PDA

View Full Version : What a bunch of hypocrites

Sooner24
7/27/2006, 06:36 PM
http://www.journalstar.com/articles/2006/07/26/huskerextra/doc44c7e0303ff27210999684.txt

http://65.98.70.3/vbbs/showthread.php?t=40474

These are the same people saying Stoops should have kicked Dvoracek off the team but didn't because he wants to win at all cost. :rolleyes:

This kid even has to go back and do time in the summer.

I hear somethin' sayin'

(Hoo! Ah!)
(Hoo! Ah!)
(Hoo! Ah!)
(Hoo! Ah!)

(Well, don't you know)
That's the sound of the Husker working on the chain gang...
That's the sound of the Husker working on the chain gang

All day long they're singin'
(Hoo! Ah!)
(Hoo! Ah!)
(Hoo! Ah!)
(Hoo! Ah!)

(Well, don't you know)

All day long they work so hard
Till the sun is goin' down
Working on the highways and byways
And wearing, wearing a frown
You hear them moanin' their lives away
Then you hear somebody say...

Can't ya hear them singin'
Mmm, I'm goin' home one of these days
I'm goin' home and sexually assault my woman
Whom I love so dear
But meanwhile I got to work right here...

(Well, don't you know)
That's the sound of the Husker working on the chain ga-a-ang

All day long they're singin', mmm
My, my, my, my, my, my, my, my, my work is so hard
Give me water, I'm thirsty
My work is so hard

"How did you spend your summer vacation Major?" :O

snp
7/27/2006, 07:02 PM
Um, the fans weren't the ones that allowed him back. Not really their fault.

Sooner-N-KS
7/27/2006, 07:25 PM
These are the same people saying Stoops should have kicked Dvoracek off the team but didn't because he wants to win at all cost. :rolleyes:

Dvoracek was kicked off of the team. He then proved to Stoops that he changed his ways, and he was given another chance.

I am glad that we have a coach that doesn't tolerate trouble-makers, but he's willing to work with those that really want to better themselves.

cahusker
7/27/2006, 07:39 PM
Dvoracek was kicked off of the team. He then proved to Stoops that he changed his ways, and he was given another chance.

I am glad that we have a coach that doesn't tolerate trouble-makers, but he's willing to work with those that really want to better themselves.
You could make the case that Nebraska did the same thing with Richie Incognito. He was given a chance blew it and was kicked off. He was at the time the only talented linemen we had. In fact several guys have been kicked off under Callahan.

badger
7/27/2006, 08:24 PM
Dusty's a smart guy. He just made some bad decisions.

sooneron
7/27/2006, 08:32 PM
Sounds like Bill is picking up where Ol Tom left off with Phillips and Wistrom.

cahusker
7/27/2006, 09:59 PM
Sounds like Bill is picking up where Ol Tom left off with Phillips and Wistrom.
Actually Wistrom was a model athlete. Honor student and never once got into any trouble. He was a true leader.

sooner94
7/27/2006, 10:29 PM
I think he meant Peters instead of Wistrom. Both were part of brother tandems that played at Nebraska.

Soonerwolf
7/28/2006, 07:59 AM

The minute I saw that it was a husker sight - hypocrisy made sense. Callahan is a classless tool and everytime he opens his mouth, he gets in deeper.

It is a shame as Switzer and Osborne/Stoops and Solich had mutual respect for each other and played the OU/NU games with as much class off the field as on.

Callahan looks to be determined to have fued with Stoops/State of Oklahoma much as Darrell Royal did while at SAXET in the 70s.

Shame as it looks like Callahan will take one of the best rivalries in college football and turn it into a one way mud-slinging contest every chance he gets.

Too bad we don't playthem for 2 years now as I would have like the Sooners to hang 1/2 a 100 on them on a consistent basis. NU favored in the Big 12 North just shows who the Big 12 should become the Big 6/Little 6 - Bring Colorado down here and throw TAM up there as Franchione and Callahan would make a great pair of fools to showcase on ESPN, etc.

:hot: :texan: :twinkies:

royalfan5
7/28/2006, 08:52 AM
What, Callahan doesn't get any credit for booting a back-up fullback off the team this week for multiple rules violations? FWIW, Belloti let Culbert's partner in crime on to the Ducks. Also, Solich had way more criminals on his teams than Callahan has.

Soonerwolf
7/28/2006, 09:10 AM
What, Callahan doesn't get any credit for booting a back-up fullback off the team this week for multiple rules violations? FWIW, Belloti let Culbert's partner in crime on to the Ducks. Also, Solich had way more criminals on his teams than Callahan has.

Is that statement about Solich a well documented provable set of facts? Or is it hopeful speculation from a Husker fan supporting his present coach with a cronic condition of left foot in the mouthitis?

royalfan5
7/28/2006, 09:22 AM
Is that statement about Solich a well documented provable set of facts? Or is it hopeful speculation from a Husker fan supporting his present coach with a cronic condition of left foot in the mouthitis?
Solich let Josh Davis who was a convicted burgler on the team as well as Mark Leflore who plead guilty to multiple counts of sexual assualt. Then there was the entire Richie Incognito fiasco. That's just a start. Thunder Collins's exploits after to be up there as well. Not everybody fly cross country to beat up an ex-girlfriend. There have been far fewer discpline problems under Callahan's watch. The most trouble a Callahan recruit has gotten into is a DUI while at Nebraska. I'm sure every school has DUI's and other alcohol related incidents. It's going to happen at every College program, no matter who is the coach. Perhaps your trying to hard to make Callahan to be evil? Either way, Solich is no saint, and his own exploits are well known in Nebraska.

Spray
7/28/2006, 09:37 AM
Technically speaking its not "no-tolerance" if you give a second chance. There's not a coach in the coluntry operating under a strict no-tolerance policy.

I actually prefer a coach willing to look at every individual's situation seperately and make a judgment call. You win some, you lose some, but at least you are giving a kid an opportunity.

Now a guy like Willie Williams, on the other hand- he should have been playing for the Mean Machine from day 1.

Texas Golfer
7/28/2006, 09:40 AM
Dusty was kicked off the team for a whole season. This kid....not one game.

royalfan5
7/28/2006, 10:38 AM
Dusty was kicked off the team for a whole season. This kid....not one game.
He was likely going to redshirt anyway. Also, Belloti didn't kick off the other guy who was involved in the incident either. Is Belloti evil too? Plus, this situation and Dvoarcek are completly different, why expect the same result from both?

fadada1
7/28/2006, 10:56 AM
He was likely going to redshirt anyway.
well, that makes it all good then.

RedstickSooner
7/28/2006, 11:11 AM
Holy carp. They're talking about the kid like he was just "confused by girls", and somehow ended up being charged with first-degree sexual abuse because, well shucks, the delicate sex is plum mystifying.

As soon as my daughter hits puberty, I'm forbidding her from stepping foot in the state of Nebraska.

So, I guess in Nebraska, it's considered "shyness" if a boy gets all twiterpated at the sight of a girl, whips out the ol' salami, and starts to bang it against the furniture? I don't even know what the kid did to get charged with sexual abuse -- but I know it sure ain't something which can be explained away by the old adage that boys will be boys.

If you get charged with a crime, you're not dating. You're a predator.

What'd he & that other kid do, precisely, anyhow? Choke the chickens in front of some startled Duck fans?

n8v_ndn
7/28/2006, 12:15 PM
Culbert can serve his sentence next summer and would have options of work crew, work release and electronic monitoring.

Sounds like ADIDAS product development has a new project coming.

Soonerwolf
7/28/2006, 03:25 PM
He was likely going to redshirt anyway. Also, Belloti didn't kick off the other guy who was involved in the incident either. Is Belloti evil too? Plus, this situation and Dvoarcek are completly different, why expect the same result from both?

Paint it any way you want . . . Callahan was a tool as the Raiders coach (the Raiders for goodness sakes) and now he is taking a once proud program at NU and reducing it to a mere shell of its former self.

Can't wait until the Chad Roark recruit tampering issues surface in the near future - the only way Callahan could get a player away from Stoops in a head to head recruiting war !!!!!

:hot:

Dio
7/28/2006, 03:57 PM
Growing up and learning how to relate to young women is part of being a teenager.

Just, wow

royalfan5
7/28/2006, 04:49 PM
Paint it any way you want . . . Callahan was a tool as the Raiders coach (the Raiders for goodness sakes) and now he is taking a once proud program at NU and reducing it to a mere shell of its former self.

Can't wait until the Chad Roark recruit tampering issues surface in the near future - the only way Callahan could get a player away from Stoops in a head to head recruiting war !!!!!

:hot:
The program is in better shape than Solich left it in already. I realize Sooner fans hate Callahan, and have an inexplicable man crush on Solich.(Nebraska fans don't wax nostaligic about Gary Gibbs) But at somepoint you have recognize that Solich was passed out at the wheel of the NU program, and that NU wouldn't have been any great shakes the last two years no matter who was coaching. Culbert was convicted of a mismedemanor, the victims supported the reduced charges as well. Mike Belloti isn't being crucified for letting the other guy on to the Oregon team(which you play in the fall, where's the outrage there) Over the last two years, Callahan has cut discpline problems from the Solich era, and our team GPA has risen. I get it, you guys hate Callahan(and rightly so, from your perspective) but don't act like he is really allowing more renegades on the team that many other college coaches are right now. FWIW, I think we should of let Culbert go, but if the college is willing to accept him so be it. In the future Nebraska will have more players and recruits arrested, and I am willing to be OU will too. People will gnash their teeths about rightousness on message boards, but at the end of the day it will be college football as usual for both programs as well as every other non-military academy in the nation. It's stuff like that why there is the EDSBS Fulmer Cup standings.

The VIIIth
7/28/2006, 06:41 PM
You could make the case that Nebraska did the same thing with Richie Incognito. He was given a chance blew it and was kicked off. He was at the time the only talented linemen we had. In fact several guys have been kicked off under Callahan.

Hell, they've been coddling domestic and alchohol abuse at the UNL campus since LP drug Kate Mc Ewen down a flight of stairs in front of Scott Frost.

The Peters bro's and on and on...even TO wrote an article about alchohol abuse on campus.

Steroid U at Lincoln.

royalfan5
7/28/2006, 06:57 PM
Hell, they've been coddling domestic and alchohol abuse at the UNL campus since LP drug Kate Mc Ewen down a flight of stairs in front of Scott Frost.

The Peters bro's and on and on...even TO wrote an article about alchohol abuse on campus.

Steroid U at Lincoln.
Probably a lot longer than that. Devaney had a free drunk driving pass from the LPD. I just don't think getting into a ****ing match about which program has a less checked past is going to solve much. On the alcohol abuse, it's not really coddling when the whole state loves their binge drinking. There is a reason Nebraska ranks high in the alcohol consumption statistics, it's what we do for fun up here.

Statalyzer
7/28/2006, 07:35 PM

Except most players don't get another chance once their eligibility has expired.

goingoneight
7/29/2006, 01:02 PM
oooooh... i'm telling the ncaa...

:rolleyes:

goingoneight
7/29/2006, 01:07 PM
Except most players don't get another chance once their eligibility has expired.
Awww... in 2004 we did just fine at DT when Dusty left. We scored the number one-ranked DT recruit in 2005 and had G.K. McCoy in OUr back pockets. To make the point that Stoops has already made... Everyone acknowledged the fact that we would lose a given two or three games in 2005 and bringing in Dusty "as a desperate attempt to win at all costs" is just a ridiculous theory. His eligibilty didn't expire or we'd be in the can for it. You know, the NCAA actually penalizes OUr school for "violations (which the term is used lightly if you actually look at OUr so called short comings)."

SoonerJedi
7/29/2006, 07:38 PM
I think it is good to kick someone off the team that has a problem. It sends a message.

I also think it is good to give someone a second chance after some time has passed. That also sends a message.

Dio
7/30/2006, 05:22 AM
I just don't think getting into a ****ing match about which program has a less checked past is going to solve much.

The only reason so many Sooner fans want to argue the point is because Nebraska never got labeled as an "outlaw program" like we did, even though y'all probably had just as much crap going on. The media deified Nebraska/Osbourne and vilified Oklahoma/Switzer, and after a while the whole thing just made us want to puke.

Nice Solich "asleep at the wheel" reference, btw. ;)

royalfan5
7/31/2006, 05:15 PM
Nice Solich "asleep at the wheel" reference, btw. ;)
I do what I can.