PDA

View Full Version : All Of My Problems Seem Trivial After Reading This.

FaninAma
7/27/2006, 10:33 AM
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/14047930/?GT1=8307

What can you say to this family?

1stTimeCaller
7/27/2006, 10:35 AM
wow. that is terrible.

Hamhock
7/27/2006, 10:38 AM
After his death, Jose Velez was awarded two Purple Hearts, the Bronze Star and a Silver Star. But burglars stole them all from his parents’ home in June.

i don't even have the words

olevetonahill
7/27/2006, 10:41 AM
I do
those kinda beings Rank rite up there with Child molester/killers and puppy dumpers . :mad:

jk the sooner fan
7/27/2006, 11:01 AM
heroes, both of those kids.....the brother was given the chance to go home after he learned his brother had been killed in action.....he chose to return to the fight

god bless that family.....what a sacrifice and example for so many

olevetonahill
7/27/2006, 11:12 AM
heroes, both of those kids.....the brother was given the chance to go home after he learned his brother had been killed in action.....he chose to return to the fight

god bless that family.....what a sacrifice and example for so many
YUP

Okla-homey
7/27/2006, 12:02 PM
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/14047930/?GT1=8307

What can you say to this family?

I'd say thanks for raising two great young men who laid down their lives at the altar of freedom.

jk the sooner fan
7/27/2006, 12:04 PM
I'd say thanks for raising two great young men who laid down their lives at the altar of freedom.

said perfectly

BlondeSoonerGirl
7/27/2006, 12:05 PM
Wurd.

And dang. :(

Ike
7/27/2006, 12:08 PM
Even thought it was nearly 150 year ago, Abe Lincoln still said it best.

Dear Madam,--

I have been shown in the files of the War Department a statement of the Adjutant General of Massachusetts that you are the mother of five sons who have died gloriously on the field of battle.

I feel how weak and fruitless must be any word of mine which should attempt to beguile you from the grief of a loss so overwhelming. But I cannot refrain from tendering you the consolation that may be found in the thanks of the Republic they died to save.

I pray that our Heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement, and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost, and the solemn pride that must be yours to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of freedom.

Yours, very sincerely and respectfully,

A. Lincoln

Sooner in Tampa
7/27/2006, 12:10 PM
God Bless the two men and their family in this really crappy time...and I hope whoever stole those medals gets theirs.

http://pressroom.hallmark.com/Images/PatrioticCards/2004/AmericasHeroes/Hero-5.jpg

Sooner in Tampa
7/27/2006, 12:12 PM
I'd say thanks for raising two great young men who laid down their lives at the altar of freedom.YMSSMR

Harry Beanbag
7/27/2006, 12:37 PM
Even thought it was nearly 150 year ago, Abe Lincoln still said it best.

I've wondered if that was actually a real letter since Saving Private Ryan. Ol' Abe definitely had a way with words.

And I offer my sincerest condolences and thanks to the Velez family for the high price they have paid as Americans.

Ike
7/27/2006, 12:40 PM
I've wondered if that was actually a real letter since Saving Private Ryan. Ol' Abe definitely had a way with words.

And I offer my sincerest condolences and thanks to the Velez family for the high price they have paid as Americans.

Well, it is real, but there is actually much debate over whether or not it was really written by Lincoln, or his secretary, or even a forger...

yermom
7/27/2006, 01:43 PM

you just have to worry about the human race sometimes...