PDA

View Full Version : My BCS Title Game: OU v. Texas

Augusta_Sooner
7/27/2006, 11:42 AM
I know some of think I'm crazy, but hear me out first. I don't think there will be an undefeated team this year. There are no clear dominate teams, but anything is possible. Since I believe everyone will have at least 1 loss, it's important to point when that 1 loss will occur. For OU, their biggest chance of a loss will come early in the year to either Oregon or Texas (3rd and 5th games respectively). As for Texas, their biggest chance of losing a game will be against Ohio St. and OU (again, early in the year). Should both teams lose 1 game early in the year, it leaves them the majority of the season to climb back up the polls. Ofcourse, OU and Texas could lose a game late in the year, but the odds of them losing a game will be early in the season. Looking at Notre Dame, all offense, no defense. The defense will be improved, but it wasn't very good last year so they have room for improvement. Plus, their schedule is brutal (I believe they open at Ga. Tech). They play USC (on the road), Michigan, etc. No way they go undefeated. At least one loss, probably two. Ohio St., they lost 9 starters on defense! With so many new faces on defense, playing at Texas, I think they lose 2 games (Texas and one conference game). Texas will have a young qb, but Ohio St. will have a young defense. The one team that could sneek into the BCS game, not W. Virginia, not Louisville, but...............USC. They have to play Arkansas on the road, should be tough, but in the end too much talent for USC. I think they lose at least once, but depending on where they are ranked when the season starts, they could be right back in the title game. Plus, they have Notre Dame at home. OU and Texas will both be ranked in the top 6 or 7 to start the season. One loss a piece (early) will keep them around the top 10 with the majority of their games still remaining. I know it's a long shot for two teams from the same conference to play for the title, but you never know.

Sooner-N-KS
7/27/2006, 12:52 PM
I think a major point that was missed is that one team will not be the conference champion. Remember the fit that was thrown when OU went to the National Championship without winning the Big 12? I don't think they'll let that happen again.

CincySooner
7/27/2006, 03:50 PM
OU/xT for the championship? I dont think my nerves could handle that. Im barely capable of making words into sentances when we meet in regular season.

MiccoMacey
7/27/2006, 05:22 PM
I still think ND's defense will be more improved than what people are giving them credit for.

So what if they weren't world beaters last year. They were at least a decent/ average defense. They have NINE starters returning this year.

If we get to claim our defense will be better because they are one year older/experienced/stronger, they do as well.

ND is going to hurt some Sooner fans feelings who won't give credit to teams they don't like (and ND seems to be at the top of many Sooner fans' list).

AzianSooner
7/27/2006, 05:43 PM
Texasss was a good team last year and they captured the trophy. USC was also a good team and they were a legitimate contender.

But, this year is a total new game. Teams were good might not be anymore. Teams were not good might be a surprise.

OU-Txass might just be an important game but it might not be as big as a BCS game.

IMHO

badger
7/27/2006, 08:39 PM
remember when this was supposed to happen in 2003... and then we sent Texas to the Cotton Bowl :)

Rogue
7/27/2006, 08:43 PM
Lots of teams have weak schedules this year. The winners of the Big 10/11,SEC, Big XII, or Pac 10 could go undefeated this year more likely than other years. ND, WVU, and Boise State all have cupcake schedules and might pull it off. I keep hearing people predict no undefeated teams this year and I just don't agree. Course I could be wrong, but don't go bettin' on it.

goingoneight
7/27/2006, 10:34 PM
Finally, a guaranteed Sooner MNC victory.

RedstickSooner
7/28/2006, 11:34 AM
The only way OU plays Tejas for the NC is if we're undefeated, they have 1 loss (to us), and every other top-20 team has at *least* two losses.