PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Broyles

okienole3
7/28/2006, 08:23 AM
Is OU not offering anymore? What's the story?

Soonerwolf
7/28/2006, 03:34 PM
Is OU not offering anymore? What's the story?

Pardon the ignorant question - who is Ryan Broyles ???

The Consumate Showman
7/28/2006, 06:48 PM
no offer from OU.

we are looking at Travis Lewis and Gerlad Jones for the ATH position this year.

i too think we should try to get this kid...:)

Big John
7/29/2006, 01:20 PM
Pardon the ignorant question - who is Ryan Broyles ???
He's a corner prospect going to Norman High. He is a reciever on the offensive side of the ball.
Here is a link to his profile on Rivals (http://oklahoma.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=40763&Sport=1).
He doesn't even have OU listed as one of his options of schools to attend. To let great in-state talent (actually in-city talent) like this go seems crazy to me.
Scout.com shows him still being interested in OU, and says that he attended OU's camp.

BOOMERBRADLEY
11/16/2006, 12:58 PM
What's the story here, Showman ?

(Or anyone else)

The Consumate Showman
11/16/2006, 04:37 PM
What's the story here, Showman ?

(Or anyone else)

Well, I think our coaches feel that Travis Lewis and Gerald Jones would be better athletes to sign at this point. Ryan is explosive and a great talent, but after seeing Travis Lewis up close and personal, as I've seen Ryan and Gerald up close, I think it might be coming down to who is MORE ready to play collegiate ball right now as opposed to having to work on weight and strength for a year or two.

I've seen Ryan play and he does have good speed and atheltic ability, but from what I've seen from all three previous players mentioned, and I'm just guessing here, it looks like our coaches don't feel that Ryan is ready to step in right away and make an immediate impact on the team.

I think with a small class like this one, the coaches are being very picky and are only going to take players that have the greatest chance of playing sooner rather than later. It's kind of making sense now, too...I guess. Jason Hannon, our Center prospect, just picked up a 4 star I think and is supposedly the #3 Center in the country I think. And if you start looking at our cuerrent class across the board, there are quite a few that could play early on, like as a true frosh or red shirt frosh... i.e. - Loadholt, Hannon, Stevens will HAVE to be ready as a red shirt frosh, Box, Reed, Wilson, Fleming, Jackson, Cooke, and Bumpus will have to sit a year...

Then look at the potential recruits coming signing...Romine is ready to play, Christian Scott as well, any QB will be greatly appreciated and might be called on early, Gerald Jones (potential is there), Travis Lewis (would play special teams), Chris Perry would help create more depth along the DL.

Sso we'll see...

sooneron
11/16/2006, 11:42 PM
Small class or not, I get not such a great feeling in the gut when we let some of these projects get away from under our noses. See- Wes Welker.