yeah he was a third rounder, but take into consideration that he had Fumbles McScrambles trying to get the ball to him unsuccessfully, he was being doubled up a lot when he was on the field, and that he was injured.

Trav is a solid possession reciever and he is very strong. He should make a good WR threat in the short field getting some short passes and running for some YAC...Braylon will be their go-to, deep-threat guy. I see Trav being more of a 5-15 yard reciever...kinda like Clayton, but without the freakish moves...

stoopified
7/29/2006, 05:27 PM
I say get it if you can.

Jason White's Third Knee
7/31/2006, 12:53 PM
I've never seen anyone more highly touted that ran more spastic than TW.