PDA

View Full Version : World Trade Center review

Boomer.....
7/28/2006, 01:24 PM
I went to see World Trade Center on an advanced screening on Wednesday night. The movie was good and a real tear jerker. The movie deals with the heroic efforts of everyone and centers on two men (cops) who were found alive and all of the effort it took to get them out. Besides the horror of the whole event, the movie was not a downer like the previous 911 event movies. Overall, a movie to go see.

Mjcpr
7/28/2006, 01:26 PM
Speaking of the WTC and horror....

Have any of you listened to the audio of that call from the guy on the 105th floor of one of the towers? He's talking to 911 and it lasts about 4 1/2 minutes.....until it begins to collapse and he's still on the line. Ugh.

TexasLidig8r
7/28/2006, 01:27 PM
Is this the Oliver Stone movie? If so, did he trick it up with his usual, "conspiracy theory, it's all the dirty Republican's fault" message he has interwoven in his films a few times?

yermom
7/28/2006, 01:28 PM
it's Oliver Stone? i hadn't heard that

there doesn't really seem to be a lot of hype for this

Mjcpr
7/28/2006, 01:28 PM
Is this the Oliver Stone movie? If so, did he trick it up with his usual, "conspiracy theory, it's all the dirty Republican's fault" message he has interwoven in his films a few times?

Clay Shaw was a Republican?

Boomer.....
7/28/2006, 01:31 PM

It is directed by Oliver Stone and it doesn't get political which makes the movie enjoyable.

TexasLidig8r
7/28/2006, 01:37 PM
Speaking of the WTC and horror....

Have any of you listened to the audio of that call from the guy on the 105th floor of one of the towers? He's talking to 911 and it lasts about 4 1/2 minutes.....until it begins to collapse and he's still on the line. Ugh.

YIKES! I heard that today.. His last words were. "OH GOD.. OH..."

then... nothing...

Very eerie.

BudSooner
7/28/2006, 01:39 PM
It is directed by Oliver Stone and it doesn't get political which makes the movie enjoyable.
If true then thats a welcome relief, i'm thinking about catching a showing as soon as time allows.
One of the news shows were talking to the policeman that Cage potrays and he said the movie hits on all of the emotions of the day.
It will be difficult to watch for sure.

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/28/2006, 01:43 PM
It sounds really good and the trailer looks awesome. I think even Oliver Stone recognizes how powerful this event was and wouldn't dare interfere with one of the bravest stories ever told.

fadada1
7/28/2006, 01:58 PM
YIKES! I heard that today.. His last words were. "OH GOD.. OH..."

then... nothing...

Very eerie.
not that i'm a psychopath... but is there a link to it?

Mjcpr
7/28/2006, 02:03 PM
not that i'm a psychopath... but is there a link to it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcK837vp1AE

fadada1
7/28/2006, 02:14 PM
scary.

i'd like to think this never-ending war we seem to be in is worth it... for his and everyone else's lives that were lost. makes it hard to be anything but mad when we hear that.