PDA

View Full Version : KSU Senior QB gets 'ship yanked?

Salt City Sooner
7/27/2006, 10:55 PM
Interesting to say the least:

http://www.kansas.com/mld/kansas/sports/15132488.htm

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/27/2006, 10:59 PM
QB Webb to transfer from KSU to NAIA

BY JEFFREY MARTIN

The Wichita Eagle

Allen Webb is leaving Kansas State after his football scholarship was taken away.
Only three courses shy of graduation, the senior quarterback will transfer to Texas College, an NAIA school in Tyler, Texas.
"I understand the message being given to me," Webb said in a release.
K-State coach Ron Prince did not return a phone message left for him Wednesday.
Webb, a native of Denver, began his collegiate career at Indiana University, redshirting in 2002. He transferred to K-State in 2003. Because of the year of eligibility he lost through that transfer, Webb would lose his only remaining season of eligibility if he landed at another NCAA school, I-A or AA.
But he'll be eligible immediately at Texas College, a historically black institution with an enrollment of 870. The Steers -- whose colors are purple and gold -- were 7-4 last season and shared the Central States Football League championship with Langston.
His status at K-State, even after a strong showing in the spring game, was in question of late. But he is included in the school's recently released media guide.
Webb is the third player since June to leave the team. Wide receiver Ro Grigsby said in June he was forced out, and offensive lineman Ryan Schmidt enrolled at South Florida in early July.
In two seasons, Webb completed 111 of 199 passes for 1,371 yards and 12 touchdowns. He was intercepted nine times. He started 10 games during that span. In 2005, he was 4-1 as the starter, but his best performance of the season came in relief in Bill Snyder's final game, a 36-28 comeback victory against Missouri.
With Webb on the field, the Wildcats wiped out a 14-point third-quarter deficit.
The Wildcats are now left with three scholarship quarterbacks -- senior Dylan Meier, sophomore Allan Evridge and true freshman Josh Freeman. In April, Kevin Lopina announced he was leaving K-State; in June, he settled on Washington State.
"As I leave K-State, I want to thank my teammates and wish them well this season," Webb said. "But most of all, I want to thank the fans for their support during my highs and lows, specifically those who encouraged me after this year's spring game and made me feel welcomed at the university."

Octavian
7/28/2006, 12:22 AM
QB Webb to transfer from KSU to NAIA

BY JEFFREY MARTIN

The Wichita Eagle

Allen Webb is leaving Kansas State after his football scholarship was taken away.
Only three courses shy of graduation, the senior quarterback will transfer to Texas College, an NAIA school in Tyler, Texas.
"I understand the message being given to me," Webb said in a release.
K-State coach Ron Prince did not return a phone message left for him Wednesday.
Webb, a native of Denver, began his collegiate career at Indiana University, redshirting in 2002. He transferred to K-State in 2003. Because of the year of eligibility he lost through that transfer, Webb would lose his only remaining season of eligibility if he landed at another NCAA school, I-A or AA.
But he'll be eligible immediately at Texas College, a historically black institution with an enrollment of 870. The Steers -- whose colors are purple and gold -- were 7-4 last season and shared the Central States Football League championship with Langston.
His status at K-State, even after a strong showing in the spring game, was in question of late. But he is included in the school's recently released media guide.
Webb is the third player since June to leave the team. Wide receiver Ro Grigsby said in June he was forced out, and offensive lineman Ryan Schmidt enrolled at South Florida in early July.
In two seasons, Webb completed 111 of 199 passes for 1,371 yards and 12 touchdowns. He was intercepted nine times. He started 10 games during that span. In 2005, he was 4-1 as the starter, but his best performance of the season came in relief in Bill Snyder's final game, a 36-28 comeback victory against Missouri.
With Webb on the field, the Wildcats wiped out a 14-point third-quarter deficit.
The Wildcats are now left with three scholarship quarterbacks -- senior Dylan Meier, sophomore Allan Evridge and true freshman Josh Freeman. In April, Kevin Lopina announced he was leaving K-State; in June, he settled on Washington State.
"As I leave K-State, I want to thank my teammates and wish them well this season," Webb said. "But most of all, I want to thank the fans for their support during my highs and lows, specifically those who encouraged me after this year's spring game and made me feel welcomed at the university."

not unusual for a coach to "clean house" after arriving but...

the tone of the article and Webb's statement paint the incoming Coach Prince as the villain...

good :)

couldn't happen to a better fanbase and program...just unfortunate that we don't catch them on the '06 schedule.

Octavian
7/28/2006, 12:31 AM
heh.

thought so...

http://www.ksufans.com/forums/index.php?topic=2496.0

back to the basement you go

PlanOUred
7/28/2006, 12:34 AM
Prince doesn't put up with much....he has good discipline on his team. Also, KSU has excellent QB's on their roster. They have an incoming freshman this year that Neb wanted REAL bad. But KSU got him during the recruiting process....after Prince was named Head Coach. They are set at that position, but this does show what Prince is made of. He and Hawkins will have the North respectable again in a few short years.

Octavian
7/28/2006, 12:47 AM
are you tryin to ruin a *****cat bashin thread?

;)

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/28/2006, 01:14 AM
Prince doesn't put up with much....he has good discipline on his team. Also, KSU has excellent QB's on their roster. They have an incoming freshman this year that Neb wanted REAL bad. But KSU got him during the recruiting process....after Prince was named Head Coach. They are set at that position, but this does show what Prince is made of. He and Hawkins will have the North respectable again in a few short years.

http://www.ksufans.com/forums/Smileys/ksufans/nopityA.gif

Taxman71
7/28/2006, 06:13 AM
Posted by Purple Cobra: how much kool aid is left in the bottle before you realize that this guy is a prick who is gonna take us down?

Uh, note to Purple Cobra, KState is already down......and has been for the last 100 years.

caphorns
7/28/2006, 08:43 AM
Transferring to the same school as Ramonce by the way. Texas College at Tyler should have an interesting NAIA season and ya'll know where the party at now. Tyla holla!

Collier11
7/28/2006, 12:12 PM
I heard that they are rooming together and having a big party next weekend, but youre not invited unless you bring your grillz and your glock??

caphorns
7/28/2006, 12:26 PM
Tyla is blowing up ya'll. Right up there with ATL.