PDA

View Full Version : Pepper plant update

GottaHavePride
7/28/2006, 12:10 PM
Despite watering every morning, it has apparently been so farging hot that the peppers are coming out on the small side. I kept waiting for the bell peppers to get to full size before I pick them, but I went out today and there were three or four bright red bell peppers that are only about 2" across. Kind of funny.

Same story with the tomatoes. I've managed to get three ripe tomatoes off the plants so far, (all roma tomatoes so far) two are almost normal size, and the other one is about the size of a cherry tomato.

Oh, and poke plants are the succ. They're invading everything.

IB4OU2
7/28/2006, 12:28 PM
Dayumn those poke plants! :mad:

Norm In Norman
7/28/2006, 01:01 PM
My peppers are doing awesome, but the peppers are pretty small - even the jalepenos. My tomatoes suck. There are maybe 10 green tomatoes out there and the plants are half dead with no blooms. My cucumbers have 3 billion blooms on them but maybe only 3 or 4 cucumbers are growing, and they are having trouble getting past the 1 inch stage. I keep thinking I'm going to have a ton of cucumbers and all i have is blooms.

Mjcpr
7/28/2006, 01:02 PM
....they are having trouble getting past the 1 inch stage.

C'mon people, I'm going to need a little help here....I can't keep up with all these.

BlondeSoonerGirl
7/28/2006, 01:06 PM
http://www.mightymcpilgrim.com/words/archives/doc%20wig.jpg

GottaHavePride
7/28/2006, 02:17 PM
Norm, try snipping off about half the cucumber blooms. You should wind up with fewer but bigger cucumbers.

BlondeSoonerGirl
7/28/2006, 02:17 PM
That pic cracks me up and I have no idea why.

TopDaugIn2000
7/28/2006, 03:41 PM
mine are pretty much doing the same thing. everything I planted. really small fruit and not very often.