PDA

View Full Version : cfn's Top 10 teams...

The Maestro
7/26/2006, 10:43 AM
http://www.collegefootballnews.com/2006/Rankings/Preview2006_1_10.htm

USC and Texas are the best teams in America...THIS year?

Um....okay. So, no more Vince for Texas--I mean, the guy was responsible for over 400 yards in the Rose Bowl. No more Matt, Reggie and Lendale for USC--about 500 yards in EVERY game for USC the last two years--and they are the best?

Okay...

JohnnyMack
7/26/2006, 10:58 AM
Saxet is loaded talent-wise. If they can get by tOSU at home early in the season, look out. If they struggle containing the Buckeye's offensive weapons and there is even a hint of a QB controversy they could be 9 - 3.

I just don't see how SUC is expected to turn in an 11 win season with all the turnover, the turmoil and the schedule. At Arkansas is a trap game, Nebbish and ASU are challenges to say the least and if SUC can finish the season with consecutives wins over Oregon, Cal, Notre Dame and @ UCLA I'll kiss your ***.

TexanSooner420
7/26/2006, 11:08 AM
usc and texas will both lose 2+, OU will lose one, but not to texas, and its not gonna change the fact that we will be in arizona come jan.

lsu_fan_in_ok
7/26/2006, 11:14 AM
http://www.collegefootballnews.com/2006/Rankings/Preview2006_1_10.htm

USC and Texas are the best teams in America...THIS year?

Um....okay. So, no more Vince for Texas--I mean, the guy was responsible for over 400 yards in the Rose Bowl. No more Matt, Reggie and Lendale for USC--about 500 yards in EVERY game for USC the last two years--and they are the best?

Okay...

I dont understand that one either......i would ranked OU ahead of tx for sure an USC at that.

Flagstaffsooner
7/26/2006, 11:37 AM
Well, powder my balls with a cholla cactus. Let the little ignorant snots say all they want about the gehyest programs in the country.

WIN IT ON THE TURF.

soonervegas
7/26/2006, 12:04 PM
usc and texas will both lose 2+, OU will lose one, but not to texas, and its not gonna change the fact that we will be in arizona come jan.

It looks like this website predicts Texas to lose two games to OU's one...but still has them ranked higher, interesting. They must just be looking at team strength on this regardless of record, interesting.

soonervegas
7/26/2006, 12:06 PM
One other thing to add.....if this website was 100% accurate and USC, OU, Miami, and Auburn all finished with one loss....any ideas one of the two teams that would be left out of the national title game?

I_Live_In_OK
7/26/2006, 12:59 PM
2007 is going to be wide open. There are zero teams in that top ten list that doesn't have major problems potentially brewing.

Trojans - green runningbacks, a defense questioning themselves, injuries everywhere and August isn't even here

Texas - a rotation at quarterback is likely at the beginning of the year, post-rotation you're still ending up with a freshmen

Buckeyes - incredible losses to the draft in recent years, @ UT, @ IA, @ MSU, green secondary, linebackers, can Ginn catch 80 balls?

Us - play of safeties, special teams, must have consistent offensive line play in an up year for defensive linemen in the Big 12, waiting (key word) for an improving Bomar

Miami - looks like the beginning of a decline (mediocre adjustments by coaches exposed in recent years, decline in explosive athletes, zero recruits in Phil Steele's 2006 top ten at QB, RB, WR, TE, DL, LB, S, CB and OL)

Auburn - Tigers actually look solid all around, I know a lot of people don't believe in Brandon Cox yet

LSU - Tigers only averaged 3.8 ypc last year, loses three starters @ OL, must go @ AUB, @ UF, @ Tenn

Cal - not a terribly difficult schedule, they go to Tennesee and USC, still have to decide on a QB (if they haven't already on Longshore), loss three All Pac 10 linemen (OT Callaghan - New England Patriots, G Mertz - Buffalo Bills, C Phillip - Pittsburgh Steelers)

Gators - slow offensively last year, leading rusher only had 621 yds, I think they will lose in Jacksonville this year and finish third in the SEC East behind the Bulldogs and SOUTH CAROLINA

Tennesee - Vols have been pretty dependable at getting injured, a lot of off the field troubles as well, need Ainge to get better like we do Bomar

Overall, I think Auburn and Ohio State actually have the fewest question marks (I think Ohio State is talented, just that we don't know who their defense has...I mean, can you really expect a Jim Tressell team to be bad defensively?). I really wouldn't be surprised if a team ranked in the mid 20s make a strong run at the MNC.

goingoneight
7/26/2006, 10:21 PM
How funny it could be to see UT lose to North Texas and SUC lose to Arkansas to kick off the season! It's been known to happen when you replace Heismans under center. :(

soonersam
7/27/2006, 08:05 PM
Its amazing what USC's young guys will achieve when you set their parents up in a phat house in Beverly Hills!!!

badger
7/27/2006, 08:19 PM
Texas is no pushover. That I-AA school on their schedule, however...