PDA

View Full Version : VOTE OR DIE

Big Red Ron
7/25/2006, 03:56 PM
If you don't get out and vote today don't come bitchin' when the extreme left or right of your party's candidates are on the ballot in November.

Free advice...(ya get what ya pay for)

Democrats

Lt. Gov. - Pete Regan
CD 5 - doesn't matter

Republicans

Gov. - Sullivan
Lt. Gov. - Pruitt
Treasurer - Barnett
Ins. Commissioner - Case
CD 5 - Fred Morgan

jeremy885
7/25/2006, 03:58 PM
In texas,

Gov-Kinky Friedman.

Heh, if it doesn't work out we can always move back to OK, right?

Taxman71
7/25/2006, 04:01 PM
Free advice...(ya get what ya pay for)

Democrats

Lt. Gov. - Pete Regan
CD 5 - doesn't matter

Republicans

Gov. - Sullivan
Lt. Gov. - Pruitt
Treasurer - Barnett
Ins. Commissioner - Case
CD 5 - Fred Morgan

With the exception of Barnett and Case, I would be surprised if anyone on your list even makes it to the general election.

mikeelikee
7/25/2006, 04:08 PM
I'm in Tulsa. My choices were:

Governor - Bob
Lt. Gov. - Pruitt
St. Treas. - Keating
Ins. Comm. - Willard
Dist. Atty. - Tim Harris

Big Red Ron
7/25/2006, 04:33 PM
You know Willard is bankrupt, unemployed since 2003 and isn't a licenced aget?

Big Red Ron
7/25/2006, 04:37 PM
I'm in Tulsa. My choices were:

Governor - Bob
Lt. Gov. - Pruitt
St. Treas. - Keating
Ins. Comm. - Willard
Dist. Atty. - Tim HarrisOh, I see now. You're just voting for any ol schlep from T-Town. That's cool.

SicEmBaylor
7/25/2006, 05:56 PM
I don't believe voting just to say that you voted is a good thing. If you don't know anything about the candidates, the issues, and have no clue in hell what is going on then how is it a civic virtue just to vote?

I'm sure you're not one of those people, so I'm asking this somewhat rhetorically.

I'm a huge fan of a "Stop the Vote" in fact it's my new initiative to counter the "Vote or Die" crap. I wish the people who buy into that "Vote or Die" crap would choose the latter option.

I consider it more of a civic virtue to abstain from voting when you know that you know nothing of the issues or candidates then to go down there and play innie minnie miney mo.

mdklatt
7/25/2006, 06:00 PM
If you don't know anything about the candidates, the issues, have no clue in hell what is going on, or hate all of the sumbitches equally then how is it a civic virtue just to vote?

Fixed.

SicEmBaylor
7/25/2006, 06:27 PM
Fixed.
That's an acceptable addition.

slickdawg
7/25/2006, 06:36 PM
Unless I am extradited to Texas for some unknown reason, Oklahoma elections are meaningless to me.

Very true.

SicEmBaylor
7/25/2006, 06:42 PM
Very true.
Then I'm voting Kinky.

jeremy885
7/25/2006, 06:43 PM
Then I'm voting Kinky.

There's two, anyone else?

mdklatt
7/25/2006, 06:45 PM
There's two, anyone else?

I'd vote for him if I still lived there. What the hell.

jk the sooner fan
7/25/2006, 07:22 PM
no chance in hell would i vote for Kinky

and Sic'em......your "stop the vote" is a tad elitist......why not just reinstate the poll test

soonerscuba
7/25/2006, 07:24 PM
Know what I love? The 14th amendment. You would have to be some kind of racist to be against that.

mdklatt
7/25/2006, 07:31 PM
and Sic'em......your "stop the vote" is a tad elitist......why not just reinstate the poll test

I read it more as if somebody doesn't want to vote for whatever reason, then pressuring them to vote doesn't really do any good. Why is low voter turnout automatically a bad thing? It would be nice if more people were active in the political process, but if they're not don't push them. Voting for the sake of voting is why people like Gene Stipe keep getting re-elected. And getting expressways named after them.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/25/2006, 07:35 PM
I read it more as if somebody doesn't want to vote for whatever reason, then pressuring them to vote doesn't really do any good. Why is low voter turnout automatically a bad thing? It would be nice if more people were active in the political process, but if they're not don't push them. Voting for the sake of voting is why people like Gene Stipe keep getting re-elected. And getting expressways named after them.Hear Here!

soonerscuba
7/25/2006, 07:47 PM
Meh, by sheer registration numbers, the more people that vote the more my viewpoint is typically represented. Hence, I would prefer the ignorant to vote, because typically they vote by whatever party they are registered with, and the numbers favor Democrats. Dear God, am I cynical.

IB4OU2
7/25/2006, 09:55 PM
Well, my wife and I barely made it, we caste our votes at about 6:57...Whew! buzy day....

SicEmBaylor
7/25/2006, 10:00 PM
I read it more as if somebody doesn't want to vote for whatever reason, then pressuring them to vote doesn't really do any good. Why is low voter turnout automatically a bad thing? It would be nice if more people were active in the political process, but if they're not don't push them. Voting for the sake of voting is why people like Gene Stipe keep getting re-elected. And getting expressways named after them.

That's the jest of it.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
7/25/2006, 10:20 PM
I am usually well-informed of the candidates before I vote. In cases where I am not (such as today's case with Labor Comish) I leave it blank. There are way too many people out there who are uninformed voters.

soonerboomer93
7/26/2006, 02:04 AM
i pick based on coolest name

SicEmBaylor
7/26/2006, 05:18 AM
i pick based on coolest name
Then you would not only be voting for me but you'd quit your job and dedicate yourself to advancing my political career.

GottaHavePride
7/26/2006, 10:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf-KqYHl2Ro&search=south%20park%20vote%20or%20die

Oh yeah, NSFW.

OklahomaTuba
7/26/2006, 10:33 AM
Meh, by sheer registration numbers, the more people that vote the more my viewpoint is typically represented. Hence, I would prefer the ignorant to vote, because typically they vote by whatever party they are registered with, and the numbers favor Democrats.

Hence the usage of the word Dim. :D

And if the Dims ever started representing the beliefs of the people that at one time supported them, and not the liberal/leftist/"progressive" wackjobs they currently follow, they might start winning more elections around here again.

frankensooner
7/26/2006, 10:48 AM
My MIL is the biggest Idot I know and she always votes republican. She has no clue as to anything political, is registered a dem, so she can vote in the primary (the yellow ballot was twice as long as the green one) and is not even one of the religious voters. I think a lot more folks are like her in Oklahoma than real, non-voting democrats, and yes I would call her a dim.

jeremy885
7/26/2006, 10:51 AM
no chance in hell would i vote for Kinky

:(

Are you voting for Grandma?

jk the sooner fan
7/26/2006, 11:14 AM
:(

Are you voting for Grandma?

her or Perry

kinky is a novelty

jeremy885
7/26/2006, 11:28 AM
He can't be any worse than W.

jk the sooner fan
7/26/2006, 11:34 AM
i wont even get into it with you on it

its your vote, if you like kinky.....then great

SicEmBaylor
7/26/2006, 03:23 PM
i wont even get into it with you on it

its your vote, if you like kinky.....then great

I don't like Kinky's platform. But if you're voting for Kinky because of his platform then you're missing the point. I'm voting for Kinky to disrupt and throw a wrench into the gears of government. I'm doing it so the GOP will meet with a badly needed electoral defeat at the ballot box and thus render a good "blood letting."

My position on Kinky has little to do with his views and everything to do with disrupting the process.

So, Get Kinky! Why the hell not?

jk the sooner fan
7/26/2006, 03:31 PM
yes, because thats just what we need.....more dysfunction in goverment

get out in the real world, pay property taxes, etc.......then we'll see how your pie in the sky collegiate ideals work

SicEmBaylor
7/26/2006, 03:32 PM
No way do I vote for Governor Cabana Boy Good Hair. The man who gave us hate crimes laws in TX, supported the stealth income tax (which we were instrumental in defeating and is one of our biggest successes the last couple of years), is supporting the "Sana Anna Highway", refuses to put troops on the border, etc. His one redeeming quality, much to the chagrin of Homey and JK, is that he's an SCV member whose views on that subject are surely "scary."

Strayhorn is a better bet than Perry. But, I contest the fact that Kinky is a novelty. He's running a serious campaign truly intended to win. He's brought in a team of top-quality professionals and consultants to run the show, and just becuase he doesn't fit into the mold of a "traditional candidate" is no reason to dismiss him out of hand.

C&CDean
7/26/2006, 03:39 PM
Why don't you Texans keep your Texas politics on a Texas board. Nobody here (who matters) gives a **** what happens in Texas.

SicEmBaylor
7/26/2006, 03:40 PM
Why don't you Texans keep your Texas politics on a Texas board. Nobody here (who matters) gives a **** what happens in Texas.
I'm not a Texan. ;)

SicEmBaylor
7/26/2006, 03:43 PM
yes, because thats just what we need.....more dysfunction in goverment

get out in the real world, pay property taxes, etc.......then we'll see how your pie in the sky collegiate ideals work

:sigh: So, I guess that's what it comes back to then...
Funny that you're worried about your taxes going up when I worked my *** off to help defeat that stealth income tax including visiting with members of the state legislature personally. I guess that doesn't count for much though. Oh well...

7/26/2006, 07:08 PM
Meh, by sheer registration numbers, the more people that vote the more my viewpoint is typically represented. Hence, I would prefer the ignorant to vote, because the numbers favor Democrats. Dear God, am I cynical. You are an admitted democrat, and the reason most dims vote dim.

7/26/2006, 07:13 PM
I don't like Kinky's platform. But if you're voting for Kinky because of his platform then you're missing the point. I'm voting for Kinky to disrupt and throw a wrench into the gears of government. I'm doing it so the GOP will meet with a badly needed electoral defeat at the ballot box and thus render a good "blood letting."

There ya go, vote for the lesser candidate, and all will turn out fine.