PDA

View Full Version : WOW.. I just got cussed out!

TexasLidig8r
7/28/2006, 01:36 PM
lol.. WOW!

So, we find out that this would be competitor of a company I represent is calling the company's clients and spewing forth a lot of slanderous, false statements. So, naturally, we do what any red blooded American would do.. I sue the bejeesus out of him. He gets served with the lawsuit today and then...

Calls me up.. and starts in. At one point I counted 25 F Bombs in one minute!... He gets around to saying things like, "I'm gonna mess you f'in up!".. to which my response was, "Now, is there a difference between f'in up and regular up?"... then.. "I'm gonna "f" your wife!"... My response: "Well, you can have my ex wife if you'd like but she probably wouldn't be used to a person of your diminutive size."

"Im gonna "F" you up an "f'in" tree!" My response, "Is an F'in tree taller than a regular tree?"

He finally starts to run out of gas.. I am laughing just loud enough for him to hear. He finally asks, "What the "f" are you laughin' at f*ggot?" I simply respond, "How much more expensive this lawsuit got. Good day sirrah."

Good times.. a good way to start the weekend!

Taxman71
7/28/2006, 01:38 PM
F'in hillbilly ambulance chasers.

yermom
7/28/2006, 01:38 PM
i wouldn't think this would be a new experience for you ;)

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/28/2006, 01:41 PM
You shouldn't harass GDC is all I am saying!

Flagstaffsooner
7/28/2006, 01:41 PM
Spek to the guy.

OUDoc
7/28/2006, 01:42 PM
Didn't you work in "**** off, dip****!"?

BudSooner
7/28/2006, 01:45 PM
Im gonna "F" you up an "f'in" tree!" My response, "Is an F'in tree taller than a regular tree?"
I've got one of those f'in trees in my front yard and d00d, they are always dropping f'in limb everywhere.
It's pretty big f'in job to trim that big bastard. ;)

SoonerStud615
7/28/2006, 02:04 PM
That was you I was just talking to on the phone????

MamaMia
7/28/2006, 02:11 PM
So, we find out that this would be competitor of a company I represent is calling the company's clients and spewing forth a lot of slanderous, false statements. I'm no attorney but I use to watch L.A. Law. If he is a "would be competitor" then he isn't costing the company that you represent any money with his statements, right? If he isn't costing anyone any money then what are your damages?

Taxman71
7/28/2006, 02:15 PM
1. Slander
2. Tortious Interference with a Contractual Relationship

These should keep his lawyers busy for a while.

NormanPride
7/28/2006, 02:15 PM
Finally someone says what we've all got on our minds!

:D

GottaHavePride
7/28/2006, 02:19 PM
I'm no attorney but I use to watch L.A. Law. If he is a "would be competitor" then he isn't costing the company that you represent any money with his statements, right? If he isn't costing anyone any money then what are your damages?

Yeah, if he's saying baseless stuff to clients of Lid's company then that's potentially damaging and also slanderous.

NormanPride
7/28/2006, 02:22 PM
Yeah, if he's saying baseless stuff to clients of Lid's company then that's potentially true and enlightening.

Fixed.

MamaMia
7/28/2006, 02:25 PM
Yeah, if he's saying baseless stuff to clients of Lid's company then that's potentially damaging and also slanderous. Oh I see. So, you dont actually have to prove that damages have been done. It can just be potential. Well, you learn something every day. :)

TexasLidig8r
7/28/2006, 02:40 PM
I'm no attorney but I use to watch L.A. Law. If he is a "would be competitor" then he isn't costing the company that you represent any money with his statements, right? If he isn't costing anyone any money then what are your damages?

Slander per se is a different animal. When slanderous statements are made stating or implying a person was a criminal or involved in criminal conduct, or disparaging remarks intended to injury another in their trade or business, courts in Texas can presume damages. Then there are damages incurred in other ways, for example, lost company time spent refuting the specious allegations and in assuring clients that a business' reputation is as represented.

In short, hammer time.. injunctions.. possible receivership.... delicious! :D

ultimatesooner1
7/28/2006, 02:41 PM
you need to record these type of things and post them in the innerweb

Okla-homey
7/28/2006, 02:46 PM
Slander per se is a different animal. When slanderous statements are made stating or implying a person was a criminal or involved in criminal conduct, or disparaging remarks intended to injury another in their trade or business, courts in Texas can presume damages. Then there are damages incurred in other ways, for example, lost company time spent refuting the specious allegations and in assuring clients that a business' reputation is as represented.

I'm sure you'll just bury him in procedural stuff that will cost him tens of thousands before he finally settles to make this all go away. Me likey.

MamaMia
7/28/2006, 03:19 PM

Oh, I see. Thank you kindly for the explanation. Well Lid, have fun with it. It sounds like that mouthy one is going to get his money's worth though. :P

I'm not gong to get a bill am I? :confused:

Fugue
7/28/2006, 03:31 PM
shoot, you didn't the phone call to get cussed out, bri could've taken care of this right on the SO. :D

Osce0la
7/28/2006, 04:02 PM
and to think, if you weren't a Hook 'em, he probably never woulda said anything bad about you to begin with...

OUinFLA
7/28/2006, 04:08 PM
Is it possible you will get enough funds out of the deal to afford to buy dinner?

MamaMia
7/28/2006, 08:17 PM
Is it possible you will get enough funds out of the deal to afford to buy dinner?
...and some suds, as some of you call it? :P

picasso
7/29/2006, 10:13 AM
f*ggot? I didn't know you were gay Liddy.

OCUDad
7/29/2006, 12:27 PM
Lid, what percent of your billable hours are charged against work on the South Oval? And do we get a cut?

Flagstaffsooner
7/30/2006, 12:28 PM
Slander per se is a different animal. When slanderous statements are made stating or implying a person was a whorn or involved in whorn conduct, or whorn remarks intended to injury another in their trade or business, courts in Texas can presume they are a whorn. Then there are rectal damages incurred in other ways, for example, lost company time spent in men's rooms and in ***-uring clients that a business' reputation his a$$ represented.

In short, hammer time.. injunctions.. possible receivership.... delicious! :DFixed