PDA

View Full Version : 79 in a 70

slickdawg
7/25/2006, 06:26 PM
That's what a Texazz state strooper just wrote slickwife for.
Never mind she was keeping up with the flow of traffic and getting
passed by other cars.

He was just sitting on the shoulder and didn't come out until after
she passed him, I'm sure he saw out of state plates and went for it.

This shall be contested.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Sooner_Bob
7/25/2006, 06:28 PM
I got a warning one morning for going 81 in a 75 . . .

mdklatt
7/25/2006, 06:29 PM
This shall be contested.

So she wasn't going 79 in a 70?

I don't think the "I was just keeping up with traffic" excuse works in traffic court.

jeremy885
7/25/2006, 06:31 PM
Just pay it. It's under 10 over the limit and won't go on her driving record. It's not worth the time or the effort to fight it.

slickdawg
7/25/2006, 06:32 PM
Just pay it. It's under 10 over the limit and won't go on her driving record. It's not worth the time or the effort to fight it.

Under 10 doesn't go on your record in Texas? It does here!!

slickdawg
7/25/2006, 06:34 PM
So she wasn't going 79 in a 70?

I don't think the "I was just keeping up with traffic" excuse works in traffic court.

I suspect she was. It's interesting that he waits until after she's passed him,
and then he selects which car out of the pack to pull over. Just so happens
he picks the one with Mississippi plates.

RACIST!

jeremy885
7/25/2006, 06:35 PM
To the best of my knowledge it doesn't (didn't in OK) When I say record, I mean the one the insurance companies can check. 1TC would know for sure.

IronSooner
7/25/2006, 06:36 PM
9 over didn't go on the record in OK back in '99 as far as I know.

I think my best friend got jobbed by a texas state trooper somewhere north of Lubbock coming back from the '01 Tech game. Wrote him up for something like 15 over after we claimed to be hurriedly searching for a place to pit stop (had just passed his podunk nowhere dust town).

slickdawg
*ding* :les: WELL 1TC?????

jk the sooner fan
thats another benefit to living in kaufman/rockwell counties....

the cops here in town, while they do run radar, are usually otherwise engaged

out in the sticks....not so much

mdklatt
7/25/2006, 06:38 PM
It's interesting that he waits until after she's passed him,

How else is he supposed to get behind her?

and then he selects which car out of the pack to pull over. Just so happens
he picks the one with Mississippi plates.

Where was she in the pack? I don't think most cops waste their time picking on out-of-staters. What's the point?

Now if she had no good dirty rotten yankee plates on the other hand....

jeremy885
7/25/2006, 06:39 PM
Maybe he thought it was a LA plate. We've been trying to deport them for the last 3 months. Sad to say, it hasn't worked. They're like roaches, I tell you. Now they're coming in from Mississippi, when will it stop? ;)

StoopTroup
7/25/2006, 06:43 PM
Aren't you leaving Texas soon? ;)

Blow it off and get the heck out. :D

slickdawg
7/25/2006, 07:53 PM
Maybe he thought it was a LA plate. We've been trying to deport them for the last 3 months. Sad to say, it hasn't worked. They're like roaches, I tell you. Now they're coming in from Mississippi, when will it stop? ;)

It's just the beginning, I'm the pied piper. BREW H AH AH AHHAHHAHA

:pop:

mrssoonerhubler
7/25/2006, 08:22 PM
I had a funny ambien hallucination experience with the pied piper.

slickdawg
7/25/2006, 08:50 PM
I had a funny ambien hallucination experience with the pied piper.

Elaborate, please. :D

Vaevictis
7/25/2006, 10:33 PM

I hear, "With all those other cars around me, how can you be sure it was me you were tracking" does from time to time (or did at one point).

(The ticket I got in Tomball actually had a check-box for the officer to fill in if there was no other traffic, which I presume lends credence.)

BajaOklahoma
7/25/2006, 11:47 PM
Slick, you guys need to get a Mapsco for each of the cars. They sell them at most of the big box stores, 7-11......
A new one comes out each year.

GottaHavePride
7/26/2006, 12:41 AM
I hear, "With all those other cars around me, how can you be sure it was me you were tracking" does from time to time (or did at one point).

(The ticket I got in Tomball actually had a check-box for the officer to fill in if there was no other traffic, which I presume lends credence.)

Radar guns are fairly inaccurate. The gun's signal doesn't go out in a tight beam - it goes out as an expanding cone. If there's a lot of traffic it could have been picking up several different cars. Especially if you're near a large truck. Laser is better, but still not perfect. Also, if they're tagging you at an angle instead of head-on the reading will not be entirely accurate just because of physics and the angles involved. (Although in every case, the angle will make you read as slighly slower than you're actually going, so I might not bring that up...)

walkoffsooner
7/26/2006, 03:25 AM
sure beats a wet spot on the shirt and a warning.:D

Killerbees
7/26/2006, 04:29 AM
I have seen this argued before with no effect.

GF (my grandfather): Why have I been pulled over (as trooper walks up)

Trooper: You were speeding, I need your lic and reg.

GF: Hell I was just keeping up with everyone else so I didnt get run over (handing over lic and reg.)

Trooper: Have you ever been quail hunting?

GF: What? Yes, I have been quail hunting. What the hell does that have to do with anything?

Trooper: So did you try to shoot all the birds at once or did you single out the straggler and bust him in the ***?

GF: (gritting teeth) Just give me my damn ticket.

etouffee
7/26/2006, 05:06 AM
Trooper: Have you ever been quail hunting?

Dick Cheney: What? Yes, I have been quail hunting. What the hell does that have to do with anything?

Trooper: So did you try to shoot all the birds at once or did you single out the straggler and bust him in the ***?

Dick Cheney: Now that's an interesting question, officer. Why don't you stand right there and I'll demonstrate my highly unique quail hunting technique for you...
:eek:

1stTimeCaller
7/26/2006, 08:23 AM
To the best of my knowledge it doesn't (didn't in OK) When I say record, I mean the one the insurance companies can check. 1TC would know for sure.

Heck if I know. I got nabbed for a 70 in a 60 by the FWPD. I did the deferrment option. I didn't want to go to defensive driving but that was an option for me. I don't know about State Trooper tickets and really don't want to.

BajaOklahoma
7/26/2006, 09:03 AM
Dallas police rarely make their court dates...... my son told me. :)