PDA

View Full Version : Fallin vs Cornett

Jerk
7/26/2006, 06:13 AM
Who should a right wing gun nut vote for between these two?

Cornett was on the wrong side of the Kelo decision. Is this dude really a conservative?

Fallin runs on family values, but didn't she have a fling with her State Trooper body guards several years ago? I realize we're all imperfect people, but that's kind of ... sheesh... why even bother running on family values? If I were her, I'd just stick to tax reform campaign or something similar. "Vote for me because I will change the tax code to a consumption tax" sounds better for her than "I'm a family values person!" This stuff makes liberals laugh at us.

It's not the fact that she had an affair that bothers me. It's not her running on family values that bothers me. It's having an affair and running on a platform of family values that bothers me. Liberals look dilegently or this kind of stuff and say "see, these people are hypocrites!"

Rhino
7/26/2006, 04:11 PM
When I was a senior at OU and Cornett was an adjunct, he was always nice to me.

If he makes it to the general election, I'm voting for him over any of the Dems.

I'd stay far, far away from Mary Fallin. I don't think I've ever heard a positive thing about her (including negative statements from two people that worked on her last campaign).

RacerX
7/26/2006, 04:14 PM
I guess you never talked to that trooper.

C&CDean
7/26/2006, 04:19 PM
I guess you never talked to that trooper.

I heard that a 2x4 strapped across his *** was the only thing that kept him from fallin in.

BlondeSoonerGirl
7/26/2006, 04:20 PM
GET IT??

FALLIN' in?!?!?

GET IT!?!?!??!??!/

soonerscuba
7/26/2006, 04:23 PM
I've met with Fallin a couple of times, once in private (bow chicka bow bow), and she seemed very nice to me. I hate her views, but she was always nice to me personally.

SicEmBaylor
7/26/2006, 04:36 PM
Most politicans are going to be nice to you.
There is no good choice between Fallin and Cornett, but I definitely would not vote for Cornett so I guess that would mean voting for Fallin if I lived in 5.

Thankfully, I live in 2 and I'm pleased well enough with Boren.

Partial Qualifier
7/26/2006, 04:38 PM
Who should a right wing gun nut vote for between these two?

Cornett was on the wrong side of the Kelo decision. Is this dude really a conservative?

Fallin runs on family values, but didn't she have a fling with her State Trooper body guards several years ago? I realize we're all imperfect people, but that's kind of ... sheesh... why even bother running on family values? If I were her, I'd just stick to tax reform campaign or something similar. "Vote for me because I will change the tax code to a consumption tax" sounds better for her than "I'm a family values person!" This stuff makes liberals laugh at us.

It's not the fact that she had an affair that bothers me. It's not her running on family values that bothers me. It's having an affair and running on a platform of family values that bothers me. Liberals look dilegently or this kind of stuff and say "see, these people are hypocrites!"

Dude you hit the nail on the head. And the pics in the paper made me sick..

"Oh, look at my BEAUTIFUL FAMILY.. where's my husband, you ask? Oh I was sleeping around on him while he was running my re-election campaign several years back; I got cold-busted so he left me! But hey, I'm all about FAMILY VALUES?"

I always thought Cornett was a dork but he totally won me over with the work he did getting the Hornets here for a couple years, which is already proving to be, uhh, huge. And he doesn't seem slimey which is refreshing.

It did freak me out however the first time Cornett did the Ch. 9 sports show without his toupee :eek:

C&CDean
7/26/2006, 04:38 PM
What's wrong with Cornett? He was smart enough to know he sucked at TV, so he became the mayor. And Waco ain't in 2.

mdklatt
7/26/2006, 04:40 PM
I think I'm Fallin in love.

mdklatt
7/26/2006, 04:42 PM
"Vote for me because I will change the tax code to a consumption tax" sounds better for her than "I'm a family values person!" This stuff makes liberals laugh at us.

Not just the liberals.

OhU1
7/26/2006, 04:48 PM
Anyone who finds the need to wrap themselves in the flag, bible, and family for the public should be viewed with deep suspicion.

I wonder if 5 abortion Brenda Reneau will be running under the family value platform as well?

mdklatt
7/26/2006, 04:52 PM
I wonder if 5 abortion Brenda Reneau will be running under the family value platform as well?

She sounds easy. She's got my vote. :texan:

OhU1
7/26/2006, 04:54 PM
She sounds easy. She's got my vote. :texan:

For a good time call Mary or Brenda :P

Jerk
7/26/2006, 05:05 PM
Sounds like Cornett will get my vote. Now don't no one accuse me of being a sexist!!!

(;

SicEmBaylor
7/26/2006, 05:55 PM
What's wrong with Cornett? He was smart enough to know he sucked at TV, so he became the mayor. And Waco ain't in 2.

I still vote at home in Fort Gibson. I voted here yesterday in fact.
Waco's not in 2 but FTG is. :D

StoopTroup
7/26/2006, 06:18 PM
Axe the Fallin.

PhilTLL
7/26/2006, 06:34 PM
Anyone who finds the need to wrap themselves in the flag, bible, and family for the public should be viewed with deep suspicion.

I would seriously avoid voting for either of the clowns mentioned in the topic, then.

BudSooner
7/27/2006, 07:53 AM
I'd hit it. somebody had to say it. ;)

MamaMia
7/27/2006, 09:49 AM
Fallin runs on family values, but didn't she have a fling with her State Trooper body guards several years ago? Yes she did. At first she lied about it and then she admitted it because her lover made a public apology. But she never apologized. It reminded me of the Clinton/Monica thing. She is not very well liked among the active Republicans, the biggest reason being that she flat out refuses to endorse any fellow Republicans running for office, but wants to be endorsed by them. Shes a very self serving, double talking do nothing and has accomplished very little given the time we have paid her.

walkoffsooner
7/27/2006, 01:00 PM
If your a gun nut vote for Mary. A 6" bull barrel is her favorite. I heard she kind of likes a ribbed barrel to if handled safely. And kept well oiled.

Taxman71
7/27/2006, 01:10 PM
Is Mary a shellcatcher?

Jimminy Crimson
7/27/2006, 01:31 PM
A
B
C

Taxman71
7/27/2006, 01:38 PM
In reality, Mick is nerdy and Mary is annoying as all hell. Given the choice, I would choose Mick mainly he is keepin it real in a nerdy sense while Mary is trying to be what she is not with the whole family values business. Plus, Mick is not a career politician while Mary was a lowly....what the hell did she do before she was a politician?

ultimatesooner1
7/27/2006, 02:02 PM
it was funny how the preacher @ church introduced mattress mary a few weeks ago and tiptoed around the issues while trying to convince everyone to vote for her

Taxman71
7/27/2006, 02:04 PM
it was funny how the preacher @ church introduced mattress mary a few weeks ago and tiptoed around the issues while trying to convince everyone to vote for her

I hope no IRS employees go to your church (or a competing church). Churchs endorsing candidats is a big no-no these days.

SicEmBaylor
7/27/2006, 02:10 PM
I hope no IRS employees go to your church (or a competing church). Churchs endorsing candidats is a big no-no these days.
They can, however, encourage their congregation to vote and suggest qualities that may be applicable to one candidate over another without coming right out and endorsing a candidate.

I've helped a couple of churches flirt with the ethics line. :D

IB4OU2
7/27/2006, 02:14 PM
Somebody sew some lips on that women.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
7/27/2006, 11:39 PM
They can, however, encourage their congregation to vote and suggest qualities that may be applicable to one candidate over another without coming right out and endorsing a candidate.

I've helped a couple of churches flirt with the ethics line. :DThat's why I quit going to my old church. I don't go to church to be told how to vote. There's a church here in OKC that supports Democrats as a rule. I won't go there either.

SicEmBaylor
7/27/2006, 11:40 PM
That's why I quit going to my old church. I don't go to church to be told how to vote. There's a church here in OKC that supports Democrats as a rule. I won't go there either.

This is also why I don't go to church. I haven't been in about 12 years with the exception of last weekend when I went with my ex and her husband. But, you gotta do what ya gotta do.

walkoffsooner
7/28/2006, 01:24 AM
Its easy not to go to church. Everywhere I went there was something or someone I didnt like. Just go for yourself and God, and shake the rest of it off. You will be happier in the long haul.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
7/28/2006, 06:44 AM
This is also why I don't go to church. I haven't been in about 12 years with the exception of last weekend when I went with my ex and her husband. But, you gotta do what ya gotta do.You don't go to church because they talk about politics from the pulpit, yet you are the one coaching them on how to do it? Interesting.

SicEmBaylor
7/28/2006, 09:05 AM
You don't go to church because they talk about politics from the pulpit, yet you are the one coaching them on how to do it? Interesting.

That's basically correct.