PDA

View Full Version : Kinky.

mrowl
7/26/2006, 07:52 PM
I think I may vote for this Kinky Friedman guy:

http://www.jewishworldreview.com/images/kinky_friedman.jpg

Perry is ticking me off with these new coal plants that he is rushing through approval, and the very stupid Trans-Texas Corridor. Why the F do we need a new tollway when the roads we have SUCK?

SCOUT
7/26/2006, 08:15 PM
I think I may vote for this Kinky Friedman guy:

http://www.jewishworldreview.com/images/kinky_friedman.jpg

Perry is ticking me off with these new coal plants that he is rushing through approval, and the very stupid Trans-Texas Corridor. Why the F do we need a new tollway when the roads we have SUCK?

I am going to vote against Perry on the Trans-Texas Corridor alone. A ten lane highway straight out of Mexico doesn't seem like that good of an idea to me. The eminent domain portion is enough to turn my stomach.

Kinky will probably get my vote.

OUinFLA
7/26/2006, 08:17 PM
Yet another thread title dissapointment

SicEmBaylor
7/26/2006, 08:22 PM
Anyone who votes for kinky gets my spek.

Flagstaffsooner
7/26/2006, 08:23 PM
Yet another thread title dissapointmentReally. The rest of us could give a **** about texass:texan: politics.

mrowl
7/26/2006, 08:25 PM
I am going to vote against Perry on the Trans-Texas Corridor alone. A ten lane highway straight out of Mexico doesn't seem like that good of an idea to me. The eminent domain portion is enough to turn my stomach.

Kinky will probably get my vote.

its insane. They are talking about acquiring a half mile wide strech for hundreds of miles. And I hope everyone realizes this road is really for Mexico's benefit.

What would benefit everyone? High speed trains between DFW -> Houston -> Austin - > San Antonio

OUinFLA
7/26/2006, 08:31 PM
What would benefit everyone? High speed trains between DFW -> Houston -> Austin - > San Antonio

Oh.............just wait until you hear about the cost of that little project.
The naive voters here in Fla passed a state mandate about 5 years ago to have high speed trains constructed between Tampa-Orlando-Jacksonville-Miami. It actually became a LAW that it begin 2 years ago.

Then..............the naive voters finally figured out the price tag.........almost one billion was gonna complete the Tampa - Orlando leg :eek:

Oh, no matter, just add a thousand dollars to the price of entry into Disney World and let the tourists pay for it. :D

It didnt take but 2 more years for the State voters to recind their earlier decision.

mrowl
7/26/2006, 08:32 PM
Oh.............just wait until you hear about the cost of that little project.
The naive voters here in Fla passed a state mandate about 5 years ago to have high speed trains constructed between Tampa-Orlando-Jacksonville-Miami. I actually became a LAW that it begin 2 years ago.

Then..............the naive voters finally figured out the price tag.........almost one billion was gonna complete the Tampa - Orlando leg :eek:

Oh, no matter, just add a thousand dollars to the price of entry into Disney World and let the tourists pay for it. :D

It didnt take but 2 more years for the State voters to recind their earlier decision.

yes, I realize this, but your price tag would still be less than the cost of this corridor they have planned.

Total cost for the WHOLE corridor? $183 BILLION and when was the last time a government project was at or under budget?

OUinFLA
7/26/2006, 08:37 PM
never

PhilTLL
7/26/2006, 08:44 PM
Vote Kinky: "Why the hell not?"

Seriously, I would buy votes for Kinky if he wanted me to. (cough PM me cough)

(FEC spies: just kidding.)

BajaOklahoma
7/26/2006, 08:59 PM
its insane. They are talking about acquiring a half mile wide strech for hundreds of miles. And I hope everyone realizes this road is really for Mexico's benefit.

Word.
But don't worry about the cost - they will just raise the tolls on 121, Bush and North Dallas toll roads to fund it. :rolleyes:

OUinFLA
7/26/2006, 09:29 PM
Word.
But don't worry about the cost - they will just raise the tolls on 121, Bush and North Dallas toll roads to fund it. :rolleyes:

Oh? Well, then, that's OK, I never use those roads.
:D

Half a Hundred
7/27/2006, 12:13 AM
WHY THE HELL NOT?

BajaOklahoma
7/27/2006, 12:19 AM
Oh? Well, then, that's OK, I never use those roads.

:P
Seriously.
Move up here. Join us.

soonerjoker
7/27/2006, 07:48 AM
i'd rather have electric than kinky. he has no solutions, just cute one-liners.

and i ain't jokin !!!!

willie would probly get a hi-ranking job.

jk the sooner fan
7/27/2006, 07:58 AM
i'd rather have electric than kinky. he has no solutions, just cute one-liners.

exactly, he took calls yesterday afternoon on the ticket......couldnt answer a question any straighter than any other politician

then he says he will give lance armstrong a job because he trusts him to take care of things

wtf? he's a cyclist....that doesnt mean he's stupid but really, i'd like somebody in government to have a clue about laws and the total process

so far i'm leaning towards voting for strayhorn....if she comes out with something i'm not a fan of, then i just wont vote

jeremy885
7/27/2006, 08:02 AM
willie would probly get a hi-ranking job.

He'll probably become head of the Texas Department of Revenue.

jk the sooner fan
7/27/2006, 08:03 AM
He'll probably become head of the Texas Department of Marijuana.

fixed it for you

Mjcpr
7/27/2006, 08:06 AM
So this guy is running for..............?

jeremy885
7/27/2006, 08:07 AM
We need someone with knowledge and experience and I feel Willie would be perfect for both ;)

jk the sooner fan
7/27/2006, 08:14 AM
So this guy is running for..............?

governor

alot of times his answer is "i dont know what i'd do to fix that problem, i'd get alot of smart people around me to make the best decision"

jeremy885
7/27/2006, 08:20 AM
governor

alot of times his answer is "i dont know what i'd do to fix that problem, i'd get alot of smart people around me to make the best decision"

Isn't that what Bush did back in 2000?

Rogue
7/30/2006, 08:36 PM
Texas politics still interest me. Gov. Goodhair is a chump.