PDA

View Full Version : New Football League?

OklahomaSooners
7/26/2006, 08:51 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/5818666?FSO1&ATT=HMA:texan:

GDC
7/26/2006, 08:57 PM
That could be cool.

OklahomaSooners
7/26/2006, 08:59 PM
So far the Big XII is not one of the Conferences.

swardboy
7/26/2006, 09:14 PM
The teams will play their games in the schools' facilities or in bowl stadiums. All 44-48 players per team must have graduated from college and exhausted their college eligibility.

Like the playing requirements....

badger
7/26/2006, 09:34 PM
did somebody say new football league???
http://www.lvrj.com/lvrj_home/2000/Jul-13-Thu-2000/photos/xfl.jpg

BoomerJack
7/26/2006, 09:39 PM
I think P.T. Barnum has been reincarnated in the person of Cedric Dempsey.

Snrfn4ever08
7/26/2006, 10:31 PM
did somebody say new football league???
http://www.lvrj.com/lvrj_home/2000/Jul-13-Thu-2000/photos/xfl.jpg
it's not even really fair to classify any new league with the xfl. that was a complete joke. besides, this would be minor league, it would be different

tbl
7/26/2006, 11:42 PM
Man, I forgot about the xfl.

Minor league football would be awesome. Arena is the suck, and the World league is in Europe.

Harry Beanbag
7/27/2006, 12:01 AM
I actually kind of liked the XFL.

badger
7/27/2006, 12:22 AM
I actually kind of liked the XFL.
i will admit, I did too and it disappointed me when I heard they were cutting losses.

it gave me remote hope that the nfl would make some changes to make the game more fan friendly. examples include:

1-More players mic'ed.
2-Locker-room cam!
3-Nicknames on jerseys
4-No fair catches (those are lame)
5-No coin tosses (equal with fair catches)

I thought that if it stuck around longer, the nfl would be forced to accept some of their ideas. However, it is now a running joke of "failed ideas."

Blue
7/28/2006, 12:16 AM
The great thing about this would be it employed your favorite Sooners who didn't make a NFL roster. Also each team would be regionalized so it would be like a Big 12 vs. Big 10 feel.

Texas Golfer
7/28/2006, 09:09 AM
OklahomaSooners stole my avatar.:mad:

caphorns
7/28/2006, 09:28 AM
Great idea. It would be fun to see if the Minor League Ags coached by RC could outdraw Frannocio's bunch. My bet is that they would.

soonervegas
7/28/2006, 10:13 AM
How many people would go to a Pro Football game at Owen Field in April or May that was filled with former OU, OSU, Texas, and A&M Players?

I am thinking many would.

RedstickSooner
7/28/2006, 11:15 AM
Anything to expand the number of months in the year when I can watch football would be a very good thing.

OklahomaSooners
7/28/2006, 01:12 PM

:confused: Ive had it since 11/2003- actually before that when the old sight was done away with, I had it then. :pop:

yermom
7/28/2006, 01:54 PM
How many people would go to a Pro Football game at Owen Field in April or May that was filled with former OU, OSU, Texas, and A&M Players?

affirmative

graduating AND using up all of their eligibility seems a little steep though

ultimatesooner1
7/28/2006, 02:38 PM
affirmative

graduating AND using up all of their eligibility seems a little steep though

yeah, cause Prentill Elliott can't support his family on his GUnit salary alone

badger
7/28/2006, 06:59 PM
:confused: Ive had it since 11/2003- actually before that when the old sight was done away with, I had it then. :pop:

it's a cool avatar--- I sort of like mine, however :D

I stole it from Oklahoma Gazette

Harry Beanbag
7/28/2006, 07:12 PM

Pssst, I had that one until you showed up here, then I changed it. ;)

Blue
7/28/2006, 11:05 PM

That may be, but see...you have 142 measly little posts. Golfer has over 3500. That makes him better than you and also gives him Avatar Seniority. :D

OUinFLA
7/28/2006, 11:43 PM
oh, great... "avatar smack"
add it to the list Baja

Big John
7/29/2006, 01:04 PM

I would really like to see players from OU like Ayodele, Kejuan, Bubba Moses, Rankins, Will Peoples, ect. getting a shot at playing in Norman again.

StoopTroup
7/29/2006, 01:09 PM
Jason White is my first pick as the new QB for the Tulsa Terrorists. :D

HarrisTubbsFan
7/29/2006, 02:55 PM
This would be good for even guys that are starts in college that just don't have what it takes in the NFL. But I think the AFL pretty much fills that void anymore. But it would be cool to see guys like Vince Carter, Torrance Marshall, Curtis Fagan, Antwon Savage, and the likes of those type of players.

73Easting
7/29/2006, 03:06 PM
XFL cheerleaders were very...um...nice..

yermom
7/29/2006, 03:09 PM
I would really like to see players from OU like Ayodele, Kejuan, Bubba Moses, Rankins, Will Peoples, ect. getting a shot at playing in Norman again.

Remi is a Raven for now i think

HarrisTubbsFan
7/29/2006, 03:19 PM
Remi is a Raven for now i think

True but who wants to bet he'll make a career out of it? There aren't a ton of undrafted guys that make it in the NFL for very long.

Off subject based on your avatar just saw Clerks II today good movie.

OklahomaSooners
7/30/2006, 10:53 PM
That may be, but see...you have 142 measly little posts. Golfer has over 3500. That makes him better than you and also gives him Avatar Seniority. :D

Actually LASOONER is the one that designed it. I recieved permission from him to use it. To me thats enough and I am going to continue to use it until he tells me to quit. Did he get permission? I dont think so! :pop: :twinkies:

badger
7/31/2006, 01:50 AM
Actually LASOONER is the one that designed it. I recieved permission from him to use it. To me thats enough and I am going to continue to use it until he tells me to quit. Did he get permission? I dont think so! :pop: :twinkies:

geez--- somebody add in an upside down whorn to the avatar so that one of yours is different and you'll both be happy. how else can you change a spinning helmet...

1- have bomar twirling football on one finger in left hand, twirling football helmet in other.

2- AD breakdancing (with helmet on) in endzone.

3-add text. suggestion: TEXAS SUCKS!

BajaOklahoma
7/31/2006, 04:19 AM
oh, great... "avatar smack"
add it to the list Baja

Already have it on the list from the last avatar wars.

OklahomaSooners
7/31/2006, 01:31 PM
geez--- somebody add in an upside down whorn to the avatar so that one of yours is different and you'll both be happy. how else can you change a spinning helmet...

1- have bomar twirling football on one finger in left hand, twirling football helmet in other.

2- AD breakdancing (with helmet on) in endzone.

3-add text. suggestion: TEXAS SUCKS!

Well im not the one that started this crap about avatars my friend, all I did was start the thread!! As far as I am concerned its silly to argue about such trivial things! Anyway, Im just sayin!!

badger
7/31/2006, 09:40 PM
okay, yes, you started the thread.

so, as it pertains to a new football league, perhaps you could use this helmet instead with your avatar?
http://www.myteamspirit.com/catalog/images/XFLLOGO.jpg

OklahomaSooners
8/1/2006, 12:48 PM
okay, yes, you started the thread.

so, as it pertains to a new football league, perhaps you could use this helmet instead with your avatar?
http://www.myteamspirit.com/catalog/images/XFLLOGO.jpg

Nope! Im a Sooner Fan, not an XFL fan on a Sooner board. Look at my user name for Christs sake, Quit worrying about my avatar, The season of College Football is upon us!!!! Geez :confused: What the heck did this thread turn into? Gang up on a fellow Sooner Fan thread? What ya want me to do? wear pink trousers so i dont look or have anything like anyone else? GROW UP!!! Want me to give up my user name because our beloved Sooners wear it? :mad:

Snrfn4ever08
8/1/2006, 12:50 PM
Nope! Im a Sooner Fan, not an XFL fan on a Sooner board. Look at my user name for Christs sake, Quit worrying about my avatar, The season of College Football is upon us!!!! Geez :confused: What the heck did this thread turn into? Gang up on a fellow Sooner Fan thread? What ya want me to do? wear pink trousers so i dont look or have anything like anyone else? GROW UP!!! Want me to give up my user name because our beloved Sooners wear it? :mad:
actually, yea. can't you think of anything original?

OklahomaSooners
8/1/2006, 12:56 PM
actually, yea. can't you think of anything original?

Even Your Sig is a quote by "lucky4" ((Wheres your originality?))