PDA

View Full Version : Faces of Death

Penguin
7/26/2006, 12:46 PM
Has anybody seen any of these videos?

I saw a few of them when I was in high school. There's only one scene that I still remember.

There was a parachuting competition in southern Florida where (I guess) they compete on who can land closest to a target. Well, a big gust of wind took one guy off course. Change scenes to Gatorama, a local gator farm. There are several tourists with video cameras and it's feeding time. Right before the handlers start feeding fresh meat to the gators, our parachutist lands right in the middle of the pit. Apparently, the scenes were too gorey for even Faces of Death as the scene was pretty censored. You hear people screaming and then you some dude yell "Help!" *gurgle*. Then, it was over. Next you hear some redneck say, "****! Look what they done to him!"

Needless to say, there wasn't much left.

Ah, good times.

PS, I will never skydive. Especially in Florida.

C&CDean
7/26/2006, 12:47 PM
I have skydived. In Florida. And I ain't gator bait.

OklahomaTuba
7/26/2006, 12:49 PM
Wow.

Our educational system really needs help if they show this in high schools. ;)

IB4OU2
7/26/2006, 12:50 PM
I have skydived. In Florida. And I ain't gator bait.

Ain't that tain't gator bait?......

C&CDean
7/26/2006, 12:51 PM
Heh.

Partial Qualifier
7/26/2006, 12:51 PM
I remember the guy who set himself on fire. And the Florida sherriff who tried lassoing (sp?) a gator, then holding on tight while standing up in his rickety-*** little boat :eek: Those are the only two I remember

OhU1
7/26/2006, 12:53 PM
I'd be astounded if any of that stuff was real.

etouffee
7/26/2006, 12:54 PM
Cant remember if it was part 1 or part 2, but the scene where they beat the live monkey to death with hammers and ate his brains was pretty cool. there was an electric chair thing, but i'm pretty sure that was staged.

Pricetag
7/26/2006, 01:18 PM
I saw IV at the Admiral Twin quite awhile back. It was 100 percent staged. "Jeez, it's a good thing someone had set up a camera high up in the corner at a perfect angle to capture this cave in!"

Boomhauer
7/26/2006, 01:26 PM
I remember the death penalty in some other country. They tied a man up to a tree and then tied each of his limbs to ropes that were tied up to horses. The sound of the crack of the whip and the horses took off. Next thing you knew you saw a man with just a torso. Pretty neat stuff!

Partial Qualifier
7/26/2006, 01:27 PM
Cant remember if it was part 1 or part 2, but the scene where they beat the live monkey to death with hammers and ate his brains was pretty cool. there was an electric chair thing, but i'm pretty sure that was staged.

ah okay I rememer those too. The monkey thing was very disturbing because it was obviously real. And I felt the same way about the electric chair.. idunno, a little to documentary-ish & clean to be real. Who knows. That was all in FOD #1 (I think)

GDC
7/26/2006, 02:15 PM
They made us watch those in driver's ed. I remember a couple of guys burned up, and a motorcyclist who was cautious enough to wear a helmet, but unfortunately it didn't prevent his head being tore off.

etouffee
7/26/2006, 02:20 PM
yeah, we saw one in drivers ed where some dumbass in a convertible got drunk and tried to drive thru a big concrete culvert, thinking it was a tunnel. took most of his head off but left the stunned mouth.

colleyvillesooner
7/26/2006, 02:23 PM
There are two kinds of people in this world. Those that like watching stuff like Faces of Death, and those that don't.

GDC
7/26/2006, 02:25 PM
There are two kinds of people in the world, those that group people into two groups, and those that don't.

LSUMeathead
7/26/2006, 02:29 PM
I remember seeing FOD 1, 2, & 3 between my senior year in HS & freshman year in college. It was pretty twisted stuff, but the only scene I vividly remember was the electric chair & the monkey. I agree that the monkey was probably real, but the electric chair looked like it was staged. If I recall correctly, the guy started bleeding from his eyes a little too close to "on cue"

soonerscuba
7/26/2006, 02:31 PM
Sorry to be a downer guys.

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/madmen/snuff.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faces_Of_Death

GDC
7/26/2006, 02:34 PM
I thought Hostel was based on a true story.

crawfish
7/26/2006, 02:45 PM
There are two kinds of people in the world, those that group people into two groups, and those that don't.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those that understand binary and those that don't.

Obligatory nerd post.

NYSooner1355
7/26/2006, 06:36 PM
A noted scene includes the killing of a live monkey, which is then prepared and served to patrons of a gourmet restaurant. This scene, like many others, was faked.

are you kidding me??? I saw that scene when I was like 6-7 years old and it has disturbed me ever since! Now I find out it was fake?!?! bastiges...

btw - my older brother was watching it and walked into the room and was transfixed until they started eating the monkeys brain and I remember being disgusted and ran out - I think I kept going back to see parts of it though because the other part I remember is the person getting yanked into the swamp by an alligator

StoopTroup
7/26/2006, 06:46 PM
I ate a silverback gorrilla's brain to just show what a bunch of wussies those people were.

Now I feel sick.

birddog
7/26/2006, 07:12 PM
i just remember you had to go to some grade c video store to find the videos. i can't believe i watched that crap. what about the dude that got chopped up by the boat engine? i think there were 12 cameras so it wasn't real. but still, it scared the be-jesus outta me.