PDA

View Full Version : The boy should be a drama major!

Mrs. Norm
7/27/2006, 09:44 PM
The boy turns 6 tomorrow. He has been talking about his birthday for at least 3 months. The last two weeks he has been counting down. Well, he is going to bed tonight and Norm tells him, "Wow! It's your last night being five!" The boy seems excited. We are tucking him in, and I told him that when he wakes up tomorrow he will be 6...say night night to 5. The boy has a huge smile on his face! Then he says, "Five was great!" Then, he bursts into tears!!!! He was saying how he'll never see five again and that he will miss it. He cried for about 10 minutes! He finally stopped when I told him that he wouldn't officially be 6 until tomorrow evening. He told me to make sure I tell him when that time came.

RacerX
7/27/2006, 09:46 PM
Classic.

GottaHavePride
7/27/2006, 09:49 PM
And at that suggestions somewhere Norm is shouting a very Hayden Christensen-esque "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

pb4ou
7/27/2006, 09:58 PM
So sad :(, but yet cute. :D Congrats Mr & Mrs. Norm.

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/27/2006, 10:05 PM
[you can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life
see that boy, watch that scene, dig in the drama king]

you can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life
see that boy, watch that scene, dig in the drama king

Friday night and the lights are low
looking out for the place to go
where they play the right music, getting in the swing
you come in to look for a king
anybody could be that guy
night is young and the music's high
with a bit of rock music, everything is fine
you're in the mood for a dance
and when you get the chance

Chorus
you are the Drama King, young and sweet, only six, drama king, feel the beat from the tambourine
oh yeah

you're a teaser, you turn 'em on
leave them burning and then you're gone
looking out for another, anyone will do
you're in the mood for a dance
and when you get the chance

Chorus
you are the drama king, young and sweet, only six drama king, feel the beat from the tambourine
dig in the drama king
dig in the drama king
dig in the drama king

Mrs. Norm
7/27/2006, 10:10 PM
So sad :(, but yet cute. :D Congrats Mr & Mrs. Norm.

It was sad, but Norm and I couldn't help but laugh. We tried not to, but how could one not? :O

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/27/2006, 10:15 PM
Are you sure Stanley isn't the father ;)

Norm In Norman
7/27/2006, 10:16 PM
Speaking of Stanley, I got a haircut today and the chick almost shaved off my eyebrows.

MamaMia
7/27/2006, 10:27 PM
Ah, what a sweet little boy. Just explain that 5 has to go be with another little birthday boy who is 4 but turning 5. The exciting thing is that 6 is on its way over from a little boys house who will be 7. :)

Mrs. Norm
7/27/2006, 10:28 PM
Ah, what a sweet little boy. Just explain that 5 has to go be with another little birthday boy who is 4 but turning 5. The exciting thing is that 6 is on its way over from a little boys house who will be 7. :)

That's too cute! I'll try that tomorrow.

Norm In Norman
7/27/2006, 10:34 PM
Tomorrow I'm gonna try "Stop crying like a little girl, you aren't 5 any more."

OCUDad
7/27/2006, 11:11 PM
Ah, what a sweet little boy. Just explain that 5 has to go be with another little birthday boy who is 4 but turning 5. The exciting thing is that 6 is on its way over from a little boys house who will be 7. :)OUSAEmom, have you thought of changing your screen name to EVERYONESmom? :O

Soonrboy
7/27/2006, 11:12 PM
It cracks me up when my 8 year old talks about being 5, like it was decades ago. "Oh, I remember when I liked that toy, back when I was 5".

pb4ou
7/27/2006, 11:23 PM
heh, my son turns 1 next weekend.

oumartin
7/27/2006, 11:35 PM
enjoy them years you two.. it'll be puberty before you know it and it aint so cute anymore..
I had to teach my oldest how to use anti persperant a few weeks back.. Its freakin' depressing.

Blue
7/28/2006, 01:00 AM
http://www.utv13.org/assets/images/programming/midnightlive/homocil.jpg

;). I'm not making any friends am I?

Norm In Norman
7/28/2006, 07:50 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, THE BOY!

IB4OU2
7/28/2006, 08:02 AM
Happy Birthday Little Feller! :)

Mjcpr
7/28/2006, 08:04 AM
HB Norm, Jr

Howzit
7/28/2006, 08:12 AM
The boy turns 6 tomorrow. He has been talking about his birthday for at least 3 months. The last two weeks he has been counting down. Well, he is going to bed tonight and Norm tells him, "Wow! It's your last night being five!" The boy seems excited. We are tucking him in, and I told him that when he wakes up tomorrow he will be 6...say night night to 5. The boy has a huge smile on his face! Then he says, "Five was great!" Then, he bursts into tears!!!! He was saying how he'll never see five again and that he will miss it. He cried for about 10 minutes! He finally stopped when I told him that he wouldn't officially be 6 until tomorrow evening. He told me to make sure I tell him when that time came.

I did the same thing at 45.

Happy Birthday Boy.

Mjcpr
7/28/2006, 08:14 AM
I did the same thing at 45.

Wow....I can barely remember what I did even 20 years ago.

BlondeSoonerGirl
7/28/2006, 09:01 AM
Happy Birthday, The Boy!

Kiss him for me Mrs. Norm!

Not Norm...The Boy...:mack: