PDA

View Full Version : Dust Ruffles aka Bed Skirts

mdklatt
7/25/2006, 06:11 PM
I've been informed by some female friends that it is unacceptable for an adult male to not have a dust ruffle on his bed. I countered that it's unacceptable for a straight adult male to have a dust ruffle on his bed. They assured me that all their guy friends have dust ruffles, and that chicks really dig dust ruffles. It's also apparently perfectly normal for guys to have scented candles nowadays.

What's the SO ruling?

mrowl
7/25/2006, 06:12 PM
gay.

mdklatt
7/25/2006, 06:13 PM
gay.

But you're married, right? I know you've got a dust ruffle on your bed. :D

mrowl
7/25/2006, 06:15 PM
But you're married, right? I know you've got a dust ruffle on your bed. :D

actually no... we have one of those frames that sit on the floor, so no need for it.

But there is an exception. If your wife buys it and puts it on your bed, not gay.

If YOU or your girlfriend buy it and put it on, gay. :D

IronSooner
7/25/2006, 06:15 PM
No dust ruffles.

You may have scented candles, but only if purchased preceding the arrival of a female that you do not want to merely be friends with.

mrowl
7/25/2006, 06:16 PM
No dust ruffles.

You may have scented candles, but only if purchased preceding the arrival of a female that you do not want to merely be friends with.

(and you don't want her to smell your stinky stink)

mdklatt
7/25/2006, 06:17 PM
No dust ruffles.

This is what I'm thinking. Some of those scented candles smell pretty good. :O

Tailwind
7/25/2006, 06:20 PM
If you are a single guy whatever you put in your bedroom is your own damn business. You do what you want to.

SicEmBaylor
7/25/2006, 06:36 PM
Well, when I got my sueade leather bedset it came with a bedskirt which I put on..so yeah I'm straight and have a sueade bedskirt.

mdklatt
7/25/2006, 06:41 PM
sueade leather bedset

so yeah I'm straight

Not so fast....

EDIT: Are you taking about suede sheets or just a bed spread?

OUHOMER
7/25/2006, 07:15 PM
dust ruffles are a must man. look here with dust ruffles you can leave the ropes and handcuffs tied to the bed frame and cover them up with the dust ruffles.:D

mdklatt
7/25/2006, 07:20 PM
dust ruffles are a must man. look here with dust ruffles you can leave the ropes and handcuffs tied to the bed frame and cover them up with the dust ruffles.:D

I've been looking at dust ruffles online, and my opinion has softened. I thought they all had, well, ruffles on them like the ones my mom always tried to put on my bed when I was a kid. However, there are some manly no-nonsense ones that just hang straight down.

BeetDigger
7/25/2006, 07:27 PM
Dustruffles, candles - it's like a beacon for Lid. :D

Harry Beanbag
7/25/2006, 07:28 PM
Even my wife thinks dust ruffles are gay.

soonerscuba
7/25/2006, 07:29 PM
Hmm. Let's do a test. Let's say a guy buys four things at Wal-Mart

1. A gun
2. A copy of "Bloodsport"
3. Dust ruffles
4. A case of Keystone

While each item presents a manner in which to make fun of somebody, which is really, really, uber gay?

mdklatt
7/25/2006, 07:36 PM
Even my wife thinks dust ruffles are gay.

But has she seen this one (http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/601-0890119-5462544?%5Fencoding=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B0009EQQRI)?

I could get onboard with that. Uhhh...you know...if it made chicks more likely to do me and stuff. :texan: :O

Harry Beanbag

1. A gun
3. Dust ruffles
4. A case of Keystone

While each item presents a manner in which to make fun of somebody, which is really, really, uber gay?

mdklatt

1. A gun
3. Dust ruffles
4. A case of Keystone

It's the Keystone, right?

OUHOMER

1. A gun
3. Dust ruffles
4. A case of Keystone

#4 keystone

Harry Beanbag
7/25/2006, 07:41 PM
But has she seen this one (http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/601-0890119-5462544?%5Fencoding=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B0009EQQRI)?

I could get onboard with that. Uhhh...you know...if it made chicks more likely to do me and stuff. :texan: :O

While definitely a vast improvement over any other bed skirt I've seen, it's still just something else that is gonna get dusty.

Our bed looks something like this one, only it's very dark wood instead of aluminum or whatever this one is, so a skirt wouldn't be practical anyway.

http://www.1contemporary.com/images/beds/elloLux4.jpg

mdklatt
7/25/2006, 07:47 PM
Our bed looks something like this one, only it's very dark wood instead of aluminum or whatever this one is, so a skirt wouldn't be practical anyway.

A bedskirt on a framed bed is definitely gay, but now that I think about it I'm getting pretty sick of seeing my box spring.

Harry Beanbag
7/25/2006, 07:50 PM
A bedskirt on a framed bed is definitely gay, but now that I think about it I'm getting pretty sick of seeing my box spring.

So obviously the solution is buy a new bed, not a dust ruffle. :)

mdklatt
7/25/2006, 07:51 PM
So obviously the solution is buy a new bed, not a dust ruffle. :)

I thought about it, but a dust ruffle is way cheaper.

mrssoonerhubler
7/25/2006, 07:53 PM
I say get one. then you can shove your **** under your bed and no one can see

TexasLidig8r
7/25/2006, 08:06 PM
Dustruffles, candles - it's like a beacon for Lid. :D

I don't even have to say my position on these topics.

SicEmBaylor
7/25/2006, 08:07 PM
Not so fast....

EDIT: Are you taking about suede sheets or just a bed spread?

It's fantastic.
2 suede pillow covers, 2 suede throw pillows, a suede comforter, and a suede throw blanket + the bed skirt.

The sheets are egyptian cotton. Listen up ladies, it's pure pleasure sleeping in my bed. It's like sleeping on a cow.

IronSooner
7/25/2006, 08:20 PM
Listen up ladies, it's pure pleasure sleeping in my bed. It's like sleeping on a cow.

I know girls around here that line would probably work on.

OUDoc
7/25/2006, 08:25 PM
I've been informed by some female friends that it is unacceptable for an adult male to not have a dust ruffle on his bed. I countered that it's unacceptable for a straight adult male to have a dust ruffle on his bed. They assured me that all their guy friends have dust ruffles, and that chicks really dig dust ruffles. It's also apparently perfectly normal for guys to have scented candles nowadays.

What's the SO ruling?
They're wrong. No esplainin' needed.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
7/25/2006, 08:58 PM
http://www.dianthusltd.com/images/2002catalog/accessDustruffle.jpg
This style = More feminine

http://www.charlesprogers.com/images/1/LNSK_TRI_AU.jpg
This style = Ok for a single guy

http://scottishmusicstore.net/club_images/items/sr_tarho_bedspread.jpg
But you really can't go wrong with this look.

StoopTroup
7/25/2006, 09:09 PM
Huskers are Dust Rufflin' Fools. :D

http://www.nebraskaredzone.com/images/33503.jpg

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/25/2006, 09:09 PM
Usually I would make fun of SicEm but I also have Egyptian Cotton sheets and my girlfriend absolutely loves them. I use a Curdoroy comforter in the winter time and she likes that alot. in the summer I use something called Permabaffle Box Goose from L.L. Bean..it cost me ALOT more than I should have paid for but again the g'f loves it :P

mdklatt
7/25/2006, 09:10 PM
http://scottishmusicstore.net/club_images/items/sr_tarho_bedspread.jpg
But you really can't go wrong with this look.

I've got a heavy bedspread that's almost big enough to pull that off, but not quite. But that bastard is too warm for summer, and the down comforter that takes it's place is too small so you get an eyefull of box spring and frame.

the_ouskull
7/25/2006, 09:12 PM
If you are a single guy whatever you put in your bedroom is your own damn business. You do what you want to.

= Tailwind has a dust ruffle. :D

NTTAWWT.

the_ouskull

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
7/25/2006, 09:20 PM
Tailwind's a chick.

Me? I have a waterbed with satin sheets. Yeah you heard me, straight out of 70s pron.

mdklatt
7/25/2006, 09:23 PM
= Tailwind has a dust ruffle. :D

...and is a girl.

BigRedJed
7/25/2006, 09:31 PM
Get a bed like mine and you want want or need a dust ruffle.

http://www.bernhardt.com/imagelibrary/items2/374/440/H36_F36_R36.jpg

BigRedJed
7/25/2006, 09:31 PM
And yes, my bed is awesome. Thanks for noticing.

Mrs. Norm
7/25/2006, 09:37 PM

What's the SO ruling?

Let's just ask C&C Dean. I'm sure he'll set all of you straight. :pop:

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/25/2006, 09:50 PM
And yes, my bed is awesome. Thanks for noticing.

My Granny called...she wants her bed back ;)

SicEmBaylor
7/25/2006, 09:54 PM
I'm OCD with my bed. I make my bed before I go to sleep every night. The bottom sheet has to be tightly tucked into place with no wrinkes, the top sheet must be completely even on both sides with a small fold at the top, the comforter and blanket (I can't sleep without a blanket even in the summer time) must also be even on both sides. Everything has to be tucked in at the bottom; I can not stand for my feet to poke out. If something comes untucked in the middle of the night I have to get up and strip everything down to the mattress and put everything back on.

BigRedJed
7/25/2006, 09:54 PM
My Granny called...she wants he bed back ;)
Put down the crack pipe and slowly back away.

mdklatt
7/25/2006, 09:55 PM
I'm OCD with my bed. I make my bed before I go to sleep every night. The bottom sheet has to be tightly tucked into place with no wrinkes, the top sheet must be completely even on both sides with a small fold at the top, the comforter and blanket (I can't sleep without a blanket even in the summer time) must also be even on both sides. Everything has to be tucked in at the bottom; I can not stand for my feet to poke out. If something comes untucked in the middle of the night I have to get up and strip everything down to the mattress and put everything back on.

Oh yeah, you're gonna do real well in the pen.

BigRedJed
7/25/2006, 09:56 PM

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
7/25/2006, 10:23 PM
I like the style of Jed's bed. When I buy another house, I'm using my current bed as the guest bed and getting a sleigh bed. Love them.

I want one of those memory mattresses too. Or one of those Sweet Sleepers like they have at Sheratons.

TopDaugIn2000
7/25/2006, 10:30 PM
they're gay. I haven't had one since I was in hs still living at home, and that's cause my mom insisted. Once I moved out, I bought a platform bed (have one in the spare room too) and don't intend on using one ever again. They are gay. along with big shams and throw pillows.

the end.

SicEmBaylor
7/25/2006, 10:50 PM
they're gay. I haven't had one since I was in hs still living at home, and that's cause my mom insisted. Once I moved out, I bought a platform bed (have one in the spare room too) and don't intend on using one ever again. They are gay. along with big shams and throw pillows.

the end.
:(

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/25/2006, 10:51 PM
PWNEDD!!

ChickSoonerFan
7/25/2006, 10:56 PM
Get a bed like mine and you want want or need a dust ruffle.

http://www.bernhardt.com/imagelibrary/items2/374/440/H36_F36_R36.jpg

Did you make your bed? And I don't mean did you build it, did you make it like that, with the pillows and comforter turned down and all?

hurricane'bone
7/25/2006, 11:19 PM
http://www.ikea.com/PIAimages/52083_PE152388_S4.jpg

Bam, no dust thing necessary.

mdklatt
7/25/2006, 11:27 PM
Bam, no dust thing necessary.

You could hang mosquito netting off that frame, so that's a plus.

BigRedJed
7/25/2006, 11:43 PM
Did you make your bed? And I don't mean did you build it, did you make it like that, with the pillows and comforter turned down and all?
Uhh... ...no.

I go more for the rumpled look.

hurricane'bone
7/25/2006, 11:44 PM
You could hang mosquito netting off that frame, so that's a plus.

never underestimate the swedes....

Scott D
7/25/2006, 11:45 PM

1. A gun
3. Dust ruffles
4. A case of Keystone

everything except 1 :D

BigRedJed
7/25/2006, 11:47 PM
But, for the record, that is the model of bed that I sleep in, except, at the risk of appearing immodest, my box spring and mattress is probably far better than the one in that picture.

And, I'd like to point out specifically to Gandalf, it is completely upholstered in LEATHER. If that's the bed his granny's rocking, I might want to meet his granny.

Scott D
7/25/2006, 11:48 PM
But, for the record, that is the model of bed that I sleep in, except, at the risk of appearing immodest, my box spring and mattress is probably far better than the one in that picture.

And, I'd like to point out specifically to Gandalf, it is completely upholstered in LEATHER. If that's the bed his granny's rocking, I might want to meet his granny.

I'm sure Lid would approve of your gratuitous usage of LEATHER in the bed ;)

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/25/2006, 11:48 PM
My grandma is Raquel Welch

Scott D
7/25/2006, 11:49 PM
yeah right, your grandma is probably Bea Arthur.

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/25/2006, 11:50 PM
Nope that is my 63 year old Granny ;)

http://www.estoeshollywood.com/images/noticias%20de%20portada/RAQUEL-WELCH-copy-full.jpg

BigRedJed
7/25/2006, 11:51 PM
I'd hit it.

In my leather bed.

SicEmBaylor
7/25/2006, 11:55 PM
I'd hit it.

In my leather bed.

As long as you aren't hitting it in MY leather bed.

TexasLidig8r
7/26/2006, 09:10 AM
Leather belongs on couches, chairs and the like.

Heavy mahogany wood four poster bed... high thread count Egyptian cotton sheets, light weight down comforter, duvet cover, numerous throw pillows.. good smelling candles... if you ever have a chance.. try these http://www.circleecandles.com/.

I have found that if you make your woman feel like a princess walking into your bedroom and if she wants to get into the bed because it looks so incredibly inviting... she is more likely to act like a pron actress once she gets into the bed.

Just my 2 centavos worth. :D

BigRedJed
7/26/2006, 11:22 AM
You sir, have no idea the power of the leather bed. Just as well. You probably wouldn't know how to act should you wield such power.

I will agree with you on the high thread count, however.