PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland County DA Race

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
7/25/2006, 08:49 PM
Can anyone shed some light on Kuykendall currently getting pummeled by Mashburn? I'm kind of out of the loop on this one. I don't know that Kuykendall has ever had a viable opponent.

Dio
7/25/2006, 08:56 PM
I didn't even know Kuykendall was running until I saw his name on my ballot. And since none of his campaign tards woke me up Sunday, he got my vote.

KaiserSooner
7/25/2006, 09:03 PM
He's getting trashed in the primary? I guess I should turn it to one of the local tv stations.

Jeez, why doesn't MTV run election returns :D

reevie
7/25/2006, 09:04 PM
Kuykendall got my vote because he didn't annoy the hell out of me the past 2 months! Mashburn was at my house twice and his people where here at least 3 times. Then getting a card in the mail 4 times a week for 6 weeks was enough for me to not vote for him.

On the other hand...it may have worked for other voters.

the_ouskull
7/25/2006, 09:32 PM
Kuykendall would NEVER get my vote, because he was the DA when OU had its beer taken away.

the_ouskull

royalfan5
7/25/2006, 09:48 PM
If the guy can't convict a husker of assualting a ruf-nek in OU country, he can't be that good of a DA can he?

OhU1
7/25/2006, 10:28 PM
Folks, Kuyendall was a horrible D.A. and rightly got his *** kicked out of office. He was a weak and ineffectual administrator who ran off almost all of the decent prosecutors due to his abundant insecurities.
I don't know of a single person who supported Tim other than defense attorneys who profited from his incompetence. Norman deserves a better District Attorney than Tim. He should have been out long ago but never drew a primary opponent on the Republican side.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
7/25/2006, 10:29 PM
Folks, Kuyendall was a horrible D.A. and rightly got his *** kicked out of office. He was a weak and ineffectual administrator who ran off almost all of the decent prosecutors due to his abundant insecurities.
I don't know of a single person who supported Tim other than defense attorneys who profited from his incompetence. Norman deserves a better District Attorney than Tim. He should have been out long ago but never drew a primary opponent on the Republican side.Hmmm, I live in Cleveland County and was unaware of all this stuff.

OhU1
7/25/2006, 10:35 PM
Hmmm, I live in Cleveland County and was unaware of all this stuff.

Yeah, Tim got re-elected 3 times because the general public doens't have a lot of knowledge of the workings in the D.A.'s office. In a general election it's more name recognition than anything else. The local attorneys know Tim well and few respect him. I once worked for him and couldn't wait to leave.

Check out this discussion thread in the Norman Transcript for the dirt. http://community.cnhi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6571021/m/522100572

OhU1
7/25/2006, 10:47 PM
SBSB to answer your question from the other thread, I don't think it was campaigning that won or lost this race. This was as bad a political whipping as you are likely to see a 3 time imcumbent take at the polls. Everyone knows Kuykendall's name, he has defense attorney money backing him, and yet he still gets whipped 65% to 35%!

People were sick of Kuykendall's mismanagement and wanted him out of this important office. In my opinion Mashburn missed several good opportunities to attack Tim during the campaign. Kuykendall made a circus of the Bolin case - displaying every sordid and gruesome detail of that young girl's sad death for the press for attempted political gain. Tim may have jeopardized the prosecution of the case - not to mention his conduct was unethical.