PDA

View Full Version : Barry Collier a finalist for AD position at Butler

OUstud
7/27/2006, 11:10 AM
Would be good for NU's basketball program, I think.

royalfan5
7/27/2006, 11:26 AM
It would have me doing cartwheels.

King Crimson
7/29/2006, 10:25 PM
looks like it's going to happen according FOX sports.

i'm not sure what it says about NU hoops*, to take serious pay cut to go be AD at Butler. maybe BC just sees the writing on the wall. Danny Nee is looking better all the time. :D

*beat us twice last year.

royalfan5
7/31/2006, 08:18 PM
looks like it's going to happen according FOX sports.

i'm not sure what it says about NU hoops*, to take serious pay cut to go be AD at Butler. maybe BC just sees the writing on the wall. Danny Nee is looking better all the time. :D

*beat us twice last year.
Barry is a Butler Alum and Hall-of Famer. He also did a great job as HC of their basketball program. I think he will do a great job as their AD. His tenure at NU was plagued by poor administrative support and policies at the start, and it put him and his lack of creativity on offense behind the 8-ball from the start. Barry is a formidable defensive coach however, and hopefully that emphasis will carry over. I wish him nothing but luck in the future, and I am glad that Barry got to go out on his own terms because he has been nothing but a class act as head coach.(even if I wanted him gone for performance reasons for the past year and half) Hopefully the athletic department at NU will take this oppurtunity to make a renewed commitment to hoops.

OUstud
7/31/2006, 11:21 PM
Our paper suggested :eddie: for your coach, royal. :pop:

royalfan5
8/1/2006, 08:15 AM
Our paper suggested :eddie: for your coach, royal. :pop:
Well, Lincoln was ranked in the top 10 in the nation for binge drinking the last time the rankings came out.

william_brasky
8/1/2006, 11:34 AM
Well, Lincoln was ranked in the top 10 in the nation for binge drinking the last time the rankings came out.

Was that the AP or Coaches' Poll?