PDA

View Full Version : Wow CFN really doesn't make sense!!!

soonerguild
7/27/2006, 05:55 PM
Ok so CFN has us beating the whorns in the south and then beating Nebbish in the title game. But in their unit rankings however the have the whorns having the best offense and best defense in the conference, while putting us at number 2 in both.

It gets worse however, and this is the funny part. Their defensive ranks go whorns, us, nebbish. However, D-line goes Nebbish, us, whorns.
Linebackers goes, Nebbish, us, whorns, secondary goes whorns, us, and nebbish 6.

So pretty much I don't understand how A) one team can have the best offense and defense in the conf. but not be the best team(even though we all know whorns suck), and B) they can have a better defense while our front seven is better, and how also the nebbish(supposedly) has the best front seven in the conf. has the third best D. Just doesn't add up to me anyway.

Goin for 8
Boomer Sooner

Readyfor8
7/27/2006, 06:06 PM
CFN doesn't have to make sense they are publication.

Seriously, if Nebraska and Texas are splitting Defensive bests, and we are second tier in every catagory then it has to be intangibles winning the games for us.

Personally I don't see us going undefeated this year and bringing home the BCS trophy. It could happen and the way things are stacking up if we win the BigXII and get past the ducks then we will be in the game. But I see the bottom half of the BigXII being alot better than last year and it will be a tough road ahead at the end of the year.

soonerguild
7/27/2006, 09:16 PM
Oh I hear ya im just sayin if your gonna publish something public like that you would think someone would see that and reconsider or something.

As far as going underfeated im not sayin its gonna happen but with as wide open as the field is, and with our defense things do look bright!!!

1991SOONER
7/27/2006, 09:26 PM
That must have been written by a whorn and must have resolved themselves to already getting beat, but will claim to have better talent. The thinking down here in Texas is that UT has had better talent than OU the last several years, but somehow OU seems to get lucky and beat them. Talk about twisted logic.

Lets see here....12-0, 65-13, 63-14

Awards: Heisman, Lombard trophy, Butkus award, Maxwell Award, Davey O'brien Award, Jim Thorpe Award.

I think all that speaks for itself about who has the talent...

soonerguild
7/27/2006, 09:34 PM
See that argument never made sense to me, wouldn't that really make it worse, i mean seriously i think that would be harder for me to handle anyway.

HarrisTubbsFan
7/27/2006, 10:07 PM
I think the CFN top 25 has Mizzou 25th and they have Mizzou finishing 4th or 5th in the South.