PDA

View Full Version : roster changes

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
7/26/2006, 12:11 PM
looks like all of our recruits have reported and been added to the rosters except

chris patterson
daniel tabon
malcolm williams

chad roark is also not on the roster. we stand at 83 with ian pleasant being the unknown as to whether he has been put on scholarship. we have 9 seniors. that is a low scholly total, especially if any of the above are gray shirts. linebacker once again took the biggest hits...

I_Live_In_OK
7/26/2006, 01:11 PM
yeah it did

Demarrio (penciled starter)
Zach
Curtis Lofton
Reynolds (we know what happened)
Baker
Rufus
Lamont Robinson (not ready)

is that it? I mean...is that really it? wow.

HarrisTubbsFan
7/26/2006, 01:15 PM
Tabon should be in by Practice which will help the depth.

soonerboy_odanorth
7/26/2006, 01:22 PM
jkm... can you dig up any more on Tabon? I thought I'd read somewhere (not talking random post, but a legit source) that he was squared away and ready to go....

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
7/26/2006, 01:51 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/search.php?searchid=215521

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
7/26/2006, 01:52 PM
he's a little late btw...

NormanPride
7/26/2006, 02:10 PM
I'm expecting a lot more Nickel-type D this year to preserve LB depth and take advantage of DB depth.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
7/26/2006, 02:18 PM
I'm expecting a lot more Nickel-type D this year to preserve LB depth and take advantage of DB depth.

opposing QBs are like :pop:

I_Live_In_OK
7/26/2006, 02:24 PM
i thought reggie smith had a 2003 brodney pool/rufus alexander-esque spring game. those guys tore it up in the scrimmage. you knew they were gonna be good.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
7/26/2006, 02:29 PM
and the other 4 to 5?

I_Live_In_OK
7/26/2006, 02:37 PM
The last time I criticized DJ Wolfe's timid play at corner was three minutes before he returned a pick six at Lawrence. So I kept my mouth shut the rest of the way en route to what was, imo, a performance more deserving of second team All-Big 12 than Chijoke Onyourwaytofreeagency's play last season.

Nick Harris > Darien Williams
Keenan Clayton > Jason Carter > Lewis Baker
Marcus Walker = Marcus Walker

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
7/26/2006, 02:40 PM
Nick Harris > Darien Williams
Keenan Clayton > Jason Carter > Lewis Baker
Marcus Walker = Marcus Walker

our corners are solid, but the interior DBs scare me. we go to a nickel or a dime and you could have 3 or 4 of the guys above in at the same time (as baker is now back at linebacker).

TheGodfather889
7/26/2006, 03:06 PM
We're fine at linebacker for this season obviously. But Bob,the rest of the coaches and the recruiting coordinators need to get on the recruiting trail to find more linebackers!

MikeInNorman
7/26/2006, 03:12 PM

Over BV's dead body. ;)

Landthief 1972
7/26/2006, 03:18 PM
I have a gut feeling that BV is going to find a way to get another one of those stud DEs in the game more often. That's too much talent to leave on the sideline.

snp
7/26/2006, 03:21 PM
We're fine at linebacker for this season obviously. But Bob,the rest of the coaches and the recruiting coordinators need to get on the recruiting trail to find more linebackers!

We've already signed 2 and aren't going for anymore.

Tear Down This Wall
7/26/2006, 03:53 PM
Pleasant is a freaking monster. They should have cut him loose at DE last year when everybody was injured.

As to LB depth, Lewis Baker would be there if Stoops would just let the 1,562 safeties he's recruited play safety.

Either way, Texas will eat AD's dust this year, and C.J., Calvin, Larry, Demarrio, Rufus, and Zach will take turns planting the 'Horn QBs and their vaseline violated backsides deep into the part of the earth's crust known as the Cotton Bowl.

WAR!

MikeInNorman
7/26/2006, 04:01 PM

If Mikey were still here he'd play all dime, all the time. :eek:

Jello Biafra
7/26/2006, 04:09 PM
Either way, Texas will eat AD's dust this year, and C.J., Calvin, Larry, Demarrio, Rufus, and Zach will take turns planting the 'Horn QBs and their vaseline violated backsides deep into the part of the earth's crust known as the Cotton Bowl.

WAR!

*snicker*

toast
7/26/2006, 04:12 PM

We lose Rufus and Latimer, but we have the 2 already mentioned commitments, Reynolds back from injury and Patterson may be eligible for 2007 (no inside information, just that it's been three years and still no Patterson on campus).

Jello Biafra
7/26/2006, 04:32 PM
We lose Rufus and Latimer, but we have the 2 already mentioned commitments, Reynolds back from injury and Patterson may be eligible for 2007 (no inside information, just that it's been three years and still no Patterson on campus).

maybe "patterson" is just an attempt to keep alexander on campus for a few more years. have you ever noticed rufus and patterson have never been mentioned in the same post and they've never been seen together anywhere else? ;)

I_Live_In_OK
7/26/2006, 05:28 PM
Yes, the safeties are the only concerns on the defense to me as well.

Whether it is the case of waiting for someone to step up (very promising offseason for a couple of young guys so far) or if it is a reoccuring source of our blown coverages, we will only find out.

I find the move of RS to CB to be a vote of confidence for the depth we have back there to find some diamonds in the rough. I just have difficulty finding things to make me happy about Jason Carter.

HarrisTubbsFan
7/26/2006, 05:31 PM

If there are no injuries we are just fine. We'll be deeper for next year depending on how good the recruits are. And if Patterson qualifies(fingers crossed)

I_Live_In_OK
7/26/2006, 05:40 PM
If there are no injuries, everybody everywhere doing anything would be just fine.

What do we have going on next season?

olb — RReynolds/Baker
olb — Pleasant
mlb — Lofton? eh...

Baker's a floater out there on the defense. I remember him playing @ 200 lbs as a middle linebacker a few years ago. I still don't think Lamont Robinson will be ready even next year, but who knows and Chris Patterson went from five star (according to Scout two years ago) lineback recruit to being someone we need to have on the team just for the sake of another body. Throw in Tabon for good measures, and depth is quite inadequate.

HarrisTubbsFan
7/26/2006, 05:49 PM
Next year we may add Patterson, we have Lamont Robinson in his 3rd year. And Tabon will be in his 2nd year. Then we have the recruits. I think there will be more bodies at LB then this year. This year we don't have Reynolds for the fall. We have Ian Pleasant as one of our top backups. Nothing against him as a person he works hard but he's a walk-on.

MojoRisen
7/26/2006, 07:05 PM
Didn't we land a 250 pound Juco Superstar- recruited by all SEC powerhouses before he didn't qualify- he has 3 years two- I forget his name but he is a manster- could play right away-

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
7/26/2006, 07:35 PM
yes, but i think he'll have 3 to play 3

soonerboy_odanorth
7/26/2006, 07:42 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/search.php?searchid=215521

Nut-n-honey...

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
7/26/2006, 10:45 PM
hmm, searches time out. who knew

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72626&highlight=tabon
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72550&highlight=tabon