PDA

View Full Version : It's all about that U!

NormanPride
7/26/2006, 11:46 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2526104

auto
7/26/2006, 11:55 AM
Pure greatness.:pop:

Snrfn4ever08
7/26/2006, 02:05 PM
u must stand for bullet up uranus:D

Jason White's Third Knee
7/26/2006, 02:40 PM
Don't you get it?

He's a F'n soldier. Of course he had his weapon handy.

They try to kill you, You try to kill them.

Word.

bstuff1979
7/26/2006, 02:47 PM
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n172/wbennettberry/uhave.jpg

ouradu
7/26/2006, 04:53 PM
This just seems wrong:

The house is owned by Hurricanes defensive backs coach Tim Walton and rented to players with approval from the school's compliance office.

I bet he rents it to them furnished with big screen HD television and other "necessities".

fadada1
7/26/2006, 05:22 PM
"Police said Meriweather used his gun legally."

don't know about the rest of you, but i was sure glad i went to freshman orientation to pick up my glock.

WTF does a college student need a gun for???

never mind, it's miami. they're not really college students.

Snrfn4ever08
7/26/2006, 10:36 PM
Don't you get it?

He's a F'n soldier. Of course he had his weapon handy.

They try to kill you, You try to kill them.

Word.
funny. i was waitin for someone to bring that up:D

Jason White's Third Knee
7/27/2006, 09:53 AM
http://www.poster.net/50-cent/50-cent-gun-5200138.jpg

Welcome to Miami, freshman. Here's your gun and your permit.

Jack T.
7/27/2006, 10:08 AM
"Police said Meriweather used his gun legally."

don't know about the rest of you, but i was sure glad i went to freshman orientation to pick up my glock.

WTF does a college student need a gun for???

never mind, it's miami. they're not really college students.

I hate Miami as much as any other red-blooded Sooner fan. . .but:

1) WTF difference does it make why he "needed" a gun. I don't need a car that goes 150mph, but by golly I've got one.
2) He was *legally* able to carry a concealed weapon. He jumped through the necessary hoops to get a permit.
3) The shooting occured off campus
4) Bad guy shoots somebody, this guy shoots bad guy. How is that a bad thing?

Jason White's Third Knee
7/27/2006, 10:12 AM

1) WTF difference does it make why he "needed" a gun. I don't need a car that goes 150mph, but by golly I've got one.
2) He was *legally* able to carry a concealed weapon. He jumped through the necessary hoops to get a permit.

I think what most of us are going for here is that U of Miami is filled with bad guys. That's the bad thing.

Snrfn4ever08
7/27/2006, 01:11 PM
I think what most of us are going for here is that U of Miami is filled with bad guys. That's the bad thing.
i concur

Soonermagik
7/27/2006, 01:51 PM

This kid is a thug with a legal gun, and sometimes there are loopholes in the system. :rolleyes: Secondly, most college athletes don't have these kind of problems, if they wouldn't associate themselves with trash, then these types of problems wouldn't arise.

bstuff1979
7/27/2006, 02:14 PM
sometimes you can't help things, like: socio-economic conditions, your family, your peers, and so on while growing up. other times, you can. my point is, I can't stand "this U" and if one of their players so much as sneezes I'll more than likely be a little criticle. they really screwed up the 1980's for OU and, in addition to the "Jewel of the South", Jimmy Johson, Dennis Erickson, Mr. Green Jeans, and so on ...there's plenty of reason to throw out some schaudenfreud. If OU can take care of things next year vs. the canes, then it'll be a little closer to just not caring what goes on over there.

Snrfn4ever08
7/27/2006, 02:29 PM
this is the first wallpaper i've ever made, so it isn't the best, but hey, what can i say. the actual picture is pretty big, so i'm just posting a thumbnail.

http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/4066/meriweatherwallpaperrr7.th.jpg (http://img236.imageshack.us/my.php?image=meriweatherwallpaperrr7.jpg)

Texas Golfer
7/28/2006, 08:59 AM
What isn't being said is why someone would want to shoot Cooper in the first place. I don't think this was a random act.

bstuff1979
7/28/2006, 09:40 AM
What isn't being said is why someone would want to shoot Cooper in the first place. I don't think this was a random act.

were any fsu players in the area at the time?

RedstickSooner
7/28/2006, 10:53 AM
4) Bad guy shoots somebody, this guy shoots bad guy.

No, he didn't.

He shot AT the bad guy.

It's irresponsible to carry a weapon -- permit or not -- without being able to use that weapon in a COMPETENT manner.

The fact that he missed showed that he's not up to the responsibility of carrying a concealed weapon. That's how innocent bystanders get shot.

Snrfn4ever08
7/28/2006, 12:51 PM
No, he didn't.

He shot AT the bad guy.

It's irresponsible to carry a weapon -- permit or not -- without being able to use that weapon in a COMPETENT manner.

The fact that he missed showed that he's not up to the responsibility of carrying a concealed weapon. That's how innocent bystanders get shot.
exactly, and this whole thing probably started with bad guy shooting the bad guy in the butt. it was probably a full-blown gang fight, they're just trying to keep that a secret

Jack T.
7/29/2006, 07:44 AM
No, he didn't.

He shot AT the bad guy.

Well that rules out about 99.5% of the law enforcement community.

Listen, I hate Miami worse than Texas. I totally agree that the team is likely a bunch of thugs, and has been since Jesus was a wee lad. My only contention was the idea that guns were bad and college students had no need for them. It coulda been a gang fight, the shooter coulda was in a place he shouldn't have been. . .but the fact remains. That kid had every legal right in the world to do what he did.

And yes, if we can take care of them in 2007 I too will be that much closer to not caring at all what happens in South Florida.

boomrsoonr
7/29/2006, 07:23 PM
Geeze guys. Give the guy a break. If someone was shooting at me, I'd hope that someone would be there to shoot back. I don't care what jersey they wear.

Don't even try to tell us that you've shot firearms and never missed. Especially when being shot at.

Jason White's Third Knee
7/31/2006, 11:42 AM
Well that rules out about 99.5% of the law enforcement community.

Listen, I hate Miami worse than Texas. I totally agree that the team is likely a bunch of thugs, and has been since Jesus was a wee lad. My only contention was the idea that guns were bad and college students had no need for them. It coulda been a gang fight, the shooter coulda was in a place he shouldn't have been. . .but the fact remains. That kid had every legal right in the world to do what he did.

And yes, if we can take care of them in 2007 I too will be that much closer to not caring at all what happens in South Florida.

This is a pretty crappy post. I am all for the right to bare arms. I own 2 firearms and haven't shot them in 20 years. I don't have any reason to shoot them other than to make sure that they are functional.

Are you dissing cops? That's f'n pathetic. Cops have a ****ty job dealing with killers, thieves, druggies, hookers, nut jobs, fighters and just plain ol' every day *******s, just to keep order in our streets. I know pleanty of them and they are good people that just get jaded by putting up with BS day in and day out. BS not unlike the kind that you are spewing in that last post.

Cops train frequently with their weapons to make sure that they use them safely and accurately. They also train so they don't have to use them. Most cops haven't shot a pistol while on duty.

If you are worried about tickets and such I don't like getting traffic tickets, but hey, if I f up, it's on me. Not on them.

This thug had the gun in his pocket because he put himself in harm's way. Don't try to deny it. He needed the gun because he put himself in the position to need it.

If we win, you won't care if they carry pistols or not? Wow. Way to devalue your opinions.

Snrfn4ever08
7/31/2006, 02:44 PM
This is a pretty crappy post. I am all for the right to bare arms. I own 2 firearms and haven't shot them in 20 years. I don't have any reason to shoot them other than to make sure that they are functional.

Are you dissing cops? That's f'n pathetic. Cops have a ****ty job dealing with killers, thieves, druggies, hookers, nut jobs, fighters and just plain ol' every day *******s, just to keep order in our streets. I know pleanty of them and they are good people that just get jaded by putting up with BS day in and day out. BS not unlike the kind that you are spewing in that last post.

Cops train frequently with their weapons to make sure that they use them safely and accurately. They also train so they don't have to use them. Most cops haven't shot a pistol while on duty.

If you are worried about tickets and such I don't like getting traffic tickets, but hey, if I f up, it's on me. Not on them.

This thug had the gun in his pocket because he put himself in harm's way. Don't try to deny it. He needed the gun because he put himself in the position to need it.

If we win, you won't care if they carry pistols or not? Wow. Way to devalue your opinions.
nice post. ymssra

Jack T.
7/31/2006, 02:54 PM
You own 2 firearms that haven't been shot in 20 years except to make sure they are functional? And that makes you an expert on why somebody else would need/use a firearm?

If you would say that pointing out the fact that the average law enforcement office is *not* a "gun nut" and shoots just enough to qualify, thus almost *guaranteeing* they will miss their target at least once is a diss of cops, then yes, yes I am dissing cops. That comment was in response to a poster who said anybody who couldn't hit their target 100% of the time didn't deserve to carry a firearm.

Who said anything about traffic tickets?

He put himself in harm's way? By being in his own front yard? Maybe you know something about this case that I don't. . .I'm just going by the ESPN article, which stated "Cooper and Meriweather told police they noticed a suspicious car parked outside their home near campus shortly after 6:30 a.m. When they went outside to investigate, a person crouched next to the house jumped up and shot Cooper." I guess a woman wearing a halter top would be setting herself up for a rape, huh?

I'm done. Neg me all you want.